Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

wow how do peeps do it ......

wow how do peeps do it ......

Old Apr 14th 2012, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all
Default Re: wow how do peeps do it ......

Originally Posted by nolan8
oopssss i mean i have had 25 years work experience 18 of them in a bank and the last 8 years of that in management .......
Nolan I doubt it matters what you say, what you've done or where you've been. The only realistic people are apparently the ones that are living their now, doesn't matter where you or I or anyone else has lived before or when.

They just want their opinion accepted - end of - they all jump up agreeing with each other. If you want an end to it - just agree with whatever they say and than them for their pedantic comments on route

I wish you luck, it could be a total nightmare ahead of you especially to begin with, I expect nothing less for us the next few months but anything better will be very welcome.

I leave my gold paved life for rainbows and cuddles with Koalas cause I'm apparently a mental asylum escapee.

Let me know the friendly forum you've found
Old Apr 14th 2012, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Dear all, hi i am the original OP, and have read the thread again this morning I think maybe i am also to blame for bad wording, questions, and comments, my intention was never to cause a small riot.... I can assure you all now that due to comments, we have looked at our plans agian, and yes we are still going ahead with the move, just making a few changes, ie oh is in discussions with his employer who have a sister company in wa, they are now in contact and he is doing a slight job change to give better experience therefore a higher paid job, i have also started retraining, my background is banking with 25 years experience in managemnet, however not practical at the moment for me to work full time, however i will be working and very happy to do so.... i know some of you dont care either way if we come or not, and thats fine, when i asked if things are that bad and why do people stay i was getting at the fact that we know the cost of living, but was hoping to hear a few things like yes we pay high bills etc etc and no money left at the end of each month but hey we love ........ (and no not talking dolphins or fluffy bunnies) all the peoples that have kindly listed their monthly outgoings has been very helpfull, and really was deadon what we had already estimated. i did ask for your opinion yes, but would have thought the positives would have been givin with the negatives to give us a true over view, but at the first few pages all we had were the negatives (still not looking for fluffly bunnies) but hey maybe provide some info on what you do in down time,?? some of you i know hate bbqs hate the beach however as i have said before we love the outdoors, the kids love sport, we love a good bbq and we love being with people and being social....... i dont have a wonderfull picture in my head of kids playing outside all the time.... i was asking why you stay if you can only comment on the bad of us moving and i am supprised there is no good..... we are extending our budget and will not come over without employment and will be staying with family for a few weeks, we have listened to you all and we do appreciate your comments, i originally wrote this post feeling very low and blue, as no one seemed to have anything good to say about the place...... I stand by the fact that we are grown ups and yes we are a large family but a close and happy one. We run a home here and manage to pay bills, I have travelled, lived and worked all over the world. even with the kids.... I have at one point moved back to the uk with 3 kids, 3 cases and no cash and it worked out fine (bloody hard, very hard) but i did it. I would like to say sorry if i offended anyone it really was not my intention, but i think some of youmay have forgotten the emotions of the move...... please is there anyone out there that does anything great at the weekends?????? after all the work is done and the bills are paid
Good for you for taking it all on board (although I'll no doubt be accused by BB of being patronising) and for using the information to develop a Plan B. With that much banking experience you could end up with a good job (but I know nothing about banking).

And yes, we have lovely weekends at the beach, the parks, having barbies etc. It's a pain in the ass clearing up all that sand, though

Good luck.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:00 am
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Nolan. I do hope it works out and now you have a plan B I think you will be better prepared.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:00 am
Just Joined

nolan8 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butterfly Bokeh
Nolan I doubt it matters what you say, what you've done or where you've been. The only realistic people are apparently the ones that are living their now, doesn't matter where you or I or anyone else has lived before or when.

They just want their opinion accepted - end of - they all jump up agreeing with each other. If you want an end to it - just agree with whatever they say and than them for their pedantic comments on route

I wish you luck, it could be a total nightmare ahead of you especially to begin with, I expect nothing less for us the next few months but anything better will be very welcome.

I leave my gold paved life for rainbows and cuddles with Koalas cause I'm apparently a mental asylum escapee.

bless ya bb perhaps ee can sit on the same plane and lick the windows together, as our hands will be in the straight jacket xxxxx
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Good for you for taking it all on board (although I'll no doubt be accused by BB of being patronising) and for using the information to develop a Plan B. With that much banking experience you could end up with a good job (but I know nothing about banking).

And yes, we have lovely weekends at the beach, the parks, having barbies etc. It's a pain in the ass clearing up all that sand, though

Good luck.
thanks, we have taken stuff on board, yes, just did not appreciate some of the downright dont do it you bloody muppets kind of stuff, i am happy to see normal people live normal lives. and hey would love to clear the sand out as long as the kids have had a great day xxxxxx
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:04 am
Forum Regular

Butterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to allButterfly Bokeh is a name known to all

Oh look more lovely comments directed at me.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of

thanks, we have taken stuff on board, yes, just did not appreciate some of the downright dont do it you bloody muppets kind of stuff, i am happy to see normal people live normal lives. and hey would love to clear the sand out as long as the kids have had a great day xxxxxx
Sent you a pm - have you seen it?

Last edited by OakTree; Apr 14th 2012 at 7:14 am.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

bless ya bb perhaps ee can sit on the same plane and lick the windows together, as our hands will be in the straight jacket xxxxx
Unfortunately our plane ride is longer than yours . Otherwise I'd be happy to lick the window next to you like a kitten and randomly shouting rainbows, streets paved of gold, milk and honey and whatever else I've been accused of. I understanding my jail sentence will be deliberated sometime next week lol
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:10 am
Forum Regular

OakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud ofOakTree has much to be proud of

Oh look more lovely comments directed at me.
BB are you already here or about to make the move?
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:12 am
Just Joined

Good luck.
Originally Posted by OakTree
Sent you a pm - have you seen it?
i did and have msg back xxx
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by OakTree
BB are you already here or about to make the move?
We're a few weeks away from moving. But been before - just many years ago.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, if you do decide to bring a container, fill it with as many cheap kids' clothes as you can for several years ahead. You'll save a fortune, seriously.
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:18 am
Just Joined

Btw, if you do decide to bring a container, fill it with as many cheap kids' clothes as you can for several years ahead. You'll save a fortune, seriously.
yep we are now looking at a 20ft our furniture will no way in this world fill it, so i will be shop shop shop in all the sales here to cloth the kids we will be bringin a box of washing powder, shower gel etc too to get us going, bin bags, and hoping to get a stationery list for school so can grab a good years worth of that too xxxx all our kitchen stuff is new and so are most of our white goods so throw them in, we are still unsure however what to do with the flat screen tv, not sure whether to risk it or not?????? all our garden stuff, camping gear, bikes, cars and older white stuff will be sold ...... cant bring it anyway cause of soil issues thanks so much for your practicaladvice xxxx
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:21 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez...get over it!!!
Old Apr 14th 2012, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

Great advice. Bring everything and more. Plan well ahead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.