Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Old Mar 18th 2010, 11:15 am
Account Closed

No 15 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: who else can't sell house in Uk and has visa

Afraid I agree with Dan and there's now a glut of property on the market and forcing prices downwards so if you get an offer I would bite their hand off as the only way is down now.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danjones1
I dont blame anyone for putting in offers well below asking price. Property on average is 6 times UK av. salary so is still seriously overpriced.
Where as its apperently 8x Salary in Sydney, I've sold my UK house but won't be buying in Australia at the moment because I think the risk is to the downside (lots of threads running about the possibility of a house price crash in Australia).
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:34 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by carolinejones3
Okay, some progress.

Estate agents rang, the people wanting ours have had the thumbs up from the bank, they have put in an offer, but 25K under asking price

I flung back no way. Advised ball park figure we were willing to negotiate in. Willing to reduce another 10K.

They are thinking about it and will contact E/A in the morning

God help us. Doesn't help other half is working away the mo!
C x
They are chancers that lot eh?
I'm sure that they'll come back with a better offer, as freebo says it was almost guaranteed that they'd try a move like that given their history. Fingers crossed for you.
Old Mar 18th 2010, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Update!
E/A rang around an hr ago. They have increased offer by 5K, I reduced offer by another 5 K and lets hope they except. Reduced by another 15K now. (All together thats 45k) My head hurts. O/h still away and unable to contact him as he is working in a Prison on the Isle of Sheppy!! I hope when he gets home he understands why I have gave the house away:eek

C x
Old Mar 18th 2010, 6:11 pm
JAK
BE Enthusiast

JAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud ofJAK has much to be proud of

Update!
E/A rang around an hr ago. They have increased offer by 5K, I reduced offer by another 5 K and lets hope they except. Reduced by another 15K now. (All together thats 45k) My head hurts. O/h still away and unable to contact him as he is working in a Prison on the Isle of Sheppy!! I hope when he gets home he understands why I have gave the house away:eek

C x
Glad to hear things are moving for you again
Old Mar 19th 2010, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

Another update!

Well, we have excepted an offer, 16K below recent asking price. We are happy with this! They are happy to exchange contracts asap and complete towards end of July, which they are happy with (Kids finish school, Jacks last year of Junior, he wants to finish with his mates, we agree it will be good for him) So, if all goes smoothly as these things can we should be heading out End of July beginning of Aug

I am still being cautious but o/h and I half have a grin from ear to ear and keep giggling when our eyes meet! (He came home late last night!)
C x
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

freebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond reputefreebo has a reputation beyond repute

Another update!

Well, we have excepted an offer, 16K below recent asking price. We are happy with this! They are happy to exchange contracts asap and complete towards end of July, which they are happy with (Kids finish school, Jacks last year of Junior, he wants to finish with his mates, we agree it will be good for him) So, if all goes smoothly as these things can we should be heading out End of July beginning of Aug

I am still being cautious but o/h and I half have a grin from ear to ear and keep giggling when our eyes meet! (He came home late last night!)
C x
Congrats , can I make a suggestion, try not to exchange & complete same day its very risky.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry Freebo, my post probably reads like that. But, we are exchanging contracts ASAP, Then completing end of July

C x
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sorry Freebo, my post probably reads like that. But, we are exchanging contracts ASAP, Then completing end of July

C x
Nice one, we exchanged a couple of weeks ago & complete in Mid April. Now I just worry about the exchange rate, but that's another story
Old Mar 19th 2010, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Another update!

C x

Congrats C that's excellent news!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 3:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Congrats C that's excellent news!
Thanks !
Old Mar 19th 2010, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freebo
Nice one, we exchanged a couple of weeks ago & complete in Mid April. Now I just worry about the exchange rate, but that's another story
Thanks!
Ha, not thinking about the exchange rate, that will have to wait and get in line with all the other worries! IELTS next!
Old Mar 19th 2010, 4:51 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Another update!

Well, we have excepted an offer, ...................I am still being cautious but o/h and I half have a grin from ear to ear and keep giggling when our eyes meet! (He came home late last night!)
C x
Fab news.
and LOL at you and OH giggling like excited school kids. It's all really happening for you now.
Old Mar 19th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks!
Ha, not thinking about the exchange rate, that will have to wait and get in line with all the other worries! IELTS next!
IELTS is not bad if you're a native English speaker, I got OA9.0 and I'm an adopted Geordie (wey aye! ) just make sure you do a full practice, especially listening
Old Mar 19th 2010, 11:21 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Another update!

C x
Congratulations, Caroline

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.