British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Worst Night Of My Life! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/worst-night-my-life-308148/)

RReed Jun 12th 2005 6:12 am

Re: Worst Night Of My Life!

I am so sorry, I don't know what to say. I am so angry and upset after reading your post - I can't imagine how you must feel.

If I can add something positive based on our experience of oz - my son is 14 and often comments on the lack of violence and bullying in his school over here. I think he had got used to a culture of bullying in the uk. I hope this will reassure your daughter to some extent.

I wish you and your family all the best.

Rachel x

cresta57 Jun 12th 2005 6:16 am

Deepest sympathies from us.
We too had a similar experience which left us wanting to leave U.K for ever.
When I posted, it helped just to get it off my chest and stopped me taking the law into my own hands. Looking back now I wish I had done just that as the judge had more sympathy for the accused than the bloody victim.
I knew as you do that things like this happen all over the world but believe me when you get here it's like an enormous weight is lifted off of you. Things will be different and just knowing that the people who did this are 24 hrs away by plane makes things feel so much better.
Debbie and sean

KatieStar Jun 12th 2005 6:44 am

I am so glad your hubby is ok, I mean well enough to come home and rest up, I am sure he is far from OK.

What a terrible thing to happen. I hope you have been to the police and got these people charged with GBH. I also think you should go and stay with family pref a few miles away, so at least you feel safe for you and your family.

What a terrible thing to happen. I hope your house sale goes through quickly.

ATB Katie

amanda76 Jun 12th 2005 7:24 am

OMG cant imagine what your going through. i hope the police give you all the support you need and deserve. best wishes and try and keep your chin up, i bet your daughter is very upset and traumatised as well - lets hope she doesnt blame herself. you all need lots of hugs
amanda

melibeam Jun 12th 2005 7:29 am

Good luck with the house, hope it all goes through ok. Its disgusting that some people can behave in this deplorable way. Hope your husband and kids and you too will be ok and get to Oz soon.

Love

Mel

gobbyjock Jun 12th 2005 7:43 am

There is absolutely nothing I can say that will make you feel any more less scared or secure, apart from the fact that my thoughts are with you and your family (not much help I know). It makes me sick to the stomach that this sort of scum feel they can actually get away with behaviour (and they probably are arrogant enough to think that they are the ones being wronged) What hope do the kids have when when they see the example of the parents.I really admire your families courage and hope you all feel better soon.

Chris Mitchell Jun 12th 2005 7:46 am

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
Well, if I had any doubts about leaving England, today has finally laid those doubts to rest.

Please Please, let our house sale go through quickly and smoothly!

Hi Shazza,

this is absolutely disgraceful, but I am not surprised at what your hubby found!! Hopefully the father, if you can call him one!! can think of more appropriate names but unprintable!!!, will receive a custodial sentance, how seriously are the police taking the bullying allegations? can you press charges or do you have to wait till they hurt your daughter??

Thinking of you all, stay safe, demand the police install a panic alarm!

