Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default *That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Clearly these guys have crossed the line (how often to we hear that these days?) in an attempt to be funny, and must now face the consequences

However, regardless of what you think of these two characters (I personally think they're *usually* exceptionally funny and intelligent), I found Brand's apology refreshingly sincere, honest and humble

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/vid...sky-news-video

Do you have any thoughts or do you basically not give a toss?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: *That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Right...will make this brief...

Can't stand Ross, I don't think he is at all funny and can't understand how he has kept going for so long. Get rid of the rubbish I reckon!!

Brand, haven't heard that much of him, but what I have heard I don't find remotely funny either. He was right to resign.

However, have heard his apology, which I interpreted him as saying: I don't think I should be apologizing but have to cause I've been told to.

Why oh why wasn't Chris Moyles involved with it too??!! I would love to see him go too.

Together, they were like two teenage boys. Both should know better.

Right...off the soap box!!!

Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:31 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly can't believe it's the lead story on the BBC website today.

Haven't been in the UK for a few years so don't really know what Ross has been up to, but I would imagine he's way past his prime. Not exactly a lasting talent like my beloved Parky.

Russell Brand - well I only know him from his oft-reported antics and a podcast my husband played me, which I didn't find at all funny, but maybe it's a generational thing - we did all the "alternative" comedy in the 80s, didn't we? I think his apology is dripping with sarcasm.

Whether the furore is or is not justified, I don't know, and can't really get excited about. If I didn't read the BBC news site every day, I would be none the wiser about it. They do say there's no such thing as bad publicity.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:32 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac
Clearly these guys have crossed the line (how often to we hear that these days?) in an attempt to be funny, and must now face the consequences

However, regardless of what you think of these two characters (I personally think they're *usually* exceptionally funny and intelligent), I found Brand's apology refreshingly sincere, honest and humble

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/vid...sky-news-video

Do you have any thoughts or do you basically not give a toss?
I like Jonathan Ross but Brand makes my flesh crawl and I don't find anything he does remotely funny. How he manages to pull beautiful women I will never know.

I feel sorry for Andrew Sachs but in the general scheme of world events just now, who gives a flying fig!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Sparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of lightSparky wife is a glorious beacon of light

Normally I wouldn't care...but the amount of money they get paid is obscene-there are plenty of talented people out there who would do a job a million times better for a hell of a lot less money.

I really need to put my soap box away now...
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:48 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, I think it's the Bad Boy factor, NB.

Actually, the way he dresses is very similar to the first Mr Seasider when I met him in 1982.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:49 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

With not hearing the actual event, i found it all abit of an 'over reaction'. I like Jonathon Ross, never heard of the other guy.
It was a stupid daft prank to play and now they are paying the consequences.
It will all be forgotten about next week.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:53 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I feel sorry for Sachs and his grand daughter it was a stupid puerile prank better suited to schoolboys than grown men.
Jonathan Ross is well past his sell by date
Old Oct 30th 2008, 12:59 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Def a stupid prank, but I really think that the whole situation has been whipped up by the British press (as usual) and that the BBC seem to be bowing to pressure.

I'm sure there's other ways to hit Ross where it hurts other than to suspend him - how about a couple of £mil donated to one of Sachs fave charities???
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:29 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Sack both of them, to quote an Aussie phrase they have turned into a couple of over-paid "Tall Poppies" who need a sharp kick in the sacks to wake them up from their misguided opinion that they are supremely funny..

Ross used to be funny, so I'm a little baffled by all this. I guess he's just got to big for his own boots. As for Russell Brand, how anyone can find that pr!ck anything but retch inducing is beyond me. Only in England could a gold class tosser like that bloke become "famous".

Sack em

Al
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:46 am
Just enjoying being here

rebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud ofrebnatoli has much to be proud of

Well I like them both. Can't say I would agree with that particular prank though - probably be applauded here in Oz and played on school run radio!

However you have to wonder if they were put up to it - global financial crisis not selling papers/radio/tv anymore - lets find something else to unite the nation!

Makes me even more glad than usual (and thats difficult) to be here and not there!
Old Oct 30th 2008, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Never heard of this guy 'Brand", but just seen some footage on TV here in Perth. I don't like his hair
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:39 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Russell Brand's hair is bizarre and even less entertaining than him. What a pile of nonsense. Is there no news happening in Britain at the moment? Have the BBC got nothing else to do? Just been looking at the BBC news site - I couldn't work out what the guys had done - seemed like it must be murder or rape considering the 'outcry'. As for people continuing to complain, well that's just daft and they shouldn't still be counting. The people who heard it originally had the right to complain, not people who heard or read about it in the news and then found the links

I like Ross, he's a pillock but he makes me laugh, or he did - not heard him for three years
Old Oct 30th 2008, 2:48 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
Never heard of this guy 'Brand", but just seen some footage on TV here in Perth. I don't like his hair
He used to do some late night crappy show about Big Brother (UK) years ago but I thought he'd disappeared into oblivion till this all came up. He used to wear silky scarves round his neck. Shame someone didn't pull a scarf tight back then
Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:14 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Russell Brand's hair is bizarre and even less entertaining than him. What a pile of nonsense. Is there no news happening in Britain at the moment? Have the BBC got nothing else to do? Just been looking at the BBC news site - I couldn't work out what the guys had done - seemed like it must be murder or rape considering the 'outcry'. As for people continuing to complain, well that's just daft and they shouldn't still be counting. The people who heard it originally had the right to complain, not people who heard or read about it in the news and then found the links

I like Ross, he's a pillock but he makes me laugh, or he did - not heard him for three years
What do you mean "has the BBC got nothing else to do"?

The BBC has a social responsibility to condemn and to be seen condemning the actions of these two clowns.

It may not be headline news in the large scheme of things but it's news nontheless. Who decides what is news and what isn't news? Maybe some people are sick to death of hearing about the global financial situation and the forthcoming election in the US and welcome something different?

BBC sport are reporting that Spurs came back from 4-2 down to score 2 goals in the last minute of their match against Arsenal. I'm not an Arsenal or Spurs fan so I too could say "has the BBC got nothing else to do?"

I dare say that if some stranger rang up your elderly grandfather and said that they'd been banging you then you'd be mightily upset?

There's too much of this "it's not on my radar so it's not important" attitude today.

Nothing personal BTW

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.