Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:55 am
Just Joined

nicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant futurenicky1969 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Seems this housing crash is affecting quite a few of our plans to emigrate
Looked for return flights for the 6 of us and so far the cheapest I can find is £4,500 (with Travelbag).......plus we will need money for hotel/car hire/food/spending money plus more.
Probably going to cost us around £8,000+ just to validate
Beth x x
Hi guys, we got our visa grant in July 08, and did a reccie in december to validate the visa, dont want to give you false impression but it cost us 10k for a family of four, admit we travelled in peak . now were in exactly same situation house on market in jan 09 but still nothing, was hoping to be out by end of year,,,, waiting in anticipation
Old Jun 14th 2009, 5:21 pm
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

How about cutting the asking price to a realistic level, not the one that the Agent is hoping to creme off?

Then you can get on with your life.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 6:05 pm
Forum Regular

Great Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the roughGreat Escape is a jewel in the rough

Hi everyone. I guess I'm not surprised this thread is still going. I haven't written to it for such a long time as wer'e still on the market (14 months now) waiting for the house to sell. We've dropped the price twice now (dropped by a total of £50,000!!) and changed estate agents, but still nothing. It's really getting us down.

We've had our visa since July 07 and took our validation trip earlier this year. I guess if nothing happens over the summer, we'll have to look at the rental option. We'd rather make a clean break from the UK with as much cash behind us as possible, but we're both sick of life in limbo. So, perhaps it's time to take the bull by the horns and get on with things!

Lets hope the summer brings some buyers for us all!
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:07 pm
Banned

danjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nicedanjones1 is just really nice

Has it not occurred to you that people are unwilling to pay the stupidly high prices in the UK housing market at the moment.

On average it is still 6x to salary!

If no one is biting then perhaps lowering the price until they do then you can move on with your life.
Old Jun 14th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

rosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nicerosebee is just really nice

Originally Posted by danjones1
Has it not occurred to you that people are unwilling to pay the stupidly high prices in the UK housing market at the moment.

If no one is biting then perhaps lowering the price until they do then you can move on with your life.
Dan, if I was you I would go back and read this post from the beginning and that way you will be able to give a realistic post. The people who have been posting here know all the about the housing market in their areas and most of them have dropped the prices of their homes more than once .
Old Jun 14th 2009, 10:47 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Well said hun
Beth x x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 12:54 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

How about cutting the asking price to a realistic level, not the one that the Agent is hoping to creme off?

how about butting out....try reading the whole thread!!!!!!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Don't feed the trolls people, they have nothing better to do with there time!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Well said hun
Beth x x
OOh er missus! lol

I haven't been on here for AGES! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves and that you're happy. ( My friend is in Little Mountain - absolutely loves it!)

Well, to keep you all posted:
We have had 6 viewings in the last few weeks after 12 months of nothing!
One couple said " we know you've reduced the house price by 40K but would you drop a further 15K?"
Another offered 10K less and another, 20K less! Duh! If we keep dropping the price we will have so little money to move with that it won't be worth moving at all.
We had a few time wasters and one couple who REALLY loved the house. They have a little terraced house to sell and it has been on the market 2 weeks - so here's hoping.

Good luck to everyone else. It does seem as though the market is improving.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:10 pm
Banned

Why should I butt out? This is a open forum.

Just giving some realistic advice to sellers who are obviously in denial over inflated house prices!

p.s. when I travelled around WA I found Bunbury hell on earth, you must have moved from a very deprived area of the UK!
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

Just giving some realistic advice to sellers who are obviously in denial over inflated house prices!

p.s. when I travelled around WA I found Bunbury hell on earth, you must have moved from a very deprived area of the UK!
your such a nice person bet you have stacks of friends
an open forum.....for usefull helpfull positive comments.
realistic advice....not when you dont know everyones individual situaltions - who said their house prices were over inflated?
and worcestershire - 5 bedroomed house, 4 reception rooms, 4 loos and a hot tub, yep deprived!

lets try to be nice shall we
Old Jun 15th 2009, 3:57 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It may well be an open forum, but we do still have rules. One of those is that we expect people to be understanding of the views of others. BE is here as a support network for people moving abroad. If you cannot help with that support I suggest you find a different forum.
Old Jun 15th 2009, 7:32 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Our viewers have been & gone!!!
They said they were "pleasantly surprised" at how nice & big the house was (patronising swines) then went on to say they were looking at spending more like £500k so why view a house thats on the the market for £185k?????
Old Jun 15th 2009, 9:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

bloody nosey that's why - you could kill them couldn't you!
x
Old Jun 15th 2009, 11:58 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by charlie-k
OOh er missus! lol

I haven't been on here for AGES! Glad to hear you are enjoying yourselves and that you're happy. ( My friend is in Little Mountain - absolutely loves it!)

Well, to keep you all posted:
We have had 6 viewings in the last few weeks after 12 months of nothing!
One couple said " we know you've reduced the house price by 40K but would you drop a further 15K?"
Another offered 10K less and another, 20K less! Duh! If we keep dropping the price we will have so little money to move with that it won't be worth moving at all.
We had a few time wasters and one couple who REALLY loved the house. They have a little terraced house to sell and it has been on the market 2 weeks - so here's hoping.

Good luck to everyone else. It does seem as though the market is improving.
Cool We love Little Mountain too
Beth x x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.