Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:04 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by charlie-k
fabulous news!!!!!!!

I hope we haven't knicked your slot?! Crown are coming to us on the 27th August. John Mason seem to have a good reputation.

We haven't exchanged contracts yet but the new owners want to be in by 30th August. Just one problem - we have nowhere to go! Landlords don't want to have short term tennants in their properties and we can't move until october so need somewhere to live for a couple of months

Good Luck - all my very best. Enjoy the journey!!!!!!!!!
I'm sensing that the property market has turned the corner. Looking at the local papers around my way all the "bargains" have now been sold. I interpret that to mean that those of us who have sold are in a stronger position to complete the sale on our terms. Of course it's dependant on your particular situation but you might want to consider telling your buyer (in a very careful and diplomatic way) that you will complete on the date that best suits you. It will be easier for the buyer to delay their move by a month or so than it will be for you to struggle and stress to find temporary accomodation.

Good luck
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:46 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who else is going to have to validate their visas due to house not selling?

Originally Posted by tawkins1
WE'VE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS!
We called Crown to rebook our container but they can't fit us in now till Sept so we're looking at using John Masons now..
Just booked our one way ticket to Oz!!!! 20th Oct 11.55 am from heathrow on the A380...... Just reserved our seats for the upper deck too...... OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

Goodluck everyone who is waiting to sell the property market has def picked up... Our house was on the market 16 months with only 5 viewers... Our buyer viewed last Sept & made us an offer back in June Dont give up hope it will happen
Old Aug 9th 2009, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

thats fantastic news.... who are you flying with... we have looked at flights for around that time and they seem to be coming up quite expensive....

we too have just completed on the house and are looking to go as soon as we have the visa....
Old Aug 9th 2009, 2:18 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
thats fantastic news.... who are you flying with... we have looked at flights for around that time and they seem to be coming up quite expensive....

we too have just completed on the house and are looking to go as soon as we have the visa....
Singapore airlines... Really we would have been better flying from Manchester as we are in Lancashire but it was £600 cheaper to fly from Heathrow.... Luckily we have nice people who have offered to take us
Old Aug 9th 2009, 3:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Doing the happy dance Tawkins!! Great news!! There's only Mozzy from the old WPHS crew to get exchanged now...
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:11 pm
Living the dream

Originally Posted by Fly Away
Doing the happy dance Tawkins!! Great news!! There's only Mozzy from the old WPHS crew to get exchanged now...
Oh yeh!!! It doesn't feel like its happening to ME tho!!!! Has Mozzy sold now? The market is definatley moving Just hope my mum & dad can sell theirs, if they ever put it on the market???? Hows life in Adelaide????
Old Aug 9th 2009, 8:16 pm
aka bunja

Off2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond reputeOff2Oz has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yeh!!! It doesn't feel like its happening to ME tho!!!! Has Mozzy sold now? The market is definatley moving Just hope my mum & dad can sell theirs, if they ever put it on the market???? Hows life in Adelaide????
Mozzy's waiting to exchange. Hoping to hear the news any day now!
Old Aug 9th 2009, 11:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

I know what you mean!! Good job you do feel numb otherwise your head would explode! Adelaide is great thanks, we're having a ball. It was worth the heartache and the worry.

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Fingers crossed
Old Aug 10th 2009, 7:50 am
Living the dream

Originally Posted by Off2Oz
Waiting for this is horrible.......... Mind you every part of this waiting game is horrible.... Why do we put ourselves thru this???
If my kids tell me I never do anything for them again
Old Aug 11th 2009, 3:02 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Waiting for this is horrible.......... Mind you every part of this waiting game is horrible.... Why do we put ourselves thru this???
If my kids tell me I never do anything for them again
With all the effort, expense, uncertainty, etc, I'm having loads of "and the reason you are doing this is?" moments. But at 44 (), it's now or never.
Old Aug 11th 2009, 7:08 am
BE Enthusiast

lolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of lightlolylew is a glorious beacon of light

WE'VE EXCHANGED CONTRACTS!
We called Crown to rebook our container but they can't fit us in now till Sept so we're looking at using John Masons now..
fab news - have you booked your flights yet?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 8:32 am
Living the dream

Originally Posted by lolylew
fab news - have you booked your flights yet?
Yeh!!! We fly Singapore Airlines on 20th October from Heathrow (Manchester is nearer for us but this flight was £600 cheaper!) another bonus is we are flying on the A380 too & have already reserved our seats on the upper deck!! Ha ha i'm like a bog kid aren't I?
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulry
I'm sensing that the property market has turned the corner. Looking at the local papers around my way all the "bargains" have now been sold. I interpret that to mean that those of us who have sold are in a stronger position to complete the sale on our terms. Of course it's dependant on your particular situation but you might want to consider telling your buyer (in a very careful and diplomatic way) that you will complete on the date that best suits you. It will be easier for the buyer to delay their move by a month or so than it will be for you to struggle and stress to find temporary accomodation.

Good luck
Thanks very much. Yes, it seems that the property market is turning a corner in the Midlands too. I keep seeing sold signs everywhere!

The couple buying ours have to be out of their accommodation by the end of August so I don't really want to rock the boat. If all else fails, we won't be homeless. We can move into the 'in laws' but it would be a struggle.

Tawkins - glad you've booked your flights. The A380 sounds like a great plane. My son is into flying and keeps nagging me to book the A380 when it's our turn to fly.
Hope you enjoy the journey - good luck!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:23 am
Living the dream

Originally Posted by charlie-k
Thanks very much. Yes, it seems that the property market is turning a corner in the Midlands too. I keep seeing sold signs everywhere!

The couple buying ours have to be out of their accommodation by the end of August so I don't really want to rock the boat. If all else fails, we won't be homeless. We can move into the 'in laws' but it would be a struggle.

Tawkins - glad you've booked your flights. The A380 sounds like a great plane. My son is into flying and keeps nagging me to book the A380 when it's our turn to fly.
Hope you enjoy the journey - good luck!
My OH wanted the A380 but I just wanted singapore airlines.... We booked the flight & then found out it was the A380! Result!
Old Aug 11th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

My OH wanted the A380 but I just wanted singapore airlines.... We booked the flight & then found out it was the A380! Result!
men!

I've flown Emirates and Singapore and thought Singapore had the edge for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.