Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

DogSheba is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats the worse thing about living in australia

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
Isn't that the UK?
No, the UK punches well below their weight
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:25 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You know what I love about threads like these? The huge, massive generalisations that appear. Makes me laugh so loud. Cheers me up no end So thanks nearly everyone.

Me too. I love it. They're are probably all true and are all really funny. And I don't even live there.

I got to add, Aussies at the Olympics. Could there be a more annoying contingent. They're worse than even the Americans.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

DogSheba is an unknown quantity at this point

Insincere talk radio - lets face it, who care about the pucking shite they cackle on about!?

I used to work in management at several overseas airports, and the best thing about moving to AU is that I don't have to deal with Aussies overseas anymore! I just deal with them here which I find much easier.

In my opinion, Australians are terrible travelers and the overseas AU citizens that I came into contact with (Embassy staff thru red neck) usually ended up being an all around embarrassment to themselves and their host country.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 3:47 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, and the sensitivity and defensiveness of people to this thread when the title of the post is fairly clear. Great stuff.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

imanaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pacey
So I'm not allowed to say the worst thing about living here is that my very best friends, who know me inside and out, aren't here with me? Because for me that is the worst thing about living here.

Other than that, i could add a few things but it's pointless really, we're all different after all. But I will anyway (hah!):

Travel: Everything is so far away and it's costly getting there. UK is a much better hub for travel.

None of the rolling hills and fields of crop with little villages with pubs and beer gardens and people walking their dogs, cows looking daft stood at a gate, canals with fishermen, church spires sticking up, and beautiful architecture from hundreds of years of development (think Bath etc). IE: the nice bits of england.
Shopping: clothes are generally a bit rubbish here unless you spend a lot.

Humour: Just something not quite the same. Banter not as good at work, tv comedy pathetic compared to things like Have I Got News for You.. in quiz shows they actually ANSWER the questions! Huh?! Some funny stuff of course.. Aussies are a laugh.

Just to reiterate, these are the things I miss from the UK which in turn are the "worst" things about living in Australia. Everything else about Australia is pretty much the same to be honest!

Move to Tasmania, its the closest you will get to Bath.......and England........ scenery wise.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch
Photo taken just up the road from here ...

http://www.figlea.com/resources/Fat+cow+2.JPG

Green grass? Check. Rolling hills? Check. Moo-cow? Check.

...knowing where that is you forgot to comment on my worse bit about Oz... The six billion bloody flies hovering around that cows backside just waiting for a chance to try and get up your nose, or in your ears, or into your mouth, or into anything you happen to be eating.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:03 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by imanaussie
Move to Tasmania, its the closest you will get to Bath.......and England........ scenery wise.
Ah, Bath. London SW89 as the locals used to call it.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...knowing where that is you forgot to comment on my worse bit about Oz... The six billion bloody flies hovering around that cows backside just waiting for a chance to try and get up your nose, or in your ears, or into your mouth, or into anything you happen to be eating.
Not being an apologist or anything - but they haven't been that bad the last couple of years. First year we were out, it was rank - walk down the road and you're back's turned black by a swarm of bloody blow-flies. I hate the things. Seriously considering investing in one of those fly screens the road workers wear on their heads, for when I'm out flyering in the summer.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:20 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that no-one seems to be able to get on tv without lashings of fake tan, being grossly underweight and being in possession of dayglo teeth.
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sormesher
Hello,
i have always said i dont have rose tinted glasses about what a move to australia will be like and i think i have realistic expectations. but i cant help think that it will be a case of the grass is greener and i just wondered what the worse thing about living in australia is, and i dont just mean leaving family and friends behind, but every day living.
WHINGING BLOODY POMS
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:21 pm
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by framac67
WHINGING BLOODY POMS
...works for me too
Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:46 pm
Forum Regular

brissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond reputebrissybound has a reputation beyond repute

The worst... if like me you like "going out" expect the odd situation with the locals, not even up for debate.

The best? Ironically enough the Aussies, I love them, but expect the rough with the smooth and dont be naive.

It aint saying its anywhere as bad as Glasgow, but still, its not perfect, nowhere is.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Couple of things. Firstly, I sure as shit don't fall into the 'whinging' category - I know you're a noob on these forums, just read a bit of my posting history if you don't believe me.

That said
1) People venting on here does not constitute 'continuously whinging'. Writing the occasional post on here that you miss your mates, Tescos and Imperial Leather Foamburst (in that order) does not consititue whinging. There are a couple of exceptions to the rule, but most people do the odd vent and then get on with life.
2) Australians can, without doubt, hold their heads up high as Premier League whinge-bags - and I say that as someone who's lived in France!!!! Spend more than five minutes with your average Aussie and they'll soon be off on one about Rudd, the banks or the cricket or whatever little curve ball life's thrown 'em that minute.
3) Just because you've chosen to emigrate somewhere does not mean you are barred from voicing any discontent about life in your foster country.
4) Referring to myriad nationalities as 'the asians' makes you sound like a thick as pig-shit racist.
5) Why the **** should we mind our manners, when you don't mind yours?
Amen to that!!

Whats with the non Brits invading these forums anyway??

Its pretty much the only platform where Brits can voice anything.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 12:44 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah, Bath. London SW89 as the locals used to call it.

Not being an apologist or anything - but they haven't been that bad the last couple of years. First year we were out, it was rank - walk down the road and you're back's turned black by a swarm of bloody blow-flies. I hate the things. Seriously considering investing in one of those fly screens the road workers wear on their heads, for when I'm out flyering in the summer.
Not long after I first arrived here I went to the Berry market on the Sunday. As I was approaching the showground I saw a couple of old dears in beekeepers headgear. In my naivety I assumed that they must have something to do with keeping bees. Wrong!

There had been a pony/horse show in the previous couple of days and those beekeeping hats would have been very handy. I have never seen as many flies before, or since, as I did that day. I could have sworn that the guy who's always there giving it the "Music of the Mountains' treatment on his pan pipes was blowing flies out the end of his pipes.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:25 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
There had been a pony/horse show in the previous couple of days and those beekeeping hats would have been very handy. I have never seen as many flies before, or since, as I did that day. I could have sworn that the guy who's always there giving it the "Music of the Mountains' treatment on his pan pipes was blowing flies out the end of his pipes.

Whenever I see that pan-pipe dude I think of the Fast Show - he's about as talented as them. And yea - pretty horrendous when the cattle's in the showground. Numbers were down pretty drastically this year though, so it wasn't as bad. Dull as **** of course, but at least you can get some Dutch pancakes and a nice quiche for tea.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Green grass? Check. Rolling hills? Check. Moo-cow? Check.

You Bastard Hutch

Dry and brown is about the only thing I dont like about living in my part of Melbourne.

Heres Lake Wendouree, in Ballarat.

You should see my sons sports ground. It looks a lot like this, only smoother and dustier, still it does have cracks.

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Mar 7th 2009 at 3:54 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.