Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Jul 31st 2009, 10:04 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by tawkins1
Hopefully not long then now Our packers are now booked for next Tues/Wed & we are looking at booking flights for the end of Sept as our container will arrive in Oz on 10th October We got our visa's Feb 08 so I know what its like having to wait for your house to sell... Its worse than waiting for your visa grant isn't it...
Ooh, I'll be thinking about you next week!!!!

Too right - it IS worse than waiting for Visa grant. We're never satisfied are we?
Keep in touch.
x
Old Jul 31st 2009, 8:01 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Ooh, I'll be thinking about you next week!!!!

Too right - it IS worse than waiting for Visa grant. We're never satisfied are we?
Keep in touch.
x
WE'VE HAD TO CANCEL OUR CONTAINER!

Our buyers buyer has decided to get another mortgage offer on Monday instead of signing the contracts! Dont know what they are playing at but dont wanna risk sending everything over b4 the contracts are signed as it doesn't sound good... Looks like its gonna be the end of Oct now We'll get there eventually x
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:07 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Our buyers buyer has decided to get another mortgage offer on Monday instead of signing the contracts! Dont know what they are playing at but dont wanna risk sending everything over b4 the contracts are signed as it doesn't sound good... Looks like its gonna be the end of Oct now We'll get there eventually x
I'm sorry to hear that. I know how pleased you were to have a buyer. I hope they sort themselves out. for you
Old Aug 1st 2009, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Oh hun, the same thing happened to us. On the day of exchange we were waiting for the call to say it had ll been done and instead we got a call to say the buyer had found a better mortgage deal and was applying for that. We had to start the whole process all over again, surveys etc... However in the end we did sell the house to them. Don't lose the faith just try and hurry this next mortgage through - reuse the survey etc. Good luck, I really feel for you as I know how all your plans are now in total disarray.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:08 am
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Oh hun, the same thing happened to us. On the day of exchange we were waiting for the call to say it had ll been done and instead we got a call to say the buyer had found a better mortgage deal and was applying for that. We had to start the whole process all over again, surveys etc... However in the end we did sell the house to them. Don't lose the faith just try and hurry this next mortgage through - reuse the survey etc. Good luck, I really feel for you as I know how all your plans are now in total disarray.
Totally agree with FA. She went through a horrible time waiting to exchange BUT she's out there now!

It's a bummer and I hope everything comes good for you.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 1:13 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I think you're right. It's a very temporary hiccup. In the last few weeks the banks and building societies have been increasing their lending so there's more competitive deals about.
Old Aug 1st 2009, 8:35 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paulry
I think you're right. It's a very temporary hiccup. In the last few weeks the banks and building societies have been increasing their lending so there's more competitive deals about.
Yeh very true. Thanks everyone, TBH i'm much calmer today knowing that its not so much of a rush to get everything ready by Tuesday..... Just hope we still have a buyer by the end of it all
Old Aug 1st 2009, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

I'm soooo sorry to hear that! I think that I was getting as excited about it as you!

As the other posters have said - it's not the end of the world.
You do sound very upbeat about it which is good. I always say, there's no point in stressing about things that you can't change. If the buyers buyer is going to the trouble of changing Mortgage lender then they must still be serious about buying.
Good Luck!!
Old Aug 6th 2009, 3:22 pm
Living the dream

WE'VE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS!
We called Crown to rebook our container but they can't fit us in now till Sept so we're looking at using John Masons now..
Old Aug 6th 2009, 5:14 pm
Banned

We called Crown to rebook our container but they can't fit us in now till Sept so we're looking at using John Masons now..
That's great news! There's no stopping you now!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

I'm so pleased for you!!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 10:56 am
BE Enthusiast

fabulous news!!!!!!!

I hope we haven't knicked your slot?! Crown are coming to us on the 27th August. John Mason seem to have a good reputation.

We haven't exchanged contracts yet but the new owners want to be in by 30th August. Just one problem - we have nowhere to go! Landlords don't want to have short term tennants in their properties and we can't move until october so need somewhere to live for a couple of months

Good Luck - all my very best. Enjoy the journey!!!!!!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2009, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by charlie-k
fabulous news!!!!!!!

I hope we haven't knicked your slot?! Crown are coming to us on the 27th August. John Mason seem to have a good reputation.

We haven't exchanged contracts yet but the new owners want to be in by 30th August. Just one problem - we have nowhere to go! Landlords don't want to have short term tennants in their properties and we can't move until october so need somewhere to live for a couple of months

Good Luck - all my very best. Enjoy the journey!!!!!!!!!
We have crown coming on the 26/08 and complete on the 1/9. Flying to Melbourne on the 9/9 .
Old Aug 7th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blackbag
We have crown coming on the 26/08 and complete on the 1/9. Flying to Melbourne on the 9/9 .
ooh great. Are you as disorganised as me??
Old Aug 8th 2009, 8:23 am
Living the dream

Originally Posted by blackbag
Oh fantastic..... Goodluck x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.