Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Nov 7th 2010, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

26 today, according to my son.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
Off to the pool shop to sort it out for the warmer weather. We have not got a pool thermometer but I will get one today so I can join in this very interesting thread

I was talking to friends the other day and one of them mentioned the pool shop had told her not to buy the cheap salt from Bunnings/Kmart etc as it is poor quality and can actually damage your pool. So, she buys it from him at a premium.

I am a bit suspicious of his advice though so wondered what you all use in your pools? Do you buy the cheap stuff or get quality stuff from the pool shops.

Our pool is pebblecrete with a crystal clear chlorinator by the way.
Used to be a pool man and the chemicals are better from pool shops but salt is salt unless it's been de-ionized too. Salt, sodium hydro-chloride, is broken down by the high frequency current passed thro the chlorinator cell breaking the salt into hydrogen and chlorine. And chlorine keeps the salt from going green.
As you have a pebblecrete pool make sure you keep the calcium level up or the water will leach the calcium from the pebble creat and weaken the structure and leave ugly white calcium deposits.

Use stabiler too as it is sunscreen for the chlorine which gets burnt off by the sun which is why is best to run the pool in the evening and morning.

Oh and depending on location and heating system and pool volume will dictate your pools temp. In-laws have blanket and solar and I got it upto 30 last week
Old Nov 7th 2010, 9:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

mine was 28 today with just the blanket on

Just one thing...anyone know how to get rid of ducks!! (apart from eating them that is )
Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond reputedenzil73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
mine was 28 today with just the blanket on

Just one thing...anyone know how to get rid of ducks!! (apart from eating them that is )
There used to be a product called, wait for it 'Duck Off' it makes the water less bouyant or causes the ducks feathers to water log so they start to sink and get out quick. Otherwise, a lattice of strings to stop em from landing.
Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:10 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil73
There used to be a product called Duck Off.....
did you mean to spell that with a F instead of D mate
Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by denzil73
There used to be a product called, wait for it 'Duck Off' it makes the water less bouyant or causes the ducks feathers to water log so they start to sink and get out quick. Otherwise, a lattice of strings to stop em from landing.
Yeah, I have seen that. Been looking everywhere for it this year and not seen it anywhere!

I will try the string idea, thanks
Old Nov 7th 2010, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

RichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud ofRichardP has much to be proud of

Here in the south west of France at this moment in time, my pool temp can only be described as ------- "spanner water" ------ jump in and it will surely ---- tighten your nuts -----
Old Nov 7th 2010, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

BigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud ofBigH68 has much to be proud of

our was 28 today....sweeet
Old Nov 9th 2010, 3:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

26 today. Might hop in later, but it's clouding over.
Old Nov 9th 2010, 8:46 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alfresco
26 today. Might hop in later, but it's clouding over.
Yeah mine's hovering around the 26 at the mo, not seen any higher.

Need a proper week or so of blue skies. Anyone remember them? ...
Old Nov 9th 2010, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Was in me mates last week and it was 36 or so All i needed was a bar of soap
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:28 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

even down here for us Mexicans its warming up nicely.

Outside temperature 28/29 and 25 degrees in the pool.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 7:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

27 today.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 10:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
27 today.
Checked mine after work tonight and same - 27C ...
Old Nov 12th 2010, 7:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Checked mine after work tonight and same - 27C ...
Holding 27C

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.