Perth
26.28%
'other'
9.62%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Where and why?

Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:37 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default Where and why?

Just thought I would try out one of these poll things...

Where have you settled in Australia (or are planning on settling)?

and

The main reason for your choice?

Cheers.

Last edited by PWBCSA; Feb 4th 2005 at 12:49 pm.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:48 pm
ピーター及びクレア

PWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant futurePWBCSA has a brilliant future
Default Re: Where and why?

I'll go first.

Bloody replying to my own threads again... damn.

We are currently planning on Melbourne because that's what my beloved wants; personally I would prefer hotter weather...

Cheers.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 12:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya,

Cairns for us...because we had the choice to go wherever we wanted...because it is SOooooo beautiful up here...because we fell in love with it years ago....because it feels like 'home' and the other places we have been in Oz ( lots ) don't....because we wanted something different for our children ( not the 'big city life' )...because we like it... ...because of the year round good climate ( i.e sweat your norks off in summer, bare 'em comfortably in winter!!!!! )...I'm gonna regret saying that, aren't I???!!!

Last edited by steandleigh; Feb 4th 2005 at 12:53 pm. Reason: addenum....
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:12 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I had to vote other as Bendigo wasnt on the list!!!

We chose Bendigo primarily because my family are here. It was a hell of a change for my Hubby as he is born and bred West London. I love Bendigo because its an easy drive from Melbourne, yet not the vast suburbia. It has all you need on a day to day basis, but you can still get to Melbourne for those "special" shopping trips.

Bendigo is central to just about everything in Victoria and close to lots of the most beautiful parts, IMO. Can get to the Murray in an hour, the beach in under 2 hours, the Mountains in 2 hrs its only 6 hrs to Adelaide. We have loads of really lovely wineries and areas such as Hepburn Springs. Its got a vast and diverse countryside from never ending farming paddocks to some beautiful Australian bush.

This is why we are where we are!!

Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant futureSue from Manchester has a brilliant future

Brisbane because that's where mum and dad live (well Broadbeach near Surfers Paradise anyway) and we've visited and love it. Love the palm trees and warm winters. Also really liked the country around Bundaberg. Loved the whale watching, beaches, restaurants, blue sky.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steandleigh
( i.e sweat your norks off in summer, bare 'em comfortably in winter!!!!! )...I'm gonna regret saying that, aren't I???!!!
No-one else could put it in quite the same way!!!

Me, I'm in Brisbane cos I wanted to marry the Bloke, and he lives here....makes the choice simple!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Reasons why we chose Perth.........we have friends and some family here. Have visited and enjoyed, but mostly because the boys were really happy here. Didnt want to drag 2 teenagers around the world, to somewhere they didnt want to go. They had visited Perth, roughly sussed out where the shops/beaches and birds were!!!! It was a bit like a comfort blanket to them being able to identify places again.
Old Feb 4th 2005, 1:55 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Melbourne, for its' culture, quality of life, and because it is 'the place to be'
Not voted the worlds' most liveable city, two years running for nothing

Cas
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:14 pm
Paul, Louise, Laura & Amy

gajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant futuregajjitt has a brilliant future
Thumbs up Re: Where and why?

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Reasons why we chose Perth.........we have friends and some family here. Have visited and enjoyed, but mostly because the boys were really happy here. Didnt want to drag 2 teenagers around the world, to somewhere they didnt want to go. They had visited Perth, roughly sussed out where the shops/beaches and birds were!!!! It was a bit like a comfort blanket to them being able to identify places again.
We are moving to Perth for the improvement in lifestyle, affordable property, hot climate, relaxing way of life, beautiful city.....
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

cadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of lightcadman is a glorious beacon of light

Hoping to go to Cairns, employment potential permitting. Love the tropical environment, don't want to live in a big city, like the wildlife - birds, lizards, etc. etc.

If not then Brisbane or Perth!
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all

Sunshine coast for me
Good weather, nice beaches, where you can actually go in the water all year, and on the right side of the island to the few people i do know there!! Even though will still be 6 hours drive away
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:28 pm
maggy

Perth

Dont know why but then again why not lol

Never been to Oz before just took the plunge and glad I chose Perth.

Have great job and amazing friends over here.

The right choice for me.

It took approx 5 months to settle and it now feels like home even after the dreaded tears and home sickness.

NO REGRETS.

Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:32 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Perth - friends already there !!! Read earlier posts for a synopsis of our reasons (apart from..."birds" -fortunately no adolescent boys quite yet)
Gillian x
Old Feb 4th 2005, 2:56 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gajjitt
We are moving to Perth for the improvement in lifestyle, affordable property, hot climate, relaxing way of life, beautiful city.....

What can I say - ditto

Sel x
Old Feb 4th 2005, 3:36 pm
Merlot

I'm a smart arse that said other for when we return.

Family and friends in NSW.

Friends in Queensland.

Queensland looked promising but the more I read the more Melbourne/Vic come up as a possibility?

Is it really a hub of culture? I only went there for a couple of overnighters and never saw much as I was tied to a conference.

M

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.