Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:08 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
As we used to say in the playground (which is where these two appear to still be) Good riddance to bad rubbish. Brand is creepy and Ross (no coincidence that it rhymes with Toss) really have been kicked up the backside. It's true that it has been whipped up by the good old press, no doubt about it. And it's astonishing that there have been 27,000 complaints. I think though that it is actually about more than this incident (which was completely disgusting) and that people are really fed up with this increasingly offensive type of muck being churned out in the name of entertainment and people are taking the opportunity of finally having their say. I'm no Mary Whitehouse, but I did complain to the BBC once about the use of W~ker and B~@&*rd on a Police, Camera Action type programme which was aired at 8.30pm. I got a purile response giving some guff about there had been a sudden change of programme and the producers hadn't had a chance to vet it! Yeh, right. I'm glad the BBC are having to eat humble pie finally. I think it's scary that there is a clear age divide in all this ie, younger listeners are non-plussed about it all and many of us oldies disgusted. The future generation are growing up thinking this type of rubbish is acceptable.

Off for a lie down now.

Hallelujah

Like you i am certainly no Mary Whitehouse. Love dirty humour, between friends, even late night TV stuff IF i find it funny, but i have never found personally abusing an individual and mocking them in front of others funny!
And what you said in your last line is exactly what i have been getting at. There has been a whole generation of morons growing up because of this trashy attitude thinking that me me me screw you humour is acceptable.

Hutch mentions finger pointing... this whole form of humour is one big finger point at certain individuals, in shrouded under a dubious cloak of humour.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:11 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
OK life's too short. Never mind.
No need to remind me i nearly lost mine 3 mths ago... thats why i am enjoying spouting it all off. I'm allowed arent i?

Everyone else gets on their soapbox in here why cant i?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:22 pm
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
I'm no Mary Whitehouse, but I did complain to the BBC once about the use of W~ker and B~@&*rd on a Police, Camera Action type programme which was aired at 8.30pm.
Best not get a TV when you get to Oz then!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:29 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by rebnatoli
Best not get a TV when you get to Oz then!
Or listen to the radio. This guy called Matt Tilly (WA) takes the piss out of normal folk on a daily basis. It is funny at times, but for those who get offended easily, don't bother listening to that show.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:56 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Or listen to the radio.
Hell no. I rarely hear it but one morning last week I was in the car going somewhere with my husband, about 8.30am, and the guy was talking on the phone to some woman who's had a huge baby (don't ask - I don't know why he was talking to her, was she famous? ) and he just came out with:

(not sure I can write it here )

"So did your v...........a tear?"

And she didn't even stutter, just answered! It's quite refreshing in some ways, but takes some getting used to.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:05 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst the media have over reacted as usual, this is about more than that. It's about morals and values and an erosion of these over time and as usual, all it takes is a straw to break the camels back. As daft as it seems, perhaps it was because it was the BBC that people have been so sensitive as the BBC are normally the bastions of society

These dipsticks were well out of order and as others have said, there are some things you just know not to go over the line. Children, grandchildren regardless as to what age are probably up there at the top of the list.

Stupid programs like "Balls of steel" [I think it was called] and "Dirty Sanchez" [USA show], shows morons playing tricks and pranks without any thought as to the upset it causes and what kind of example it gives to stupid impressionable kids and sanctioned by "pillars" of society via TV et al.

It's almost like the modern day version of Candid Camera - but worse. Candid Camera has had it's day and over the years you would think we have become more aware and respectful of people's feeling but as each generation goes on I think we've become less tolerant and more ignorant to others to the point of no return.

What's worse is that the minute someone who has been effected says what the boundaries should be, this argument is counter balanced by someone somewhere else who thinks becuase of everything else in the world, this is OK. Whilst the logic is there, it is non the less wharped. At this point we're not talking about everything else, we're talking about this issue. It's a poor excuse to smoke screen with other examples rather than accept that those effected by this were upset and embarrased. It is after all, their prerogative.