Chris

Wave the Sails Jun 12th 2005 7:53 am

Well, if I had any doubts about leaving England, today has finally laid those doubts to rest.
These are personal reasons so please don't feel the need to tell me that this goes on in Australia too, I know this could happen anywhere but it happened to us in England.
It is now 5am and don't think I will be able to sleep until my body gives up later on today.
My daughter has been bullied relentlessly by a group of 14yr old boys at school for just over a year now, mostly name calling but she has also had stones thrown at her and dirty drain water poured over her head and food rubbed into her eyes. The school have tried to intervene and stop them but seem to have their hands tied.
She ventured to the local village Fete today. She phoned me after one hour crying and asking me to come and pick her up, yep the group were there and were up to their usual nasty tricks, name calling, telling other boys that she doesn't even know to go and hit her, and the ring leader rode his bike into her and kicked her. Sadly but understandably her friends do not intervene, because whilst its her they pick on... you know the rest.
My husband came home from his late shift at 8pm and when he heard what had happened decided enough is enough and drove to the ring leaders house to speak to his father, thinking that they would be like us if our son was bullying a girl (horrified :mad: ) WRONG...... They had a house full of rowdy drunk people and rather than discuss it with my husband, the father and around another 10 men + teenage boys jumped on my husband and got him on the ground and proceeded to kick him and kick him and kick him, mostly in the head and whilst they were doing this the teenage boys and other men kicked our car and smashed our car lights.
I have spent 6 hours at the hospital with my husband who is now home and in bed. I cannot look at him without wanting to cry. His face is swollen like a football and black and blue, one eye has completely closed up and he can hardly walk. The doctor could not believe that the xray showed no fractures as he actually has 2 clear stamp marks on his head along with the bruises. I am sure if my husband had been a smaller man I would not have him home with me now and that he would be lying on a slab in a mortuary.
We also came home to messages that they are coming round to finish him off tonight or tomorrow.
Finish him off?? He hasn't even bloody done anything wrong, he just wanted to ask the parents to stop their son bullying our daughter. I just cannot see how total strangers can kick someone that they don't even know in the head repeatedly, how can people feel that hate and aggression for absolutely no reason.
I cannot tell my husband that I don't feel safe going to bed, this would upset him more but these are the kind of people that wont drop it because I called the police. The ring leaders father is now in a police cell charged with G.B.H and C.I.D have said that they will arrest all the others too but I am not so sure as we don't know any of their names or addresses and obviously before the police arrived at the scene they had all disappeared.
I am so sorry to ramble on and hope I haven't bored anyone that reads it but I am just so upset I had to write it all down.

That is horrific :(

So very sorry. Hope your husband makes a speedy recovery and that those unmentionable people get what is coming to them.

Trying to send karma

Jonahs_mummy Jun 12th 2005 7:56 am

Shazza

To concur with everyone else Steve, Jonah, Bubba & I would like to pass on to you all our support. love & friendship. I don't think people like this are aware of the pain they can cause. To be honest, if this is what the father of the bully is like I am not surprised his kid has turned out the way he has. Get away for a couple of weeks and try to put it all behind you.

All our thoughts are with you,

Claire
xxx:)

Rumble Tumble Jun 12th 2005 8:00 am

These are personal reasons so please don't feel the need to tell me that this goes on in Australia too, I know this could happen anywhere but it happened to us in England.
It is now 5am and don't think I will be able to sleep until my body gives up later on today.
My daughter has been bullied relentlessly by a group of 14yr old boys at school for just over a year now, mostly name calling but she has also had stones thrown at her and dirty drain water poured over her head and food rubbed into her eyes. The school have tried to intervene and stop them but seem to have their hands tied.
She ventured to the local village Fete today. She phoned me after one hour crying and asking me to come and pick her up, yep the group were there and were up to their usual nasty tricks, name calling, telling other boys that she doesn't even know to go and hit her, and the ring leader rode his bike into her and kicked her. Sadly but understandably her friends do not intervene, because whilst its her they pick on... you know the rest.
My husband came home from his late shift at 8pm and when he heard what had happened decided enough is enough and drove to the ring leaders house to speak to his father, thinking that they would be like us if our son was bullying a girl (horrified :mad: ) WRONG...... They had a house full of rowdy drunk people and rather than discuss it with my husband, the father and around another 10 men + teenage boys jumped on my husband and got him on the ground and proceeded to kick him and kick him and kick him, mostly in the head and whilst they were doing this the teenage boys and other men kicked our car and smashed our car lights.
I have spent 6 hours at the hospital with my husband who is now home and in bed. I cannot look at him without wanting to cry. His face is swollen like a football and black and blue, one eye has completely closed up and he can hardly walk. The doctor could not believe that the xray showed no fractures as he actually has 2 clear stamp marks on his head along with the bruises. I am sure if my husband had been a smaller man I would not have him home with me now and that he would be lying on a slab in a mortuary.
We also came home to messages that they are coming round to finish him off tonight or tomorrow.
Finish him off?? He hasn't even bloody done anything wrong, he just wanted to ask the parents to stop their son bullying our daughter. I just cannot see how total strangers can kick someone that they don't even know in the head repeatedly, how can people feel that hate and aggression for absolutely no reason.
I cannot tell my husband that I don't feel safe going to bed, this would upset him more but these are the kind of people that wont drop it because I called the police. The ring leaders father is now in a police cell charged with G.B.H and C.I.D have said that they will arrest all the others too but I am not so sure as we don't know any of their names or addresses and obviously before the police arrived at the scene they had all disappeared.
I am so sorry to ramble on and hope I haven't bored anyone that reads it but I am just so upset I had to write it all down.

