Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who will you support?

Who will you support?

Old Sep 8th 2003, 10:39 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

It's a tough one as we have one more to add to the equation. Well were the cricket is concerned. You see hubby is Sri Lankan so do we support England, Sri Lanka or Australia?

Not sure will wait and see

Jo
Old Sep 9th 2003, 3:20 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Re: Who will you support?

Originally posted by cam the man
Just a thought.

When you finally get there - or are there - when England (or Scotland) play the Aussies at Rugby or football or rugby or for the ashes will you be changing to support the Aussies or Engerland?
I support anyone who plays against the Aussies (even England... "uch tooch" cold shiver just ran down my spine ). If the Aussies win, they brag about it for weeks , months on end.. it's sick making "aren't we the best ever"

If they lose... boy do they whinge, it was the ref's fault , the other side was dirty blah and blah.

I always support Wales win or lose (plenty of practice on that one"lose") , but I will support any team who beats those wallabies in the cup.. Come on Romania, come on Ireland .. knock them out of the cup before the quarters.. lol now that would be funny.

Gawd I'll even support France.. lol

Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2003, 4:55 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

I have thought about supporting whoever plays the Aussies for the reasons you have outlined. That would be stooping to their level. I have always supported England or the underdog as it is more fun than going for the probable winner. That will probably mean supporting whoever is playing Aussie.

I believe it is a lack of self confidence as a nation that creates the annoying sporting attitude the Aussies have.

I refuse to lower myself to their level and will keep my snooty colonial superiority. It irritates them far more.

Another good wind up is telling them Australia is still a British province.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 10:24 am
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

My plan for the world cup is easy. I will support 2 teams.

I will support SCOTLAND during the group stages. i.e. they will not get through the group stages.
After that I will support whoever is playing against ENGLAND.....

Being a Scot this is the only proper thing to do.

REGDS :=))

Ken
Old Sep 9th 2003, 10:31 am

There would be no satisfaction in beating a nothing country like Scotland except that for the scottish fans beating England is far more important than qualifying for anything. When we beat you it is because we are on our way somewhere.

Supporting whoever is playing England is done by people who have an inferiority complex about their nation. It isn't surprising coming from our colonies.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

Kenand Nel is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
There would be no satisfaction in beating a nothing country like Scotland except that for the scottish fans beating England is far more important than qualifying for anything. When we beat you it is because we are on our way somewhere.

Supporting whoever is playing England is done by people who have an inferiority complex about their nation. It isn't surprising coming from our colonies.
Just love it !!

Taking joy in constant failure is a natural Scottish trait. Knowing that you are the underdog does not deminish our spirit as we know that one day we will have our day.. The problem is that day seems a long way off on the rugby pitch. I have seen 2 Scottish Grand Slams but now no longer go to internationals because we are so poor.

Having read some of what others have said about the Ausies being poor loosers I can only say that what was being described sounded like my experince of the English sporting fans.

As for a prediction - there is only one team that can beat England...

England.

Inferior - Possibly,
Colony - Never

Ken.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 9:47 pm

The English are the last people to think that they are going to conquer the world in sport. We just think that we are highly likely to beat Scotland. Even the hooligans go off whethwe we win or lose. I think the Scots have a big chip on their shoulders.

Scotland and Australia are still colonies. Scotland is because it would be nothing without the English and Australia is because even some republicans would rather the Queen over the system devised by the polys here at the last referendum.

Australia will go Republic but it is a matter of devising a system that the public trusts.

In the mean time I can enjoy winding Aussies up by declaring NSW a British Province.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 10:27 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

Scotland and Australia are still colonies.
Actually no, niether are colonies..... Last time I checked Scotland was part of the United Kingdom and has never been a colony, and Australia was a country with its own government. Australia IS currently part of the commonwealth, but its NOT a colony.

There are only 13 colonies left....none of which bear particular importance in world terms.
Old Sep 9th 2003, 10:28 pm

Winds people up more when you tell them it is.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 1:46 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

so you're last admitting that England is a colony of Germanic breeds. Thank christ for that.. at least you're honest for a Twll dîn pob Sais.

cheers
from another "nothing" country .. you ought to remember who the true Britons are.

ahh that's better .. lol
Dim Coloneiddo
Attached Thumbnails Who will you support?-dragon-2000-lq.jpg  

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 10th 2003 at 1:52 am.
Old Sep 10th 2003, 3:41 am

Looks like a welshman's wet dream. Shame for you about the last load of Rugby results.

About the Germans

2 world wars, 1 world cup and 1-5.

What was the result of the last Welsh football match?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:01 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Looks like a welshman's wet dream. Shame for you about the last load of Rugby results.

About the Germans

2 world wars, 1 world cup and 1-5.

What was the result of the last Welsh football match?
ohh so the English won two world wars did they (never mind the Irish, welsh and scots.. we did not fight did we?) .. lol go back to world war one .. who was prime minister for a time? lol

you are so easy.

I love it.

As for football.. not my game sorry
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:28 am

You didn't win any world cups for England.

How was the leek harvest this year?
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:38 am

Lloegr am byth
Old Sep 10th 2003, 4:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

who's winding up who now? lol, take back what you sow.. lol

coc oen (lambs you know what.. in other words little dick head)

good luck

P,s what are you trying to say .. lol sorry I'm laughing..lloegr.. lol Please enlighten me.. lol... This I've got to hear.. lol Please.. lol

Last edited by Ceri; Sep 10th 2003 at 5:02 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.