This isn't about any one of us, its about them and how they felt when someone decided to publicly upset them. When those two clowns did what they did, they have to live with their consequences. They obviously didn't chose their target carefully and that's the chance you take when you try to be clever and show off.

Personally it takes a lot to upset me. I can give as much as I get.

Start on my kids or grandkids mind - and I'd have their effin balls off:curse:
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Dirty Sanchez is not a US show its made and shot in the UK.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:19 pm
Banned

rationalfreeman is an unknown quantity at this point

although i agree the prank got out of control and was childish to the extreme, when i watched all 20 odd minutes of it on youtube i was pissing myself! some of the funniest live ad libbing ive heard in a hell of a long time. got tickets to see brand in feb and cant wait as this is blatantly gonna be one of the topics he talks about.
all the old gits who called in and complained and cant even see how this just got out of hand but no bad intention to begin with should just get a life and stop living in a world where they have to have a go about all and everything that is nothing to do with them
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

mydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nicemydearboy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by rationalfreeman
although i agree the prank got out of control and was childish to the extreme, when i watched all 20 odd minutes of it on youtube i was pissing myself! some of the funniest live ad libbing ive heard in a hell of a long time. got tickets to see brand in feb and cant wait as this is blatantly gonna be one of the topics he talks about.
all the old gits who called in and complained and cant even see how this just got out of hand but no bad intention to begin with should just get a life and stop living in a world where they have to have a go about all and everything that is nothing to do with them

Especially as none of them listened to it, quite strange isnt it that over 30000 complaints were made but only 2 of those listened to the show???
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rationalfreeman
If that was the case we would live in a very selfish society. There are lots of things that happen in this world that don't directly affect me but it doesn't stop it winding me up and making me angry.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 8:31 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mydearboy1
Dirty Sanchez is not a US show its made and shot in the UK.
Sorry, I think I got mixed up with the USA version where they light each others hair or staple their privates:

Not sure what the USA version is called then but that's just as daft
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Personally it takes a lot to upset me. I can give as much as I get.

Start on my kids or grandkids mind - and I'd have their effin balls off:curse:
Too f-ing right!

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Sorry, I think I got mixed up with the USA version where they light each others hair or staple their privates:

Not sure what the USA version is called then but that's just as daft
Jackass. I don't "get" these programmes either. Grown men lighting their farts and throwing themselves off moving vehicles. Um, thanks, but no thanks!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by rabsody
Jackass. I don't "get" these programmes either. Grown men lighting their farts and throwing themselves off moving vehicles. Um, thanks, but no thanks!
That's the one - thanks rab

No I don't get it either.

A couple of months ago I swiched on a UK program shown here on Foxtel. It showed young lads in UK throwing food at people sat at bus stops and outside having a coffee in a street side cafe. The victims were obviously shocked initially and then upset as the food had stained their clothes and the poor sods were shocked as they initially didn't know what was being thrown at them from a moving car [cheeseburgers I think it was].

I think I am fairly easy going and no one likes a good laugh any more than I do, but how anyone can find this kind of thing funny is beyond me. Why would throwing food at people from a moving car be funny

I think that kind of humour is about humiliation. Personally I don't find it funny
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mydearboy1
Especially as none of them listened to it, quite strange isnt it that over 30000 complaints were made but only 2 of those listened to the show???
It's irrelevant whether the complainants heard the prank 'live', read about it in the newspaper, or saw it on YouTube

They still have the right to complain if they find the matter offensive
Old Oct 30th 2008, 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by tictac
It's irrelevant whether the complainants heard the prank 'live', read about it in the newspaper, or saw it on YouTube

They still have the right to complain if they find the matter offensive
Agreed

The strange thing is that it's totally unfunny. That guy who looks like Jesus and Ross - they were like two schoolkids trying to say something funny and the harder they tried, the stupider they behaved. There was absolutely nothing humerous about the recording at all. And they get paid for this crap

Not a brain cell between them - and boring to boot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.