Reload this Page >

whats the worse thing about living in australia

whats the worse thing about living in australia

Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:40 am
Account Closed

camponotus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: whats the worse thing about living in australia

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
That's nothing an ex colleague of mine said to me "You can't surf in the UK because there aren't any beaches in the UK".

He was deadly serious.
People are always keen to defend the Aussies on this kind of stuff but they are often very ignorant about the UK, in the sense that they write it off as being total crap, e.g. with this 'no beaches in UK' type of remark.

I know Brits are ignorant about Australia often but I don't think we are nearly so inclined to write off places abroad that we don't know as being totally unliveable and awful, which the Aussies, I believe find it hard to resist doing a lot of the time.

Today in Melbourne we have a cold, wet and windy day that, if it were the UK, everyone would be bitching and moaning about. Barely a few days ago it was baking hot. Yet, apparently, the climate here is SO much better than England. Bull crap.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camponotus
Today in Melbourne we have a cold, wet and windy day that, if it were the UK, everyone would be bitching and moaning about. Barely a few days ago it was baking hot. Yet, apparently, the climate here is SO much better than England. Bull crap.
Eh? Pretty much the first wet day in 6 months.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

The grammar.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:54 am
Account Closed

camponotus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sr71
Eh? Pretty much the first wet day in 6 months.
My point is that it's boiling out for weeks on end, with NO rain, then, SUDDENLY, with no warning at all, it's freezing and windy. The dramatic change from one crap thing to another crap thing is my complaint.

I actually wish, as it happens, that it WASN'T the ''first wet day in 6 months''; newsflash: that's a BAD thing.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by camponotus
Surely the good people of the UK would be bitching and moaning about the cold, wet and windy day because the chances are it had been preceded by a month or so of non stop cold, wet and windy days? In the same way, after a week of hot weather in the UK, The Sun et al have 'Cor What a Scorcher' and people would be bitching and moaning about the endless heat

I guess some people prefer the Melbourne weather (I assume you are talking about Melbourne) because it does change so frequently, less chance of getting bored with it?

Cracking thunderstorm up here at the moment, I love rain so it's all good. Once winter kicks in I'll probably be moaning about the cold. I am British after all
Old Mar 4th 2009, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asprilla
Australian TV. Over the weekend I noticed that our baby son perks up when the ads come on, but loses focus when the programs re-start. It suddenly dawned on me that this is because the adverts make better viewing than the tv shows themselves....even the local ads.

Old Mar 4th 2009, 2:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

I havent lived in Oz for 10 years but when I did live there (Adelaide Hills)it was freezing cold in winter.It also rained pretty much every day in winter too back then,even the aussies whinged about it!And yes even summer was the same,everyone would whinge about winter,and could'nt wait for summer to arrive and when it did,yes everyone whinged.Why can't people just appreciate the weather no matter what its doing?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 6:42 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
I havent lived in Oz for 10 years but when I did live there (Adelaide Hills)it was freezing cold in winter.It also rained pretty much every day in winter too back then,even the aussies whinged about it!And yes even summer was the same,everyone would whinge about winter,and could'nt wait for summer to arrive and when it did,yes everyone whinged.Why can't people just appreciate the weather no matter what its doing?
I think you are, exagerating a bit if it rained every day in winter,in the Adelaide hills , we would,nt be in the trouble we are now.
Adelaide has sporadic and unreliable winter rains........and if you call 1deg c freezing then you must be soft.......and i have lived in Adelaide for over 40 years.............mm
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorrielou
Its no laughing matter I can assure you! Oz tv is utter twaddle. If ABC2 didn't exist I'd be for locking up . . .
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:10 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
Its no laughing matter I can assure you! Oz tv is utter twaddle. If ABC2 didn't exist I'd be for locking up . . .
oz tv ?
we carnt get that here!
just re runs of american cop and medical shows interspersed with theresnothingelsegoingonintheworld news updates and adds-forshitenoonewants every 6 minutes
Old Mar 4th 2009, 11:49 pm
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bcworld
Scottish beach! Now, no-one mention the water temperature please!

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...UK-Posters.jpg
Or the Air temperature for that matter
Old Mar 5th 2009, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coleslaw!

Its cabbage, carrot and onion, shredded. How can they get it SO wrong?!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:07 am
Just Joined

lil tinks is an unknown quantity at this point

coles
racism
bad drivers
state schools
medicare
backward banking system
backward IT systems
bad TV
lack of anything really old
No decent theatre or shows
You can buy digital radios - but they don't broadcast in digital
Shopping in general
Aussies always know best
Isolation
Having to acrue leave
Needing a sick cert for only a couple of days
expensive flights home
lack of human rights
trying to rent a house
being ripped off
low standards in most things
being treated like a second class citizen

But the Australian landcape, birds and animals are stunning!

I'm home sick!
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordo Marshall

6. My last one now! - and the worst one!. ...... STUCK UP THEIR OWN BACKSIDES AUSTRALIAN FEMALES with NO, NOT ONE BIT of HUMOUR AT ALL!. It is NOT a sexist thing by the way, before the PC brigade have a fit!.

I wonder how this happens. How is it now and again someone says the exact opposite of my experience. Could the reason be, that the great majority of Aus women I know are nurses ? Although my female work mates aren't like this either.

My two main Aus dislikes, Distance to other countries and flies.
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:28 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

As I understand it Austrlaia has some of the longest dormant land mass on the planet and has been "stable" for over 300 million years. It has also been inhabited for some 60,000 years. How "old" did you want?

Originally Posted by lil tinks
coles

lack of anything really old

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.