OMG absolutely bloody disgusting.........just goes to show tho bullying usually starts at home! Thank god your hubby is doing ok. I don't know about how others would feel, but if it were my daughter she certainly would not be going back to that school or very far outa my sight, her safety is paramount. So much for the schools Anti-Bullying policies. Like another poster said can you not move sooner and rent for a while, give power of attorney to a solicitor for the dealings on you house and get outa there and start fresh!! Support 'K' on it's way for what it's worth??

Those bully's should have "Trouble" tattooed on there foreheads, so we know when to cross the road. Or better still ship them all to deserted island so that they can bully each other.......Now there's a reality TV Show in the making lol! Good Luck & stay safe.

fozzie Jun 12th 2005 8:03 am

OMG that is awful I am so sorry that your family have had to deal with something like this.

Our thoughts are with you and wish you all the luck with the house sale and your new life in Austalia.

Michelle

MrsDagboy Jun 12th 2005 8:05 am

Im absolutely gobsmacked, you poor poor things. I agree with everyone else, go & stay somewhere else, I know how unsettling it can be not feeling safe in your own home so find somewhere away from the memories. And please please please, make sure you follow through with the police - scum like that shouldnt be allowed to get away it. As someone else said, its no wonder the child is like he is with a role model like that. :mad:

There really isnt anything much else I can say, but I do hope you all start to feel better soon. Karma on its way.

68MEVY Jun 12th 2005 8:17 am

Oh my God!!
I'm lost for words. There really are some cruel people in the world.
I've got my fingers crossed that you get your house sold soon so you can get over to Oz asap.
Marie

Anne4Terry Jun 12th 2005 8:21 am

Absolutely apalled at reading your story. Needless to say i agree with everyone else and wholeheartedly send you as many good wishes and as much support as I can.

I think the top priority now is to try and make your children feel safe at home, wherever you chose to call home,before leaving and after arriving in Australia. You and your family have had that violated by these b*****ds but that needs to be the first thing to try and redress. It helps to deal with whatever shit life throws at you from outside if you can feel safe at home. Even if it means installing alarms and extra locks to make you all feel safe, then that's ok.

Long term:
Ask your daughter if she is happy to invite her friends round to see her. It must be very difficult for all of them. She must feel disappointed (even if understanding) that haven't helped her. Likewise, they are probably feeling very guilty. But I think it is important for her to have friends, don't let the bullies ruin the relationships she has as well as her self esteem. She must be wondering what is wrong with herself why these people should keep picking on her. I think trying to raise her self esteem has to be all important. The poor girl must be feeling that it is all her fault what has happened to her father. He, on the other hand, must be feeling like such a failure for not protecting his daughter. It is so instinctive for a man to protect his family that I would imagine this will take a while to recover from. I think, as a family, you will need to do a lot or working through all this together. Be open with your feelings. To often I have seen grief tear families apart because they haven't been able to share their emotions and this is a similar situation. Talk together, reassure each other that no-one is too blame and that it hasn't affected how you all feel about each other. Sorry if I am prattling on, I'm sure you already know all these things.

Short term:
Do/go wherever you need to to feel safe. Keep your daughter off school, if that is what she wants. And accept all the love that everyone is sending you. It is sincerely meant. Try not to lose your faith in human good nature, these people are scum.

Anne

Rich and Angie Jun 12th 2005 8:34 am

Hi Sharon

I just wanted to say how sorry I am that you have had to go through such a tremendous ordeal and your daughter must be feeling really low.

I was myself bullied at high school they used to wait for me to walk out of the gates and chase me and punch me till they thought I'd had enough. Eventually after much aggravation from my parents the girls were suspended from school and the ringleader was expelled.

I agree with everyone else's thoughts, please move away from there and don't think you're running away - you are just keeping your family safe.

Our thoughts are with you at this time, send our best wished for a speedy recovery top your hubby and the sonner you have your house sold the better.

Have you got your flights booked?

We wish you and yourfamily all the best for a safe future.
As they say, keep your chin up and stay strong.

Ang, Rich & girls