First Update

Old May 6th 2013, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First Update

I don't often get homesick but your photos are making me want to move back to UK! Not my time yet but maybe in few years. We'll see. So happy for you Linzi..
Old May 6th 2013, 9:17 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

I have just had THE best night. One of the neighbours came over and the conversation turned to a BBQ so he parked his motor home in the drive and we had a BBQ. Mr G opened a bottle of wine for me and we ate burgers, chicken wings, black and white pudding, sausages etc and had the music blaring from the motor home lol . I took some photos so hope they turn out because it was dark although I did use the flash lol. Will upload them tomorrow as I've got to head to bed because I have appt at the job centre back in Oldham tomorrow morning and like our neighbour Mr S said I need to take my passport, a packed lunch and a water bottle. Lol
Old May 6th 2013, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond reputeCelticspirit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WhoFan63
I have just had THE best night. One of the neighbours came over and the conversation turned to a BBQ so he parked his motor home in the drive and we had a BBQ. Mr G opened a bottle of wine for me and we ate burgers, chicken wings, black and white pudding, sausages etc and had the music blaring from the motor home lol . I took some photos so hope they turn out because it was dark although I did use the flash lol. Will upload them tomorrow as I've got to head to bed because I have appt at the job centre back in Oldham tomorrow morning and like our neighbour Mr S said I need to take my passport, a packed lunch and a water bottle. Lol
Goodness, just when I thought it couldn't get any better.......it does!!!
You have been such an inspiration to me that I ordered an exercise pen for my brother's garden, otherwise it would be his Irish Setter v two Chihuahuas and of course the Chis would win......;-) also some really cute bedding.
My darling daughter is getting married on 18th in Manhattan. After that I hope to make real plans.
Old May 6th 2013, 11:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

ElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really niceElizabethK is just really nice

The ice-cream was vanilla and raspberry and there was plenty of raspberry syrup poured on top as well. Too bad the flake wasn't a bit bigger...but can't complain it was still yummy!
I wish you'd taken a picture of the 99
Old May 6th 2013, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

Linzi, you're a real 'go-getter' and such an inspiration to many of us. Well done and posting!
Old May 6th 2013, 11:33 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ElizabethK
I wish you'd taken a picture of the 99
Hopefully there'll be another
Old May 6th 2013, 11:34 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

The better it gets, the better it gets! Good for you!
Old May 7th 2013, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

cheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond reputecheers has a reputation beyond repute

Are the electrical outlet plugs the same in Aus. or Did you have to buy an adapter for the UK?

what make of laptop is it.

We just had a downpour here and I thought it was overcast because of the fires in California.
Old May 7th 2013, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by cheers
Are the electrical outlet plugs the same in Aus. or Did you have to buy an adapter for the UK?

what make of laptop is it.

We just had a downpour here and I thought it was overcast because of the fires in California.
You can buy a plug adaptor so that you can recharge your laptop. You won't have any trouble with getting on to wifi wherever you are, as long as you have the password if it's a password protected connection.
Old May 7th 2013, 8:54 am
is finally happy

Tel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to beholdTel8 is a splendid one to behold

So lovely- congratulations! Nothing beats a full English breakfast *sigh*

Good luck with the job/flat hunting! It's a shame about the B&B, but hopefully you'll find a place with loads more space and more of those lovely views!
Old May 7th 2013, 10:15 am
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Just love those pics! Keep 'em coming!!!

Your landlords sound absolutely delightful. They are really treating you like part of the family and it is so good to read the tidbits about them

I noticed in the pics that the dogs' bowls are at the top of the stairs

PS: I just want to add that it is this sense of caring (from the landlords), the willingness to help and to be understanding to another human being that makes me want to go home the most. It is just missing in the USA - non-existent!

Last edited by windsong; May 7th 2013 at 10:34 am.
Old May 7th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

NiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond reputeNiHao has a reputation beyond repute

I keep meaning to say that as fabulous as your new landlords are I do think they are also lucky to have found such a wonderful tenant!
Old May 7th 2013, 11:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=windsong;10695758
PS: I just want to add that it is this sense of caring (from the landlords), the willingness to help and to be understanding to another human being that makes me want to go home the most. It is just missing in the USA - non-existent![/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by NiHao
I keep meaning to say that as fabulous as your new landlords are I do think they are also lucky to have found such a wonderful tenant!
Can we get another

Last edited by Perth; May 7th 2013 at 11:15 am.
Old May 7th 2013, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by NiHao
Old May 7th 2013, 1:13 pm
Yorkshire Lass

WhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to beholdWhoFan63 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by windsong
Just love those pics! Keep 'em coming!!!

Your landlords sound absolutely delightful. They are really treating you like part of the family and it is so good to read the tidbits about them

I noticed in the pics that the dogs' bowls are at the top of the stairs

PS: I just want to add that it is this sense of caring (from the landlords), the willingness to help and to be understanding to another human being that makes me want to go home the most. It is just missing in the USA - non-existent!
Actually the bowls at the top of the stairs are for the cat..lol. He stays upstairs most of the time and to stop any food issues they keep the food bowls separate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.