Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:05 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is the temperature of your pool now?

The 'What is the temperature where you are now?' thread triggered this so thought i'd start one for pool owners, and anyone else interested. We can monitor from this when and where in Australia we're using our pools ...

What IS the temp of your pool now, and are you in it yet?

This way not yet, pool temp is hovering around the 20C and peaked last week at 23C with the sun on it for a few days.

I've said i'll be in by end of the month ...
Old Sep 19th 2010, 11:13 am
Account Closed

Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Ok, this is a cheap pool shop thermo, and surface temp as that's where it floats ... but this was the peak from last summer ...

Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Judging by the colour of the sky and the air temperature this week the pool is bloody cold. I don't have a thermometer, but that's my considered opinion.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 1:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Judging by the colour of the sky and the air temperature this week the pool is bloody cold. I don't have a thermometer, but that's my considered opinion.
For now it is...
Old Sep 19th 2010, 1:45 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
The 'What is the temperature where you are now?' thread triggered this so thought i'd start one for pool owners, and anyone else interested. We can monitor from this when and where in Australia we're using our pools ...

This way not yet, pool temp is hovering around the 20C and peaked last week at 23C with the sun on it for a few days.

Is it an above ground pool? You could light a fire under it with your leff over Red Gum, that should do it.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 2:41 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Is it an above ground pool? You could light a fire under it with your leff over Red Gum, that should do it.
In ground i'm afraid, but a good call all the same ...

Don't worry, nature will warm it in due course ... Am sure there's others on this island using theirs already tho?
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:35 pm
Banned

mohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to beholdmohogony is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

http://www.pool-help.com/wp-content/...ozen-pool2.jpg

Last edited by mohogony; Sep 19th 2010 at 8:39 pm.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Mine is still covered up- at the height of summer it only got up to 28. I go in when it gets to 24, for a few minutes only, as I get numb in a nanosecond. Hopefully in about a month I'll dip my toe in.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 9:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

The pool is 20 degrees on the surface thermo.

We've just moved in and the pool man is coming today to show us how it all works.

It has solar heating too. So hopefully we'll get the temp up soon enough for a swim.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute

I could do with a pump to move the hot water from the spa in to the cold pool!
Old Sep 19th 2010, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

Ours is around 18 (Sydney).
Turned the solar heating pump on last weekend and saw a nice fountain of water up on the roof.
We have a kind of electric fence which is supposed to stop the cockies chewing the rubber hosing but one must have got through!
Phoned the solar heating man last Monday, he hasn't turned up yet; obviously has plenty of new business that he'd rather be doing!

Hope to be swimming sometime in October once we get heating!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Nick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to beholdNick11 is a splendid one to behold

Ours is 15 degrees. Can't see us getting in the pool before xmas if the weather predictions are to be believed!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
The pool is 20 degrees on the surface thermo.

We've just moved in and the pool man is coming today to show us how it all works.

It has solar heating too. So hopefully we'll get the temp up soon enough for a swim.

Pool man failed to pitch.

He's coming tomorrow , but rain forecast for the next few days, so no hope of solar heating it just yet.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:19 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nick11
Ours is 15 degrees. Can't see us getting in the pool before xmas if the weather predictions are to be believed!!!!!
Old Sep 20th 2010, 6:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by steve`o
You been in yet Steve?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.