Decision made.

Old Jan 31st 2018, 7:37 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made.

Originally Posted by Caroline in Arizona
Spouse of scouse - DH is doing well. Pretty intense recovery with the pain, swelling and PT. I’ve become a cheerleader and counter of the repetitions. I even join in with some of the exercises for moral support. He saw the surgeon today and next TKR scheduled for 14th March. If my DH waited too long I don’t think he’d want to go through this again!
Sounds really painful, good idea for him to get the other one done asap before he chickens out! Glad he's doing well, it'll all be worth it once his recovery's complete and he can walk without pain again.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:15 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

House is sold, so that's one thing out the way. Next is to find some temporary accommodation, we didn't expect it to sell so quickly.

(don't mind me, I'm putting the 'milestones' on this thread so I can look back on it when I'm in my rocking chair in Australia)

Old Mar 6th 2018, 12:31 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
House is sold, so that's one thing out the way. Next is to find some temporary accommodation, we didn't expect it to sell so quickly.

(don't mind me, I'm putting the 'milestones' on this thread so I can look back on it when I'm in my rocking chair in Australia)

When are you expecting to be back?
Old Mar 6th 2018, 3:07 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, that was a quick sale? Or have I lost it completely?

Keep the milestones up.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 5:02 pm
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and on to the next step!!
Old Mar 6th 2018, 6:42 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Dorothy
When are you expecting to be back?
Towards the end of this year
Old Mar 6th 2018, 6:45 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Wow, that was a quick sale? Or have I lost it completely?

Keep the milestones up.
No, you haven't lost it completely BB

It's been on the market for 4 weeks, we hadn't had any viewings until the Saturday just gone and they bought it. I say 'bought it', but of course here either the buyer or seller can pull out at any time before completion.
Old Mar 6th 2018, 6:46 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Caroline in Arizona
Congratulations and on to the next step!!
Thanks Caroline!
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:47 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

No, you haven't lost it completely BB
Rats, that means I'm back to the part time parallel universe thing again

It's been on the market for 4 weeks, we hadn't had any viewings until the Saturday just gone and they bought it. I say 'bought it', but of course here either the buyer or seller can pull out at any time before completion.
So you got an offer on the first viewing? Great stuff.

Appreciate that it's not yet a done deal, but isn't there some degree of compensation payable if the prospective buyer pulls out? Or am I confusing that with Scottish law?

Aside - our place here went on the market last Thursday, we've had seven visits so far, with two more up for tomorrow.

Our agent says that of the seven, two were time-wasters, three a bit unsure, and two reasonably good potentials. These things take time here...
Old Mar 9th 2018, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Great news, one more British summer to experience and then you'll be heading home. Exciting times
Old Mar 9th 2018, 10:09 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by BuckinghamshireBoy
Rats, that means I'm back to the part time parallel universe thing again

So you got an offer on the first viewing? Great stuff.

Appreciate that it's not yet a done deal, but isn't there some degree of compensation payable if the prospective buyer pulls out? Or am I confusing that with Scottish law?

Aside - our place here went on the market last Thursday, we've had seven visits so far, with two more up for tomorrow.

Our agent says that of the seven, two were time-wasters, three a bit unsure, and two reasonably good potentials. These things take time here...
Sort of the first viewing, they were booked to come at noon, then the agent rang again and said another couple wanted to come at 10.30.

No, there's no recourse if either the buyer or seller pulls out prior to exchange. So you can wait three months while the solicitors do their slow as a wet week thing, only to have to start all over again.

Took me a while to get my head around that, as in Oz once an offer's accepted you sign and that's that, both parties are legally committed. Although you can put conditions on the offer, such as 'subject to satisfactory termite inspection' (termites are a big problem there), or 'subject to at least 3 kangaroos being present in the garden at all times' (I made that one up).

Best of luck with selling yours! Are you staying in the area or moving on somewhere else?
Old Mar 9th 2018, 10:14 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Great news, one more British summer to experience and then you'll be heading home. Exciting times
Thanks chuck! Two of my sisters booked trips from Oz ages ago to come and visit us, so am currently looking for short term furnished accommodation that'll hold us all comfortably. They're as scarce as hens teeth in Liverpool over summer, and the prices are eye-watering Would you believe the cost for a rather scabby 2 bedroom 1 bathroom flat for 70 nights was £12,000?!
Old Mar 10th 2018, 10:58 am
Gloves off

... Would you believe the cost for a rather scabby 2 bedroom 1 bathroom flat for 70 nights was £12,000?!
Good grief, that is disgusting!

... No, there's no recourse if either the buyer or seller pulls out prior to exchange. So you can wait three months while the solicitors do their slow as a wet week thing, only to have to start all over again.

Took me a while to get my head around that, as in Oz once an offer's accepted you sign and that's that, both parties are legally committed. Although you can put conditions on the offer, such as 'subject to satisfactory termite inspection' (termites are a big problem there), or 'subject to at least 3 kangaroos being present in the garden at all times' (I made that one up).
Oz seems similar in that respect to here and our next port of call. Here one signs an 'act of promise' and pays 10% deposit. Then one is locked in, various conditions/clauses can be added at this point and then the solicitors do their thing. Any flaws in the clauses will result in a re-think, but the buyer could in theory pull out for whatever reason, but must pay a huge amount of compensation.

Best of luck with selling yours! Are you staying in the area or moving on somewhere else?
Thanks.

We're leaving Switzerland, heading north to Belgium just short of the Dutch border. I put a couple of threads in the European forums giving background and milestones
Old Mar 10th 2018, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Caroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond reputeCaroline in Arizona has a reputation beyond repute

Spouse of scouse - rather than renting have you thought about Airbnb? That’s what we did for most of our 6 months in Europe last year. In St Andrews we were in a Victorian apartment for a month and it cost us $1,000. The price typically comes down significantly when you stay for a month.
Old Mar 12th 2018, 11:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks chuck! Two of my sisters booked trips from Oz ages ago to come and visit us, so am currently looking for short term furnished accommodation that'll hold us all comfortably. They're as scarce as hens teeth in Liverpool over summer, and the prices are eye-watering Would you believe the cost for a rather scabby 2 bedroom 1 bathroom flat for 70 nights was £12,000?!
Ye gods and little boarlets! Other than Air BnB I don't know what to suggest. Do you need to be in Liverpool? Or could you look further out towards Warrington or further north/south. Avoid St.Helens unless you look at Eccleston, Windle or Rainford.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.