Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:06 am
Just Joined

Codify is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by tawkins1
OMG!!!! We accepted an offer on our house today
£40k below what it was valued at 16 months ago but the way the market is at the moment it was probably the best we were gonna get. OH out of work at the min so its just dead money staying here. Hopefully we'll beable to save a bit up b4 we move over
Just hope it all goes thru now.
Well down, fantastic news!
Old Jun 25th 2009, 1:20 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by Codify
Well down, fantastic news!
Thanks! My sold sign looks lovely
Old Jun 25th 2009, 4:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Thanks! My sold sign looks lovely
mine hasn't gone up yet
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:03 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

GOT A VIEWER TOMORROW AT 2!!!!!

EA said they live just up the road but there hasn't been any sold signs in our road for months so I hope they're not just time wasters

Wish me luck & going off to clean clean clean!!!!
This post was one I did on 3/9/08! We have now sold to these viewers & they wanna exchange & complete next Friday & move in next Sat! Can't believe we've had to say "NO" cos its not physically possible to get the shippers in & get sorted........... OMG i'm starting to panic!!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Katmac has a spectacular aura aboutKatmac has a spectacular aura aboutKatmac has a spectacular aura about

Congratulations to those who have sold you must be so excited.
We returned from our validation trip i managed to find work but OH just run out of time.
We are still living with my parents and still renting our bungalow out. Managing to save a little and pay off a lot which is good .We have now decided to wait til after christmas and put back on the market.
We have had 3 silly offers without the property being viewed
So at least things are picking up..
Good luck those on their way to OZ ...
Old Jul 27th 2009, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

This post was one I did on 3/9/08! We have now sold to these viewers & they wanna exchange & complete next Friday & move in next Sat! Can't believe we've had to say "NO" cos its not physically possible to get the shippers in & get sorted........... OMG i'm starting to panic!!!!!
That's FANTASTIC news!
Realistically, how soon can you get it sorted?
I am sooo excited for you!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:22 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by charlie-k
That's FANTASTIC news!
Realistically, how soon can you get it sorted?
I am sooo excited for you!
Shippers need min 2 weeks notice... We obviously wont send anything till we've exchanged contract but as soon as we get a date we can start making arrangements. Solicitors still haven't come back with another date yet so everything is still on hold...
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Shippers need min 2 weeks notice... We obviously wont send anything till we've exchanged contract but as soon as we get a date we can start making arrangements. Solicitors still haven't come back with another date yet so everything is still on hold...
Well I wish you the very best of luck! Hope it goes smoothly.

Which shipping company are you thinking of using?
I've had quotes from Crown 20ft container sole use 3.900 GBP
PSS - 3.400 GBP (sole use) and John Mason - 2.400 GBP (shared container)
Old Jul 27th 2009, 6:32 pm
Living the dream

Well I wish you the very best of luck! Hope it goes smoothly.

Which shipping company are you thinking of using?
I've had quotes from Crown 20ft container sole use 3.900 GBP
PSS - 3.400 GBP (sole use) and John Mason - 2.400 GBP (shared container)
We are hoping to use Crown £3585 for 20ft sole use we managed to get them down too. Rang them today & they said they were booked up but would ring us back in the morning... If not we'll probably use John Mason who quoted £3100 but didn't include all the inspection & customs charges.....

EA rang today to say our buyers were going in to sign tomorrow & we'll probably be signing on Friday! Aaarrrrggghhhh........
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are hoping to use Crown £3585 for 20ft sole use we managed to get them down too. Rang them today & they said they were booked up but would ring us back in the morning... If not we'll probably use John Mason who quoted £3100 but didn't include all the inspection & customs charges.....

EA rang today to say our buyers were going in to sign tomorrow & we'll probably be signing on Friday! Aaarrrrggghhhh........
They may have quoted us high because they expect us to ask them to drop their price I will give them a ring in the morning.
I bet you're on the ceiling aren't you?!
Good Luck!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 8:05 pm
Living the dream

They may have quoted us high because they expect us to ask them to drop their price I will give them a ring in the morning.
I bet you're on the ceiling aren't you?!
Good Luck!
I dont think it has really sunk in yet i'm surprisingly calm.

Hope everything goes well for you. We managed to get Crown down by £400 just by saying our other quotes were cheaper by that amount. We probably could have got them down more if we had tried. Goodluck
Old Jul 28th 2009, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

I dont think it has really sunk in yet i'm surprisingly calm.

Hope everything goes well for you. We managed to get Crown down by £400 just by saying our other quotes were cheaper by that amount. We probably could have got them down more if we had tried. Goodluck
Thanks for your good wishes. I hope I'm as calm when it's out turn. It won't be long as the house sale is going through quite smoothly and we have had our visas since last August.

Keep us posted on your journey to your new life.
Old Jul 30th 2009, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Location: Kent, United Kingdom, now North West Sydney, Hills district and now Hawkesbury.
MELANIE6 will become famous soon enough

Hi there,

I don't know if this will be of any help but it worked for us.

We sold our house in the UK by giving 5K in cash at settlement. We had an offer in three days, and upon completion, 5K was given to them from our settlement money by the solicitor.

Some buyers sees this as a real bonus because it gives them spare money they might not have had otherwise to buy things like paint/curtains/moving costs etc.,

Try it, you have nothing to lose - but change estate agents and get a fresh approach, new photos as well. they might have different people to view it they might not have seen it on the other agents lists.

Good luck and hope it all works out for you soon.

Melanie
Old Jul 30th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MELANIE6
Hi there,

I don't know if this will be of any help but it worked for us.

We sold our house in the UK by giving 5K in cash at settlement. We had an offer in three days, and upon completion, 5K was given to them from our settlement money by the solicitor.

Some buyers sees this as a real bonus because it gives them spare money they might not have had otherwise to buy things like paint/curtains/moving costs etc.,

Try it, you have nothing to lose - but change estate agents and get a fresh approach, new photos as well. they might have different people to view it they might not have seen it on the other agents lists.

Good luck and hope it all works out for you soon.

Melanie
What a great idea!
Let's hope it works for others.
Thanks for sharing.
Old Jul 31st 2009, 7:56 am
Living the dream

Thanks for your good wishes. I hope I'm as calm when it's out turn. It won't be long as the house sale is going through quite smoothly and we have had our visas since last August.

Keep us posted on your journey to your new life.
Hopefully not long then now Our packers are now booked for next Tues/Wed & we are looking at booking flights for the end of Sept as our container will arrive in Oz on 10th October We got our visa's Feb 08 so I know what its like having to wait for your house to sell... Its worse than waiting for your visa grant isn't it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.