Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Old Feb 26th 2010, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Originally Posted by JAK
We've had our house up for sale for a year now and had no luck whatsoever, we have only had 4 viewings in a year. But now our biggest worry is the exchange rate. We were hoping to be mortgage free in Australia, but that dream has gone.

Congratulations to those of you who have sold your houses and good luck to those that are still waiting.
Hi Jak,

Its very frustrating. So many scenarios to think of.
We too are worried re the exchange rate and are in the tentitive steps of thinking of renting in the hope when we do exchange the situation would have improved (see some of my last posts to get the gist of some of my issues!) Renting a few months ago was our last chance saloon for us, but we are open to ideas and thinking outside our boxes. We have a few years left on our visa yet, but feel we have been waiting since 08, enough is enough.

I just think this is a fab thread as so many of us are in the same boat. Its good to bounce your ideas around. I have been so impressed with the response, help and support on here.

Good luck
Old Feb 26th 2010, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAK
But now our biggest worry is the exchange rate.
You're not alone there!

Still, think of the fab salaries in Australia (and interest rates if you put money in the bank), at this rate a postie will earn more Down Under than our wonderful Prime Minister, in pounds anyway.

1.2.3.4... "Always look on the bright side of life"
Old Feb 28th 2010, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

pajones is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bluekipper
Hi there your not alone

We came bk from Adelaide 2007 bought the house were in now, spent near 30,000 of our own money on it, now its worth what we payed for it before the renovations!!! and you say your depressed.

We are looking at renting it out, but to be honest I dont want to do that, but may have no choice if we want to return to OZ before visas expire.

So if we do rent it out not only will we have to get a loan, we will have to send money bk here (UK) to cover insurances etc. its all very depressing, feel like just going bk to OZ & giving the keys bk to the mortgage lender!

Bluekipper
Hello bluekipper,so you never stayed the two years to get your citizenship?. We didn't either and our visa runs out in jan 2011, we also can't sell our house.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

bluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to allbluekipper is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pajones
Hello bluekipper,so you never stayed the two years to get your citizenship?. We didn't either and our visa runs out in jan 2011, we also can't sell our house.
Hi there, our visas run out in Jan 2011 also, my sister is renting our house from us now until house prices increase so we can sell it, she`s a star, love her loads for that. No we didnt get citizenship

We leave the UK on 14 April to get back to Adelaide.

when do you return?

Bluekipper
Old Feb 28th 2010, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

pajones is an unknown quantity at this point

We don't know yet, nothing booked or confirmed. Are very much hoping to get rid of the house though, but that might not be a possibility. We were out in Perth for a year (March 07 to March 08). I am a Plumber and found it all very different, not to mention all of the red tape to be able to become a plumber in Oz! We rented our UK home out whilst we were in Oz, but that was a nightmare so really wouldn't want to do that again. unfortunately, we've got no family members wanting to rent off us!! What do you do? Have you got a job to go back to? I know I'm better off in the UK. I earn good money here and my wife has her own business, but there is something about Oz that we just haven't got here and its something money can't buy.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Well, we exchanged contracts on our house sale today, we where very, very lucky. We put it up for sale in early Jan and the frist people to view it made an offer of 93% of asking, the EA's negotiated and we ended up accepting 97% (of the three valuations we had this was 20K higher than the 2nd highest valuation). Buyers are in rented so no chain.

Now, if only the £ would improve a bit!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 2:52 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by freebo
Well, we exchanged contracts on our house sale today, we where very, very lucky. We put it up for sale in early Jan and the frist people to view it made an offer of 93% of asking, the EA's negotiated and we ended up accepting 97% (of the three valuations we had this was 20K higher than the 2nd highest valuation). Buyers are in rented so no chain.

Congratulations and that the £ improves
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Fantastic news Freebo
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Fantastic news Freebo
Thanks all, I didn't mention it earlier because before exchange anything could go wrong! The good sale price has been offset by the plumeting pound but not much I can do about that!

Good luck to everyone trying to sell!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Freebo!
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:41 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Congratulations freebo...... another step closer.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by comet10
We've gone joint agency and hope this will help with selling as its been on the market since September.
I read an article on house selling some while ago and one of the pieces of advice was the mistake of usng two agents, the atitude of both agents is that why bother making so much of an effort when the vendor is not committed to us as a sole agent, so it may work against you.
Something to think about.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

We arrived in September having radically discounting our house by over 30,000 UK pounds.
We arrived with just 2000 uk pounds and a start date of my new job- I started working 5 days after arriving!
We needed to this get some money to survive. It was a big gamble but think it was worth it.
A big gamble with three kids.
The reason why I am posting is to let you guys know that, for us anyway, it is easier to save more in Australia- we are tightening our belt and easily save over 800 uk pounds per month! We are paying rent at the moment and are saving for a deposit on a house.
We took 2 and a half years to sell our house so we know how you guys are feeling- Good Luck!
HKA
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 7:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Betty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond reputeBetty Boot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hollykimalan
We arrived in September having radically discounting our house by over 30,000 UK pounds.
We arrived with just 2000 uk pounds and a start date of my new job- I started working 5 days after arriving!
We needed to this get some money to survive. It was a big gamble but think it was worth it.
A big gamble with three kids.
The reason why I am posting is to let you guys know that, for us anyway, it is easier to save more in Australia- we are tightening our belt and easily save over 800 uk pounds per month! We are paying rent at the moment and are saving for a deposit on a house.
We took 2 and a half years to sell our house so we know how you guys are feeling- Good Luck!
HKA
Well done to you and your family, it just shows with determination it can be done!!! where abouts are you? we have 3 kids and hopefully heading over this year
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

perthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really niceperthhopeful is just really nice

that's great!

we have accepted an offer on ours but they haven't sold theirs

have got another viewing tonight - first time buyers so

well had better get off here and get the hoover out!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.