Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

whats the worse thing about living in australia

whats the worse thing about living in australia

Old Mar 7th 2009, 3:49 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the worse thing about living in australia

Rolling hills? Do hills roll? If so, where do they roll to?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 6:01 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Rolling hills? Do hills roll? If so, where do they roll to?
Too...........mm
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:12 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
You Bastard Hutch

Dry and brown is about the only thing I dont like about living in my part of Melbourne.

Heres Lake Wendouree, in Ballarat.

You should see my sons sports ground. It looks a lot like this, only smoother and dustier, still it does have cracks.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/20..._470x308,0.jpg
Yea well, precipitation is not something we lack here in South Coast NSW. Loving the sign on that lake - 'Swimming is not recommended'
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:30 am
Just Joined

cornish is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hutch

Whenever I see that pan-pipe dude I think of the Fast Show - he's about as talented as them. And yea - pretty horrendous when the cattle's in the showground. Numbers were down pretty drastically this year though, so it wasn't as bad. Dull as **** of course, but at least you can get some Dutch pancakes and a nice quiche for tea.
surely you like all the old crafts as much as you like the pancakes! i have a friend who used to have a stall there. she sold her own art and very nice silk products imported from a charity funded program in cambodia but the berry market commitee didn't renew her site contract because the silk items weren't home made. well ,her things were definitely more apealling than some of the crochetted loo roll holders etc on some of the other stalls!the boys are still dropping hints about having one of the pancake griddles for home-- maybe one days soon. the "sticky"flies haven't been as bad as 3 yrs ago- must have used too much spray that year
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:39 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cornish
surely you like all the old crafts as much as you like the pancakes! i have a friend who used to have a stall there. she sold her own art and very nice silk products imported from a charity funded program in cambodia but the berry market commitee didn't renew her site contract because the silk items weren't home made. well ,her things were definitely more apealling than some of the crochetted loo roll holders etc on some of the other stalls!the boys are still dropping hints about having one of the pancake griddles for home-- maybe one days soon. the "sticky"flies haven't been as bad as 3 yrs ago- must have used too much spray that year
Yea - some of those stalls are amazing. By my reckoning there were five stalls alone last time selling dog coats! I mean, dog coats! Then you get those stalls where some, ermm, enterprising soul has taken a soldering iron to a bit of polished wood, writing a terribly witty motto on it, such as "You don't have to be mad to work here, but it helps!" or other such original gems. Last time I went (I kid you not) I saw someone pay money for one of those clocks in the middle of a boat's steering wheel!!! Oh man, I'm going to have to go next time - comedy gold I tell you.