Decision made.

Old Jul 19th 2018, 1:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made.

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Agree completely. This is something that the US definitely gets right and England gets very wrong. Every time I think about buying a small apartment to use in England I cringe at the thought of having to deal with its home buying system.
The UK Real Estate set up is beyond stupid. We moved to Aus and from the moment of saying we'd buy this house to moving in was 21 days. Why the UK system takes months is beyond me. Just a money making scheme for solicitors I think.
Old Jul 19th 2018, 3:07 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
£113,000 - gone.
Bluddy stinking rissole smelly arsestewards.

Old Jul 20th 2018, 5:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Much of our first 2 years here was spent renovating the New Brighton place but we sold it for a really good profit - here's a link if anyone's interested in a nose
https://www.onthemarket.com/details/4531670/
Just catching up with your plans and had a kneb round your house. How beautiful, must have been hard to let it go with all the work that you've put into it. Got a friend, Barb who lives in Wallasey and my god-mother, Joan lives in Bebington. Miss them both. Hopefully you'll find an awesome place in Perth.
Really sorry to hear about all your problems with the apartment over the water, complete and utter pisser! I'd like to hang these folk up by their genitals!

Hope your last week on the Wirral is good to you and the weather remains good.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 8:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The UK Real Estate set up is beyond stupid. We moved to Aus and from the moment of saying we'd buy this house to moving in was 21 days. Why the UK system takes months is beyond me. Just a money making scheme for solicitors I think.
Yep. We sold our house the day after we listed it. 30 days later we had the money in the bank. And while we are on the subject, renting here is a pisser too. Near impossible to find a place that will rent to you if you have a pet. Not to belabour the point, but in the US, you pay an extra deposit and maybe $10 a month extra for said pet. Our present lease expires in April, and after two years in the city, we would like to move out to the seaside, and get a dog. Needle in a haystack trying to find somewhere without the "strictly no pets" stipulation.
Old Jul 20th 2018, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Agree completely. This is something that the US definitely gets right and England gets very wrong. Every time I think about buying a small apartment to use in England I cringe at the thought of having to deal with its home buying system.
Then if you want to sell, that doesn't seem much easier either. Although, had to do that with an inherited property in Paris. I was told it was the most difficult place to buy and sell property on the planet. After our experience, I don't think I would disagree.

Last edited by Perth; Jul 20th 2018 at 8:37 am.
Old Jul 21st 2018, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Pistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond reputePistolpete2 has a reputation beyond repute

What spouse of scouse is bearing first-hand witness to here has nothing to do with the archaic buying and selling routine which one has to go through when buying/selling English residential real estate. She has most unfortunately bought into a development which is being run by a thoroughly unethical developer and I can personally vouch for that because I too am being stung by the self-same. There are always risks associated with buying off-plan but this developer has only come onto the radar of being at the bad-egg end relatively recently. Let's face it, in spite of Rip-off Britain (BBC) typically focusing on travel and retail rip-offs, they are in fact all over the place and there are precious few avenues for satisfactory recourse particularly when you have bent architects, bent thoroughly dishonest developers, bent or useless solicitors and bent project managers all in cahoots with one another and seemingly no normal routes for remedy. We are soon headed for even less regulation. Imagine!

It would be nice to use the mainstream media as some sort of leverage for these sorts of frequent and very expensive abuses but there is only one paper that typically takes this sort of rubbish on and that is the Guardian. Would it be an instrument for actual positive change? One just doesn't know. If something meaningful isn't done soon to call these people out they will simply move on to another and then another, taking folks' life savings as they go.

Last edited by Pistolpete2; Jul 21st 2018 at 9:27 am.
Old Jul 21st 2018, 9:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pistolpete2
What spouse of scouse is bearing first-hand witness to here has nothing to do with the archaic buying and selling routine which one has to go through when buying/selling English residential real estate. She has most unfortunately bought into a development which is being run by a thoroughly unethical developer and I can personally vouch for that because I too am being stung by the self-same. There are always risks associated with buying off-plan but this developer has only come onto the radar of being at the bad-egg end relatively recently. Let's face it, in spite of Rip-off Britain (BBC) typically focusing on travel and retail rip-offs, they are in fact all over the place and there are precious few avenues for satisfactory recourse particularly when you have bent architects, bent thoroughly dishonest developers, bent or useless solicitors and bent project managers all in cahoots with one another and seemingly no normal routes for remedy. We are soon headed for even less regulation. Imagine!

It would be nice to use the mainstream media as some sort of leverage for these sorts of frequent abuses but there is only one paper that typically takes this sort of rubbish on and that is the Guardian. Would it be an instrument for actual positive change? One just doesn't know.
We know that. The whole real estate set up in the UK is ****ed up from start to finish whatever the case or situation.
Old Jul 31st 2018, 6:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I'm off like a piece of cheese

We fly out of Manchester to Perth this afternoon, via Dubai. Goodbye Merseyside, I've loved living here and will never forget you. Hello Australia, I love living here too and I've never forgotten you!

See you all on the other side xx
Old Jul 31st 2018, 7:28 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

We fly out of Manchester to Perth this afternoon, via Dubai. Goodbye Merseyside, I've loved living here and will never forget you. Hello Australia, I love living here too and I've never forgotten you!

Brilliant! Have a great journey & best of luck in Australia!
Old Jul 31st 2018, 11:24 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!

Have a good trip!
Old Jul 31st 2018, 4:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh my goodness, too late to wish you bon voyage! Happy landings and happy ever after with scouse and your Oz family. Please send updates when you can
Old Jul 31st 2018, 8:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Did not realise you were flying so soon. Bon voyage/hope you had a good trip and look forward to hearing from you again soon from Oz.

Best wishes
Old Aug 1st 2018, 2:37 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Safe journey home.
Old Aug 1st 2018, 10:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Welcome home!
Old Aug 1st 2018, 10:37 am
BE Enthusiast

aries has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond reputearies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Not just with buying and selling property, Britain is drowning in red tape.

I’m sure the overburdened NHS would also be better served with a massive administrative overhaul, but I feel that Brits are so established with the systems they’ve created, they’re not able to comprehend anything simpler.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.