Decision made.

Old Aug 22nd 2018, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

between two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond reputebetween two worlds has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Decision made.

Spouse, I remember you from way back when! Gosh what upheavals in the interim, and now you're back off to Oz! I do admire your balance, calmness, and your attitude "I'd be happy here or in Oz but hubby not happy here" so you are going back to Oz with such positivity...

Good luck with it all!
Old Aug 26th 2018, 2:35 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks so much for your kind thoughts and good wishes everyone

Have been flat out since we got back but most of it is done now. We were a bit dispirited when we did our first day of house viewing. As I've mentioned, our budget had to be culled due to the apartment development going bust, and we weren't exactly loving what we were seeing. But we viewed one the next day that we both loved and our offer was accepted, settlement tomorrow! It's a lot quicker here than in the UK.

Unfortunately we won't be able to move in for some time - our shipping container, which we were assured would take 4 - 6 weeks, won't be here until 1 November. NOT happy about that. So we're staying at my sister's place until then.

My Medicare card was still valid, and I was also able to reinstate my private health insurance without a penalty for the break in membership. Have had a few 'how much?!' moments since I got back, but this was the biggest - $1,570 per quarter

Still winter in Perth, today was warm, sunny and 22 degrees. My family are really glad we're back - all my siblings and I were sitting around the table under Mum's patio this morning for one of her famous morning teas, and she was smiling because 'all my chickens are here again'

I find I'm far more 'engaged' with the UK than I was before I lived there. I keep up to date with what's happening and take more pleasure in the good news, and am sadder at the bad, than before.

I hope everyone's doing well. You'll be turning on your central heating in a couple of months, and I'll be giving the air conditioning a good battering
Old Aug 26th 2018, 9:46 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

It's actually quite hard for me to think of you in Oz and not the UK. I suppose because I followed your move , willing it along.

A bit of me will always think of you now as Australian/Liverpudlian.