Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:19 pm
heading back to oz..again

collybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of lightcollybabe24 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

I will soon be joining this thread, we emmigrated to oz in 2007 we couldnt sell our uk house so rented it out, we bought a house in oz but i then fell pregnant and got really homesick so we sold house in oz and moved back last august, from the moment we arrived in the uk i completely regretted my decision nothing was what i thought it would be so we said we would go back as hubbys job is still waiting for him, tenants didnt take very good care of our house so we are completely renovating it and should be on the market the next couple of weeks as wishful thinking i would like to be back in oz september, my question is will i have to pay tax on the money i get from the house? thanks colleen
Old Mar 27th 2010, 6:30 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by collybabe24
I will soon be joining this thread, we emmigrated to oz in 2007 we couldnt sell our uk house so rented it out, we bought a house in oz but i then fell pregnant and got really homesick so we sold house in oz and moved back last august, from the moment we arrived in the uk i completely regretted my decision nothing was what i thought it would be so we said we would go back as hubbys job is still waiting for him, tenants didnt take very good care of our house so we are completely renovating it and should be on the market the next couple of weeks as wishful thinking i would like to be back in oz september, my question is will i have to pay tax on the money i get from the house? thanks colleen
Hi Colleen

Sorry I can't help with your question, but I am sure someone will be able to. We are still trying to sell ours, it has been on the market for a year. We have considered renting it but what has happened to yours is one of my big worries. Also we don't think it will work for us financially. I hope you have better luck selling this time

Janet
Old Mar 27th 2010, 7:16 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Our house went up for sale yesterday afternoon and surprisingly we had a viewing last night although I think they were looking for something a little bigger!

Thankfully a good friend of ours has offered to pay us rent if we don't sell. Good but won't be enough to pay the morgage - just the interest.
What P's me off is the bloody £400 HIP. I wonder whether you need something similar in Ozz
Old Mar 27th 2010, 7:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Our house went up for sale yesterday afternoon and surprisingly we had a viewing last night although I think they were looking for something a little bigger!

Thankfully a good friend of ours has offered to pay us rent if we don't sell. Good but won't be enough to pay the morgage - just the interest.
What P's me off is the bloody £400 HIP. I wonder whether you need something similar in Ozz
We have just gone on the market on Friday and have 2 viewers tomorrow although our HIP cost £270 via estate agent (i thought we were being ripped off there!! fees overall for selling in oz are less, no solicitor involved, just a settlement agent and last time in perth we had no estate agents fees as we sold it ourselves via a sign stuck in the garden and an advert in paper- it sold on the first day for top dollar Dont think we'll be that lucky this time!
Old Mar 27th 2010, 7:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Can't see why you would pay any tax! You sell it here in the UK and take the cash with you. You are not currently Oz tax payers, so whatever you sell for here (profit) and take with you is tax free, if it is your primary residence.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

Griffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really niceGriffangus is just really nice

We have exchanged!!!

I don't want to go into the details of the "saga" but the relief is tremendous ()!!

Really positive thoughts to all still in the process!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Great news! Well done! Its SO stressful.
We have the surveyor coming on Thursday,
Have shippers in a few weeks for quotes.
Ielts in May
Lists for lists and more lists ...
Lord when will it all stop!

Good luck to everyone
C x
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:16 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Griffangus
We have exchanged!!!

I don't want to go into the details of the "saga" but the relief is tremendous ()!!

Really positive thoughts to all still in the process!
Congratulations
Old Mar 30th 2010, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Great news! Well done! Its SO stressful.
We have the surveyor coming on Thursday,
Have shippers in a few weeks for quotes.
Ielts in May
Lists for lists and more lists ...
Lord when will it all stop!

Good luck to everyone
C x
Having exchanged a few weeks ago we complete next week you shold see the lists round here!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 5:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Lol, we should start a list thread !
C x
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:09 pm
Just Joined

Phil2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the list

Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

TakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond reputeTakenThePlunge has a reputation beyond repute

No, you'll be fine. In the UK it's your primary residence, so no CGT to pay there. And the way the currency rate is now compared to 2007 you've made a capital loss in Oz.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Lol, we should start a list thread !
C x
My wife actually has a list of her lists, no kidding
Old Mar 30th 2010, 8:14 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

LOL, I LOVE lists.
Btw, that's us just getting ready to put the house on the market ............................ just a lick of paint and a couple of new carpets, then we'll get some of the dreaded estate agents in.
Wish me luck everyone.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 6:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Lyx
LOL, I LOVE lists.
Btw, that's us just getting ready to put the house on the market ............................ just a lick of paint and a couple of new carpets, then we'll get some of the dreaded estate agents in.
Wish me luck everyone.

C X

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.