Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who's going to Perth???

Who's going to Perth???

Old Jul 7th 2005, 4:32 am
Gone surfin'

Soi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant futureSoi Oz has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who's going to Perth???

Yikes, we're being invaded! At least you're all moving to Rockingham and Mandurah.... soon we'll start construction of that fence
Old Jul 7th 2005, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

For those of you on intending to settle in Pert, and looking for short term accommodaton, try us at
www.northperthrentals.com

You can stay for as long or as little as you like. We have a few weeks left for this yera, and are already fillibng up for next.
Good luck to all of you.
Old Jul 8th 2005, 9:34 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
For those of you on intending to settle in Pert, and looking for short term accommodaton, try us at
www.northperthrentals.com

You can stay for as long or as little as you like. We have a few weeks left for this yera, and are already fillibng up for next.
Good luck to all of you.
Thanks

BTW have you been drinking? LOL!
Old Jul 8th 2005, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all

Hi gang,

I,ll jump on this thread i hav,nt been on expats much recently so i,ve missed this thead ( house sale fell through so could,nt be bothered).

We are drawn SOR we spent a little time that way last year and the area we are thinking of is Secret harbour.

We were hoping to be there around Aug/sep but at the mo i don,t know whats happening.We have a viewer for the house tomorrow so fingers crossed.

dave
Old Sep 8th 2005, 4:27 pm

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Bump
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:15 pm
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

We are Dont know where yet still got the main visa to get!!
Hopefully spring time next year!!

Kris and Rob
Old Sep 8th 2005, 5:18 pm

Congrats on passing the TRA
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
Just wondering out of everyone who has received/in the process of applying for their visas, how many of you are planning to go to Perth....and which suburb? and why?
Just thought I would see if there are any new people going.....
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:20 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Who's going to Perth???

Just wondering out of everyone who has received/in the process of applying for their visas, how many of you are planning to go to Perth....and which suburb? and why?

Hi

Did you register yourself with WA nursing or does amigration agent to it for you ? If yourself do you have to wait for Aussie Visa details ?

Dave/Wendy
Oldham

Perth - 18 months -At momment Carramar/Jundaloop hopefully
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:28 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by worzel
I am totally open-minded and given that I tend to work on industrial estates etc I am quite prepared to be south. It's just that as we haven't been to Perth before we are inclined to play "safe" and go with the majority to start with. But if I get a job SOR there are some nice areas and Fremantle / Rockingham look just as nice. We will just have to play it by ear.
This is just my opinion but i don't think you can compare Rockingham to Fremantle. I live in Rockingham and think it is industrial, ugly, has no character, is filled with fast food restuarants, Pawn Broker's and Second hand shop's selling stuff fit the rubbish bin and is also the burglary capital of WA . Fremantle on the other hand has some lovely buildings, good public transport links, beautiful views from the river and ocean, tasteful shops, cafes and restaurants and generally has more life there .
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by Emzee
This is just my opinion but i don't think you can compare Rockingham to Fremantle. I live in Rockingham and think it is industrial, ugly, has no character, is filled with fast food restuarants, Pawn Broker's and Second hand shop's selling stuff fit the rubbish bin and is also the burglary capital of WA . Fremantle on the other hand has some lovely buildings, good public transport links, beautiful views from the river and ocean, tasteful shops, cafes and restaurants and generally has more life there .
I don't think Worzel was comparing them he was just saying that he would either like to live in Rockingham or Fremantle.

Just my thoughts...
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:43 am

Also, I started this thread as I was interested in who was heading to perth, and where people were going or had already gone.

I would appreciate it if it wasn't turned into a 'slagging off Perth thread' like a lot of the others...

Thanks
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:46 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future

I don't think Worzel was comparing them he was just saying that he would either like to live in Rockingham or Fremantle.

Just my thoughts...
Sorry i think i may have phrased that wrong, it is just the two places are so different to each other
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by mindblower
Hi

Did you register yourself with WA nursing or does amigration agent to it for you ? If yourself do you have to wait for Aussie Visa details ?

Dave/Wendy
Oldham

Perth - 18 months -At momment Carramar/Jundaloop hopefully
I didn't use an immigration Agent (like a lot of other nurses), as I didn't feel that I needed one. If you know the correct order to do things, the application is quite straight forward.

If you do it yourself, you don't need to wait for Aussie Visa details, as you apply for WA NB before you apply for the visa.

If you would like any advice, PM me

P.S we would like to live in the Joondalup area too. It's lovely there
Old Sep 30th 2005, 11:52 am
Back in Uk and loving it

Also, I started this thread as I was interested in who was heading to perth, and where people were going or had already gone.

I would appreciate it if it wasn't turned into a 'slagging off Perth thread' like a lot of the others...

Thanks
I am not slagging of Perth. I am just stating my opinion of Rockingham and as Worzel has never been to WA and is playing it by ear, i thought he may be interested in the thoughts of people who live in those areas.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.