Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

*That* Prank By Ross & Brand

Old Oct 30th 2008, 3:16 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: *That* Prank By Ross & Brand

If anything, I think the show's producers are at fault. It wasn't a live show, was it? They approved it for broadcast.

edit: and yes I appreciate the idiots did it in the first place, but would we have known about it?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tictac
What do you mean "has the BBC got nothing else to do"?

The BBC has a social responsibility to condemn and to be seen condemning the actions of these two clowns.

It may not be headline news in the large scheme of things but it's news nontheless. Who decides what is news and what isn't news? Maybe some people are sick to death of hearing about the global financial situation and the forthcoming election in the US and welcome something different?

BBC sport are reporting that Spurs came back from 4-2 down to score 2 goals in the last minute of their match against Arsenal. I'm not an Arsenal or Spurs fan so I too could say "has the BBC got nothing else to do?"

I dare say that if some stranger rang up your elderly grandfather and said that they'd been banging you then you'd be mightily upset?

There's too much of this "it's not on my radar so it's not important" attitude today.

Nothing personal BTW
None taken I'd just clicked on a BBC link and it seemed to be a touch of overkill that's all. Gordon Brown makes a statement, the BBC make a statement, OFCOM make a statement blah blah blah. It was two overpaid idiots behaving like children whilst an editor sat back and allowed it to happen. Give it a mention or two but involve the Prime Minister? WTF is that all about
Old Oct 30th 2008, 4:32 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
None taken I'd just clicked on a BBC link and it seemed to be a touch of overkill that's all. Gordon Brown makes a statement, the BBC make a statement, OFCOM make a statement blah blah blah. It was two overpaid idiots behaving like children whilst an editor sat back and allowed it to happen. Give it a mention or two but involve the Prime Minister? WTF is that all about
I hear Kofi Annan's none too chuffed either
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:05 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

can`t stand brand or ross .I think the whole thing is blown out of perportion honestly it was a bloody joke what is the world coming to lol
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I hear Kofi Annan's none too chuffed either
Cracker !
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:10 am
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

What do you mean "has the BBC got nothing else to do"?

The BBC has a social responsibility to condemn and to be seen condemning the actions of these two clowns.

It may not be headline news in the large scheme of things but it's news nontheless. Who decides what is news and what isn't news? Maybe some people are sick to death of hearing about the global financial situation and the forthcoming election in the US and welcome something different?

BBC sport are reporting that Spurs came back from 4-2 down to score 2 goals in the last minute of their match against Arsenal. I'm not an Arsenal or Spurs fan so I too could say "has the BBC got nothing else to do?"

I dare say that if some stranger rang up your elderly grandfather and said that they'd been banging you then you'd be mightily upset?

There's too much of this "it's not on my radar so it's not important" attitude today.

Nothing personal BTW
Spot on!

When i watched it on Sky News, my first thoughts were, they reminded me of a couple of immature spotty teenage boys behaving as teenage boys do... screw anyone elses feelings, i need to make myself appear the funniest in the group by being vile so it improves my street cred and screw how my actions affect anyone else...

One of them is far too old to be acting like a child and the other is desperate to climb the ladder...
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:36 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

What did they do?? i hadnt even heard about it till now
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:38 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by kez81
What did they do?? i hadnt even heard about it till now
Click the link Kez on the first post.

Just a pair of idiots talking crap! nothing major.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:42 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

The media over reacting yet again. I know some of you find it boring but the economic crises and the USA election should be taking centre stage at this moment in time. It effects a damn site more people than a childish prank by a couple of men/boys.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 5:52 am

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa
The media over reacting yet again. I know some of you find it boring but the economic crises and the USA election should be taking centre stage at this moment in time. It effects a damn site more people than a childish prank by a couple of men/boys.
Couldnt agree more just heard it on youtube although it was out of order why the hell is Gordon Brown getting involved??
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:05 am
No Clean Feed

bigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond reputebigAPE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishfamily
I think the whole thing is blown out of perportion honestly it was a bloody joke what is the world coming to lol
Yeah. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaa.... My sides are splitting. Perhaps if it was you they phoned up and your daughter they were talking about you might not be in such a jovial mood about it.

Hang on what about stamping on kittens live on air... or or jokes about black midgets with cancer dying of stab wounds from knives coated in AIDS infected blood. Always bound to raise a chuckle to BBC viewers

Sack the pricks.. time for loveable untouchable "Auntie Beeb" to make a statement and show they are cogent of the will of the people who fund them.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigAPE
Yeah. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAaaaaaa.... My sides are splitting. Perhaps if it was you they phoned up and your daughter they were talking about you might not be in such a jovial mood about it.

Hang on what about stamping on kittens live on air... or or jokes about black midgets with cancer dying of stab wounds from knives coated in AIDS infected blood. Always bound to raise a chuckle to BBC viewers

Sack the pricks.. time for loveable untouchable "Auntie Beeb" to make a statement and show they are cogent of the will of the people who fund them.
Quite.

Though I did find Brand's apology somewhat remorseful.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:27 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

What they did was probably wrong, but there's been a huge amount of bandwagon jumping going on - it's a media football at a time in which everyone's getting piss bored of hearing how much further the economy's sunk into a black hole.

Is this the lady in question? Slightly saucier image here.

Says here that she's a member of a four-piece burlesque dance group called Satanic Sluts Extreme. Probably shouldn't have taken it to her grandfather, but she's hardly Mother Teresa, is she?
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:33 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, just gate crashing. I wanted to put my pennies worth in.

Brand is always like this, crossing boundries. I think they should have drawn a line at phoning Andrew Sachs. They did this three times and left messages, I think I would have been annoyed.
Old Oct 30th 2008, 7:57 am
BE Enthusiast

I wonder if there'd have been as much uproar if it'd been someone else other than the 'lovable' Andrew Sachs (Manuel) who had been the victim of this ill-advised phone prank?

What if it'd have been someone like Dennis Ferguson for example?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Ferguson

(Sorry, but I can't think of any other despicable aged persons)

Had this been the case and given the fickleness of society today, it wouldn't have been surprising to hear of calls for Brand and Ross to be knighted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.