Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's going to Perth???

Who's going to Perth???

Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:04 pm
Off to Perth in early Oct

youcanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the roughyoucanlaugh is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Who's going to Perth???

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Anyone else?
I arrived in Perth on 7th October and my family arrived on Wednesday 13th. Just picked up our new car today so we can start hitting the suburbs. We are renting in Rockingham for the next 2 weeks (from where we can visit all of the southern suburbs) and then moving North to Scarborough beach (to do the Northern ones). After that we will select the area we liked the best and try to buy somewhere. A lot to do in the next 5 weeks I reckon! Loving it already, although the house has been really cold the last few days what with it being the coldest morning in 11 years and the house overlooking the beach and picking up the howling wind from the ocean. Saying that, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
Old Oct 14th 2005, 3:17 pm
Parent Contr.143

lened is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Who's going to Perth???

Trying to wind us scousers up . Well it didn't work. Pick on someone else
Old Oct 14th 2005, 11:41 pm
Banned

slug is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lened
Trying to wind us scousers up . Well it didn't work. Pick on someone else
Golly, in no form was I trying to offend anyway - just merely stating the facts - people from the Liverpool area do work, I went there for a football match so I know.

Believe me I like scousers - just wouldn't lend you any money.

S
Old Oct 15th 2005, 10:53 am
Just Joined

DAVIES6 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by slug
Perth has far too many scousers for my liking. As I recall pops would only let Liverpudlians work in the gardens. Never let them near them the valuables.

YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW YOUR OWN TRICKS BEST!!!!
Old Oct 15th 2005, 11:13 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by youcanlaugh
I arrived in Perth on 7th October and my family arrived on Wednesday 13th. Just picked up our new car today so we can start hitting the suburbs. We are renting in Rockingham for the next 2 weeks (from where we can visit all of the southern suburbs) and then moving North to Scarborough beach (to do the Northern ones). After that we will select the area we liked the best and try to buy somewhere. A lot to do in the next 5 weeks I reckon! Loving it already, although the house has been really cold the last few days what with it being the coldest morning in 11 years and the house overlooking the beach and picking up the howling wind from the ocean. Saying that, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else!
Sounds exciting....Good luck with it all
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

We're heading for Secret Harbour hopefully next month ( if the house sale goes through smoothly ) . We visited three years ago and fell in love with the place. If anyone is interested there is another site for Perth people ( mainly SOR ) www.emi-great.com , they have regular meet ups and are a friendly bunch.
Donna.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:36 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by STUBBS
We're heading for Secret Harbour hopefully next month ( if the house sale goes through smoothly ) . We visited three years ago and fell in love with the place. If anyone is interested there is another site for Perth people ( mainly SOR ) www.emi-great.com , they have regular meet ups and are a friendly bunch.
Donna.
Thanks for the link. I can do friendly
Old Oct 16th 2005, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

STUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant futureSTUBBS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Thanks for the link. I can do friendly
Hi Anne
Hope you've not forgotten about meeting up with me in Rocky for a coffee when we both get there
Donna xx
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:27 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by STUBBS
Hi Anne
Hope you've not forgotten about meeting up with me in Rocky for a coffee when we both get there
Donna xx
Course I haven't forgotten sweet pea. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Course I haven't forgotten sweet pea. I'm really looking forward to it.
Me Too
Donna xx
Old Oct 18th 2005, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Another lot headed for Perth here . It's all been rather sudden. Hubby was offered a job (within same company) last week and they want us out there by January :scared: . Needless to say, I have no idea where we'll live (although Hillarys & Scarborough look lovely) but it has to be relatively close to CBD as that's where Hubby will be based.

We'll be in Perth for a week at the end of November for a quick reccie, but it seems quite daunting to fit such a lot into such a short time. I'm off for a glass of wine to calm my nerves . Hubby will be working in Oz while I pack up and sell the house, organise the kids and ship the dogs. What is it they say about a woman's work?

Good luck to everyone in the same boat. Hope your move goes well. Maybe see you out there .
Old Oct 18th 2005, 4:57 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Another lot headed for Perth here . It's all been rather sudden. Hubby was offered a job (within same company) last week and they want us out there by January :scared: . Needless to say, I have no idea where we'll live (although Hillarys & Scarborough look lovely) but it has to be relatively close to CBD as that's where Hubby will be based.

We'll be in Perth for a week at the end of November for a quick reccie, but it seems quite daunting to fit such a lot into such a short time. I'm off for a glass of wine to calm my nerves . Hubby will be working in Oz while I pack up and sell the house, organise the kids and ship the dogs. What is it they say about a woman's work?

Good luck to everyone in the same boat. Hope your move goes well. Maybe see you out there .
That seems to have took you all by surprise . Have you known about it long?

Have you always wanted to emigrate or have you no choice, because of you hubby's job?

Good luck anyway, and if you need any help with it all, just ask
Old Oct 18th 2005, 5:41 pm
AJ100

AJ100 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by timk
Heading to the Northern suburbs of Perth, I have a sister there who emigrated 15 years ago.

Hope to be out there for late September, this all dependant on house sale completing, this is the single most frustrating and anxious part of the whole move. Selling the house, makes the visa process look easy.

I think Perth has the right balance of size, facilities and ambience that will suit our needs. I am tired of the rat race and look forward to a more layed back life.

Tim
we are off to perth in august, had a look round but prefer the north of the river hilarys and sorrento down to carine. hope to rent first, and give us time to find the right place and area.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
That seems to have took you all by surprise . Have you known about it long?

Have you always wanted to emigrate or have you no choice, because of you hubby's job?

Good luck anyway, and if you need any help with it all, just ask
In total we've known for 3 weeks . It's a mixture of everything really, wanting to, job offering the opportunity etc. It's all very exciting - the timescale is a bit worrying though, I'm not the most organised person in the world .

Thanks for the offer of help - it's much appreciated. Whereabouts in Perth are you? I'm still trying to learn the geography .
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
In total we've known for 3 weeks . It's a mixture of everything really, wanting to, job offering the opportunity etc. It's all very exciting - the timescale is a bit worrying though, I'm not the most organised person in the world .

Thanks for the offer of help - it's much appreciated. Whereabouts in Perth are you? I'm still trying to learn the geography .
I'm still in U.K (North-East) Hoping to be out there by May next year. Am nearly at the point were I will be sending off my visa, so Have basically done everything I need to in the application process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.