Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wow how do peeps do it ......

wow how do peeps do it ......

Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all
Default Re: wow how do peeps do it ......

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm not sure if that was a serious question or if you were being sarcastic, but in case it was the former - I didn't own a tumble dryer, if I had then I would've shipped it, on the advice from people here. My ancient microwave self-destructed the week the shippers were due, otherwise that would've come as well.
Yeah it was... we've had a chat and it's all coming

I think I'm gonna have to set aside some days before the shippers come to clean anything that needs cleaning...
Any advice on how to get used bikes etc gleaming would be appreciated though

An Ewww Renth - was the pillowcase recoverable evidently the mantis wasn't !
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butterfly Bokeh

I think I'm gonna have to set aside some days before the shippers come to clean anything that needs cleaning...

Hard work, scrubbing, high pressure hose and they love the smell of Jeyes fluid.....it's not too onerous......
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:35 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Pressure washer or hot soapy water, dry off, spray moving parts with WD40.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all

Originally Posted by itigo
Hard work, scrubbing, high pressure hose and they love the smell of Jeyes fluid.....it's not too onerous......
Cool thanks for that tip - will order some Jeyes in the shopping next week
An better borrow back my dads pressure washer
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by itigo
Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Pressure washer or hot soapy water, dry off, spray moving parts with WD40.
Okey doke - got WD40 - I'm sure my husband is obsessed with it.
Someone mentioned in passing the other day back to black to put on the tyres - is it worth it or just a good clean ?
Old Apr 14th 2012, 11:59 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Okey doke - got WD40 - I'm sure my husband is obsessed with it.
Someone mentioned in passing the other day back to black to put on the tyres - is it worth it or just a good clean ?
We brought over three shedful of garden tools, bikes, ancient woodworking tools, mechanic tools. Didn't use any Jeyes. Just pressure washer and WD40. The husband did spray paint some things like spades etc but only because he's a bit anal and had used the angle grinder on any rust he found. If you want to black the wheels do so but you don't have to.

It's the luck of the draw what AQIS pick up, ours came through unscathed, the bikes hadn't even been opened. Others have gone to great lengths and had the lot opened.
Old Apr 15th 2012, 12:03 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We brought over three shedful of garden tools, bikes, ancient woodworking tools, mechanic tools. Didn't use any Jeyes. Just pressure washer and WD40. The husband did spray paint some things like spades etc but only because he's a bit anal and had used the angle grinder on any rust he found. If you want to black the wheels do so but you don't have to.

It's the luck of the draw what AQIS pick up, ours came through unscathed, the bikes hadn't even been opened. Others have gone to great lengths and had the lot opened.
Sods law often raises his head..... eere on the side of caution