British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Worst Night Of My Life! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/worst-night-my-life-308148/)

jaxowen Jun 12th 2005 2:21 pm

Re: Worst Night Of My Life!

i just want to say how sorry i am for you and your family - this is the most horrendous thing i have heard for a long while.

our thoughts and prayers are with you and i hope your house sale goes smoothly.

jax

Shelley29 Jun 12th 2005 2:45 pm

Just wanted to say how sorry I am for you and your family. My hubby would have done exactly the same if it had been our little girl being bullied. You just can't believe how evil some people are. Found your thread very shocking and I hope things get sorted for you quickly, and you find some peace before you go to Oz.

Shelley xx

ROBnCAZ Jun 12th 2005 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by elfin
some people will never have the chance to leave this god awful place.
Love Elfin x

Never a truer word spoken Elfin!!

{god awful place}

Aint it just?

chatty34 Jun 12th 2005 4:48 pm

I just don't know what to say. I am so overwhelmed by all the replies. I have made my daughter read them and I have some of them out to my husband, and we are all very moved by them. As I said earlier yes we are all strangers but for strangers to take time to send such kind words and wishes begins to restore our faith in human kind.
We are here still in our home at the moment, think we will see how we feel in a few days time though, the police have reassured us that there are always cars nearby and that if we dialled 999 they would be here within minutes, it sounds ok in the light of day but not sure how I will feel tonight. My husband is adamant that we will not be hounded out of our home.
My beautiful brave daughter who has never once answered these bullies back is determined to go to school tomorrow against mine and my husbands wishes, the police have told her that they will be sending an officer into the school tomorrow and she feels that she should hold her head up high and that she has nothing to be ashamed of. I am immensely proud of her way of thinking but think it would just about break my nervous system to drop her off at that place just one more day.
The police have informed us that they have 2 in custody and are looking for one other that is well know to them, but they are the only names they have managed to gain from witnesses so looks like the rest will get away with it.
Once again thank you for your replies, I would love to reply to each and every one individually but just haven't got the energy as I have yet to sleep.

Sharon & Family
xx

ub40fan Jun 12th 2005 4:50 pm

Oh Shazza

What a truly awful thing to happen to you. I cannot put into words how disgusted I feel at what has happened to you, and unfortunately it seems so widespread in this country.

The scumbags know that the police don't have the powers they need nor do the school teachers to stop things like this happening. And that is all down to the do-gooders and the politically correct brigade.

I hope your husband recovers from his injuries quickly, and I hope that the police can take the action you need them to. Hopefully if the boy sees that the dad is prosecuted for his actions then he may think twice about what he is doing. I don't hold out a lot of hope though.

Hope the move to Oz comes sooner rather than later for you, and you can go on to better things and put this crappy stuff behind you all.

Shirley

DollyDaydream Jun 12th 2005 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by ub40fan
Oh Shazza

What a truly awful thing to happen to you. I cannot put into words how disgusted I feel at what has happened to you, and unfortunately it seems so widespread in this country.

The scumbags know that the police don't have the powers they need nor do the school teachers to stop things like this happening. And that is all down to the do-gooders and the politically correct brigade.

I hope your husband recovers from his injuries quickly, and I hope that the police can take the action you need them to. Hopefully if the boy sees that the dad is prosecuted for his actions then he may think twice about what he is doing. I don't hold out a lot of hope though.

Hope the move to Oz comes sooner rather than later for you, and you can go on to better things and put this crappy stuff behind you all.

Shirley

Ditto those sentiments Shirley.

Had to read the post more than once because I couldn't believe what I was reading and take it all in. I just can't imagine why people would act like that.

Sharon, try to be strong (although that really sounds quite lame after what you, your husband and your children have gone through). Just keep thinking of something positive like your new life in Australia.

Love and hugs to you all

D D

Sue from Manchester Jun 12th 2005 5:41 pm

Please come on tomorrow and tell us how things are going.

ali south Jun 12th 2005 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Well, if I had any doubts about leaving England, today has finally laid those doubts to rest.
These are personal reasons so please don't feel the need to tell me that this goes on in Australia too, I know this could happen anywhere but it happened to us in England.
It is now 5am and don't think I will be able to sleep until my body gives up later on today.
My daughter has been bullied relentlessly by a group of 14yr old boys at school for just over a year now, mostly name calling but she has also had stones thrown at her and dirty drain water poured over her head and food rubbed into her eyes. The school have tried to intervene and stop them but seem to have their hands tied.
She ventured to the local village Fete today. She phoned me after one hour crying and asking me to come and pick her up, yep the group were there and were up to their usual nasty tricks, name calling, telling other boys that she doesn't even know to go and hit her, and the ring leader rode his bike into her and kicked her. Sadly but understandably her friends do not intervene, because whilst its her they pick on... you know the rest.
My husband came home from his late shift at 8pm and when he heard what had happened decided enough is enough and drove to the ring leaders house to speak to his father, thinking that they would be like us if our son was bullying a girl (horrified :mad: ) WRONG...... They had a house full of rowdy drunk people and rather than discuss it with my husband, the father and around another 10 men + teenage boys jumped on my husband and got him on the ground and proceeded to kick him and kick him and kick him, mostly in the head and whilst they were doing this the teenage boys and other men kicked our car and smashed our car lights.
I have spent 6 hours at the hospital with my husband who is now home and in bed. I cannot look at him without wanting to cry. His face is swollen like a football and black and blue, one eye has completely closed up and he can hardly walk. The doctor could not believe that the xray showed no fractures as he actually has 2 clear stamp marks on his head along with the bruises. I am sure if my husband had been a smaller man I would not have him home with me now and that he would be lying on a slab in a mortuary.
We also came home to messages that they are coming round to finish him off tonight or tomorrow.
Finish him off?? He hasn't even bloody done anything wrong, he just wanted to ask the parents to stop their son bullying our daughter. I just cannot see how total strangers can kick someone that they don't even know in the head repeatedly, how can people feel that hate and aggression for absolutely no reason.
I cannot tell my husband that I don't feel safe going to bed, this would upset him more but these are the kind of people that wont drop it because I called the police. The ring leaders father is now in a police cell charged with G.B.H and C.I.D have said that they will arrest all the others too but I am not so sure as we don't know any of their names or addresses and obviously before the police arrived at the scene they had all disappeared.
I am so sorry to ramble on and hope I haven't bored anyone that reads it but I am just so upset I had to write it all down.
Please Please, let our house sale go through quickly and smoothly!

