Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Just gone and spent $78 on salt, stabilizer, acid, chlorine.

The guy at the shop said they don't supply sunshine but assured me the rain won't last too long.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 1:46 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Just gone and spent $78 on salt, stabilizer, acid, chlorine.

The guy at the shop said they don't supply sunshine but assured me the rain won't last too long.
$78 aint bad but you shoulda went to my local pool shop. He does sunshine for $25 per half day ...
Old Sep 21st 2010, 6:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Sun is coming out now.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 6:56 am
Account Closed

In ya go!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
In ya go!
My son is swimming now. It is just under 20 degs.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:50 am
Account Closed

My son is swimming now. It is just under 20 degs.
Ouch!

Reminds me of our first dip in our first pool. Was the 29th of July and water temp was 16C ...

In and out in 3 seconds flat ...lol

I DO remember tho it being 'ok' when it got to 20 odd, but that was 7 months into the country and we hadn't acclimatised. Now it needs to be almost 30C before the missus goes in ...
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:07 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

I would still estimate our pool being no warmer than 10 degrees at the moment.

But to be fair, the daytime temp hasnt been over 15 yet

I know as much as anybody being in the horticulture trade, that we need the rain, and not too warm at this time of year, but IM BLOODY FED UP WITH IT !!!!!!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by furkew
that we need the rain
Yeah funny you don't hear that line anymore ... "oh but we need it!"
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:07 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah funny you don't hear that line anymore ... "oh but we need it!"
I am still hearing that from a few local growers, but most have full dams & tanks and are getting fed up wading through the mud in the paddocks.

Friends in Deniliquin have seen the river rise 2.5m in the last few weeks, and another friend locally in excavating, has work coming out of his ears, but cant do half the work because its too muddy around here, and he'll ruin drains/landscaping/driveways.

I've pumped at least 10,000 ltrs out of my pool in the last 2 months because it keeps overflowing & im worried it will start eating away the grout due to the salt & chlorine in the water
Old Sep 21st 2010, 12:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by furkew
I've pumped at least 10,000 ltrs out of my pool in the last 2 months because it keeps overflowing & im worried it will start eating away the grout due to the salt & chlorine in the water

When we had some real heavy rain a while back I kept an eye on my pool level, but no matter how much it fell, it'd rise quick, but once about an inch from the top it'd stop! I kept checking to see where it'd overflow to in the garden, but it must have some kind of overflow built into it as it never happened.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 5:54 am
Just Joined

comet10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by neil248
gold coast here. unheated pool and cold but kids still went in
We've got friends staying with us and their kids have been in the pool nearly every day for the past 2 weeks!!
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 6:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by comet10
We've got friends staying with us and their kids have been in the pool nearly every day for the past 2 weeks!!
As long as it's not you!

21 degs today.

The solar heating is starting to work even though it's been cloudy this week.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 5:22 am
Account Closed

Warming up now the sun's on it ...

Old Sep 24th 2010, 6:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're lucky. Still 21 here.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:09 am
Account Closed

You're lucky. Still 21 here.
Tin foil all round your garden, that's the trick! ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.