Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:32 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Definitely less than 20 degrees in the newly uncovered pool (the thermometer has broken)- still I waded in slowly up to my waist, but wasn't prepared to go in any further!! Sat by the side of it with a pimms though to warm up.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:35 pm
Suncream, I need suncream

northerner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond reputenortherner has a reputation beyond repute

I think ours is at a round 21 here in Sydney. I refuse to get in before it's 27-28, and the wife prefers 30 as a minimum!

Got up to 34 last summer - the best thing I ever bought for the pool was a cover - reduces evaporation and increases the temp by several degrees.

Another thing - make sure you run the filter/pump during the heat of the day even if you're not using it. Sure you will spend another $20 a year in electricity but it means you heat the whole pool, rather than the top 6 inches.

Sorry if I'm preaching to the converted....

Cheers,

Graham
Old Sep 26th 2010, 10:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Off to the pool shop to sort it out for the warmer weather. We have not got a pool thermometer but I will get one today so I can join in this very interesting thread

I was talking to friends the other day and one of them mentioned the pool shop had told her not to buy the cheap salt from Bunnings/Kmart etc as it is poor quality and can actually damage your pool. So, she buys it from him at a premium.

I am a bit suspicious of his advice though so wondered what you all use in your pools? Do you buy the cheap stuff or get quality stuff from the pool shops.

Our pool is pebblecrete with a crystal clear chlorinator by the way.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
Off to the pool shop to sort it out for the warmer weather. We have not got a pool thermometer but I will get one today so I can join in this very interesting thread

I was talking to friends the other day and one of them mentioned the pool shop had told her not to buy the cheap salt from Bunnings/Kmart etc as it is poor quality and can actually damage your pool. So, she buys it from him at a premium.

I am a bit suspicious of his advice though so wondered what you all use in your pools? Do you buy the cheap stuff or get quality stuff from the pool shops.

I bought from the pool shop - 80kgs. First time I've bought so far so don't know the difference.

EDIT: Just checked temp - 22 degs.

Last edited by Alfresco; Sep 27th 2010 at 12:10 am.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 3:59 am
Account Closed

Cheap stuff every time.

Local pool shop wants $35 for 2kg of chlorine and I get 5kg from Mitre 10 for $50 ...

Salt the same deal.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Pool shop for me. Bunnings chlorine always makes my pool cloudy and I don't mean a little bit, I can't see the bottom of it for a good few hours!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:56 am
Full Throttle

stevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond reputestevemich has a reputation beyond repute

15 degrees!!!!

thats on NSW central coast with no pool cover or heating...

so looks like we have another few months till we can use it!!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Just paid $85 for 4 bags salt, one sunscreen and a pool thermometer- get my salt from the pool shop, as the cost in petrol to get up to bunnings and back probably offsets the price difference.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Just paid $85 for 4 bags salt, one sunscreen and a pool thermometer- get my salt from the pool shop, as the cost in petrol to get up to bunnings and back probably offsets the price difference.
I think the sales of pool thermometers might go up just from people reading this thread! I bought one today too
Old Sep 27th 2010, 6:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the sales of pool thermometers might go up just from people reading this thread! I bought one today too
We've had about six pool thermometers since we've had the pool. They've all read 30 degrees regardless of the actual temperature. Total waste of time and money. The foot test works best.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 7:03 am
BE Forum Addict

5.05pm now on the Gold Coast and the pool is 23 degrees (will it is on the top, bet further down its about minus 2)
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:32 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
We've had about six pool thermometers since we've had the pool. They've all read 30 degrees regardless of the actual temperature. Total waste of time and money. The foot test works best.
Six thermomiters all stating the same 30 degrees! ...

I don't profess that they are accurate, and I wouldn't jump in on the grounds of what it states, but at the same time I can see it rise and keep a rough idea of how warm or cold it is, just like the ambient ...

Came home to water a touch under 24C
Old Sep 27th 2010, 8:56 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Doesnt anybody have a temp reading on their solar system? Ours gives roof temperature & pool temp as well.

its reading "BLOODY FREEZING !!!!!" at the moment.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Six thermomiters all stating the same 30 degrees! ...

I don't profess that they are accurate, and I wouldn't jump in on the grounds of what it states, but at the same time I can see it rise and keep a rough idea of how warm or cold it is, just like the ambient ...

Came home to water a touch under 24C
From memory yes. Even when we put one in the pool one winter, bizarre so we don't bother. Temp on the verandah was 25 today, no idea about the pool, looks pretty though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.