Our daughter was assaulted last year, on school premises by local kids (not attending her school), she was 15. She got kicked repeated in the head and had lots of her hair ripped out. She is not so terrified these days but was for a long time.

I feel so sad for you, just pack up and go as soon as you can.

If you are heading to the Sunshine Coast I'll buy you a glass of wine when we get there.

I work in lots of secondary schools in London, life can be really scary for the kids.

Your daughter is 14, mine 16, in very few years (god forbid! we could be grandparents) I look at how it has chaged locally in the 20 years since I was a teenager and dread to think how bad it will be by the time my grandchildren are teens.

I am so sorry you, your husband and daughter have had to go through this.

Big hug
Tara

ROBnCAZ Jun 12th 2005 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
I just don't know what to say. I am so overwhelmed by all the replies. I have made my daughter read them and I have some of them out to my husband, and we are all very moved by them. As I said earlier yes we are all strangers but for strangers to take time to send such kind words and wishes begins to restore our faith in human kind.
We are here still in our home at the moment, think we will see how we feel in a few days time though, the police have reassured us that there are always cars nearby and that if we dialled 999 they would be here within minutes, it sounds ok in the light of day but not sure how I will feel tonight. My husband is adamant that we will not be hounded out of our home.
My beautiful brave daughter who has never once answered these bullies back is determined to go to school tomorrow against mine and my husbands wishes, the police have told her that they will be sending an officer into the school tomorrow and she feels that she should hold her head up high and that she has nothing to be ashamed of. I am immensely proud of her way of thinking but think it would just about break my nervous system to drop her off at that place just one more day.
The police have informed us that they have 2 in custody and are looking for one other that is well know to them, but they are the only names they have managed to gain from witnesses so looks like the rest will get away with it.
Once again thank you for your replies, I would love to reply to each and every one individually but just haven't got the energy as I have yet to sleep.

Sharon & Family
xx

CHATTYSHAZZA,

You go girl!!!!

Like we said in a post here this morning, you are BETTER than these people!!!

They WANT to drive you away, that makes them feel big.........they're not big at all!!

Live your lives as normal, hold your heads up high and show them who is the better person (as if they don't already know?)

Me and mine have been here, experienced this kind of behaviour, been in hospital (fractured eye orbits and jaw), moved house (petrified) because of it.....all because I personally decided to put a stop to drug dealing in our flats car park! We paid the price, there was more of them.....they drove us out.....but we still held our heads high to the last! We had the LAST LAUGH as will you guys....

Peace be with you and I'm so sorry you have to go through this crap...almost makes you ashamed to admit to being British. :-(

Feel the love..........................

heading downunder 2002 Jun 12th 2005 6:04 pm

Sharon, I am absolutely disgusted and appalled to hear what has happened to your husband and daughter, no wonder the son is a bully with a father like that.

How about a bit of revenge on your way to the airport, something nasty posted through the letter box or ten ton of manure ordered to arrive on their path as you are taking off at the airport, with the bill going to them of course :D You know what they say "revenge is sweet"

I am sending you some Karma, we are here if you need us, you are all so brave.

Susan :)

angel17796 Jun 12th 2005 6:15 pm

What a disgusting thing to happen. I really hope you and yours can get over this soon. Best wishes to you all and good luck with the house sale.

And&Mez Jun 12th 2005 6:19 pm

OMG. I have read this thread in tears. We have 2 girls 14 and 10, and I just cannot comprehend how you are feeling. Our eldest got bullied for her first 6 weeks at high school and we moved her to be with her friends, but it was nothing compared to what your daughter has gone through. Your hubby was so brave to do what he did, I know mine would have done exactly the same. Our love and best wishes go to all your family keep your chin up and wishing you all a peaceful nights sleep. Take care XXX

ROBnCAZ Jun 12th 2005 6:21 pm

Shaz & Family,

Just read your post again, brought tears to my eyes.........these people need teaching!

Would love to come round to yours tonight with a couple of mates and be in waiting when (and BIG 'if') they come to 'finish' hubby off......please let us, oh, please!

Satisfaction wouldn't even begin to describe it!

Guildford here, Ashford not too far!

I'm serious.......try me!

Take refuge in the fact that the world is 'mostly' populated by good people.....

As a previous poster said, revenge is sweet......unfortunately, the only form of revenge these people understand involves hospitals.....

MrFlibbleUK Jun 12th 2005 6:28 pm

Am sat here shocked!! I dont understand how human being can be like that to each other..like bloody animals! I really hope everything gets sorted out and that you can put all this behind you...I dont really know what else to say except that I hope your luck turns around, your house gets sold quickly and your able to sit on a beach somewhere warm and forget the whole thing.

One thing I would add, in my experience what goes around comes around! I am sure there actions will have consequences maybe not now but they will.

Good Luck

Steve + Mairi

SalSa Jun 12th 2005 7:11 pm

Sending my thoughts, prayers and best wishes to you and your family at this awful time.
xxxx