Reload this Page >

Who will you support?

Who will you support?

Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

cam the man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Who will you support?

Just a thought.

When you finally get there - or are there - when England (or Scotland) play the Aussies at Rugby or football or rugby or for the ashes will you be changing to support the Aussies or Engerland?
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

If it is England verses the Aussies then definitely England. If it is the Aussie verses anyone else then Aussies of course!
Old Sep 7th 2003, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Location: lincolnshire South of Perth by end of October 03 Please
crabtree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Who will you support?

Originally posted by cam the man
Just a thought.

When you finally get there - or are there - when England (or Scotland) play the Aussies at Rugby or football or rugby or for the ashes will you be changing to support the Aussies or Engerland?
I recon it would depend on who is winning at the time.

Tony C
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:15 pm

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I supported England through the last world cup and got so much grief from the locals (who can't even qualify) that I am determined to support the 3 lions.

No matter how much we lose at least we have pride, dignity and honour in loss. Rarely do Aussies praise the opposition for a good game when they lose. I have heard the ref blamed countless times.

Aussies are very sore losers and do not deserve our support.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:24 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be supporting the mighty Boks & anyone playing England or Australia. England v Australia, I'd go for England (although it hurts to say it!), I could never support the cheating Wallabies. I think NZ are going to win it, I have no problem with that, they are a great team with honour & tradition, unlike the Wallabies.
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:29 pm

Originally posted by Amazulu
I'll be supporting the mighty Boks & anyone playing England or Australia. England v Australia, I'd go for England (although it hurts to say it!), I could never support the cheating Wallabies. I think NZ are going to win it, I have no problem with that, they are a great team with honour & tradition, unlike the Wallabies.
Do you think South Africa have been coming out of their last few games with honour?
Old Sep 7th 2003, 10:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
Do you think South Africa have been coming out of their last few games with honour?
Probably not, but the home game against Australia & the game against NZ in Duniedin had the Boks playing with honour & passion. I don't like the Wallabies, in Gregan they have their worst captain ever, constantly moaning & trying to influence the ref, gone are the great captains like Farr-Jones & Lyngan. In players like Owen Finnigan, they have their cynical & cheating side. Their coach, Eddie Jones is the worst they have ever had (& also talks the most crap). I can't stand them.
Old Sep 8th 2003, 8:36 am
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who will you support?

It will have to be ENGLAND.

Could never support another country at any sporting event.

The girlfriends family can give me all the stick they like but I wont change.

TT

Originally posted by cam the man
Just a thought.

Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

bussie is on a distinguished road

Australia for me
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Bladesman is an unknown quantity at this point

As an englishman living in NZ it has to be Wales for me??
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:33 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

England of course !!

And anyone playing Australia, cos it winds the wife up a treat
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:36 am

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bondipom
I supported England through the last world cup and got so much grief from the locals (who can't even qualify) that I am determined to support the 3 lions.

No matter how much we lose at least we have pride, dignity and honour in loss. Rarely do Aussies praise the opposition for a good game when they lose. I have heard the ref blamed countless times.

Aussies are very sore losers and do not deserve our support.

oh dear...can women join in this discussion? Have to say my experience of the Aussies losing was completely different! I was in Sydney at a party 8 years ago just after England beat Australia in the rugby, and found people very interested to hear I was from the Uk and they all said how good a game it was - no pommie bashing at all! one guy even shook hands with me a said 'good game - well done'
Perhaps I missed something?

sue
Old Sep 8th 2003, 11:42 am
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Originally posted by tiredwithtwins
oh dear...can women join in this discussion? Have to say my experience of the Aussies losing was completely different! I was in Sydney at a party 8 years ago just after England beat Australia in the rugby, and found people very interested to hear I was from the Uk and they all said how good a game it was - no pommie bashing at all! one guy even shook hands with me a said 'good game - well done'
Perhaps I missed something?

sue
Every aussie i've met has been a bit of a poor looser when it comes to sport.

I was up at an aussie mates (wifes mates hubby actually) house (in durham uk) for a weekend a year or so ago, when the commonwealth games was on. Jesus did he constantly rub it in about how well they were doing, and how crap at sport england was. Really pissed me off lol. Guess i was the bad looser that time! If he had kept on much more i might have done somthing that could uncur the wifes wrath!
Maybe its more that aussies are poor winners?
Old Sep 8th 2003, 12:36 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute

Got to agree with you there PeteY

The Aussies I have met have been very bad loosers.

When they are winning you cant shut them up and when they loose you cant get anything out of them and they change subjects very quickly.

Now we just need to learn to win at the cricket and I will be very happy.

TT

Originally posted by PeteY
Every aussie i've met has been a bit of a poor looser when it comes to sport.

I was up at an aussie mates (wifes mates hubby actually) house (in durham uk) for a weekend a year or so ago, when the commonwealth games was on. Jesus did he constantly rub it in about how well they were doing, and how crap at sport england was. Really pissed me off lol. Guess i was the bad looser that time! If he had kept on much more i might have done somthing that could uncur the wifes wrath!
Maybe its more that aussies are poor winners?
Old Sep 8th 2003, 10:04 pm

You notice the poor loser mentality in the media. If the Aussies win at netball it has top billing sports item even if they lost at Rugby. Who gives a monkeys about netball?

As far as the world athletics championships go I think the only event was the 400m hurdles because an Aussie won it. There isn't much hype about the rugby world cup because shock horror they might not win. They are still smarting from losses to the All Blacks and England.

Aussies will taunt you whenever England lose (even at netball) so do not support the yellow and green.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.