Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Sep 24th 2010, 7:33 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
If you get in it at the temp your nads will disappear quicker than you can say
"Wheres me bollocks" instantly turning you into a soprano
Old Sep 24th 2010, 8:46 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve`o
If you get in it at the temp your nads will disappear quicker than you can say
"Wheres me bollocks" instantly turning you into a soprano
... well we did 16C in July once so i'm in by end of the month. Just need a weeks worth of sun on it and we'll be right! ...
Old Sep 24th 2010, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

... well we did 16C in July once so i'm in by end of the month. Just need a weeks worth of sun on it and we'll be right! ...
You had a woodburner going this winter. Not convinced you'll be in for longer than a couple of minutes.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 9:29 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You had a woodburner going this winter. Not convinced you'll be in for longer than a couple of minutes.
I make you right on that one, but it won't kill me will it, so a quick dip is a start ...
Old Sep 24th 2010, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I make you right on that one, but it won't kill me will it, so a quick dip is a start ...

...and?
Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:03 am
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Have to confess my madness, had a pool put in in Jan and I have swum every single day ( bar 2 weeks in England) Come rain or shine although less of the shine as I do my 30 odd laps at about 0545 in the morning!!! Madness is only highlighted when I am in the pool and it is peeing down with rain!! Put it down to OCD!!
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
...and?
and what?

Originally Posted by vivi
Have to confess my madness, had a pool put in in Jan and I have swum every single day ( bar 2 weeks in England) Come rain or shine although less of the shine as I do my 30 odd laps at about 0545 in the morning!!! Madness is only highlighted when I am in the pool and it is peeing down with rain!! Put it down to OCD!!
Where are you? ... and yeah one of the best exercises apparently ...
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

and what?

Never mind, I've lost my train of thought.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Never mind, I've lost my train of thought.
What's the pool temp anyway?

Hovering around the 22C mark here but hardly any sun about at the mo as you know.

A week of sun and we'll be off I reckon.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hovering around the 22C mark here but hardly any sun about at the mo as you know.

21 still, but looks like it might be sunny today and hotting up next week.

Hopefully soon.

Our son has swam everyday so far. He seems to enjoying it.
Old Sep 25th 2010, 10:17 pm
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

you`ll be able to sing along with this guy then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDh_L9JU5dQ
Old Sep 25th 2010, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

21 still, but looks like it might be sunny today and hotting up next week.

Hopefully soon.

Our son has swam everyday so far. He seems to enjoying it.
On 22C now but as you say we got a bit of sunshine it appears ...

Hoping to see 24C today and if we don't get the predicted storms this arvo I could very well have a dip.

Originally Posted by steve`o
you`ll be able to sing along with this guy then

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDh_L9JU5dQ
Nutter! ...
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:47 am
Account Closed

Too tempting to just sit and look at today.

Sure it was cold for first 10 seconds, but after that it wasn't too bad. Actually it was quite pleasant after about 5 and stayed in for about 20 mins, and had another dip an hour or so later ...

Water temp peaked at 23C
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:46 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

I went down to our pool this morning, and did a bit of a clean up. Cleared the leaves & twigs all around it from the storms the last few weeks, set the solar to summer cycle and got the creepy crawly going.

The water was 13 degrees.

An hour later my 2 boys & one of their mates came down with their bathers on. I told them they were absolutely bonkers.

They dived in, and didnt even finish a lap before they all got out

They did it again 5 minutes later and did finish a lap, but that was their swim for the day.

Weather got up th 20 degrees, and the pool was up the 15 by the end of the day. Still a few weeks yet before I even think about dipping my big toe in,
Old Sep 26th 2010, 8:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
I went down to our pool this morning, and did a bit of a clean up. Cleared the leaves & twigs all around it from the storms the last few weeks, set the solar to summer cycle and got the creepy crawly going.

The water was 13 degrees.

An hour later my 2 boys & one of their mates came down with their bathers on. I told them they were absolutely bonkers.

They dived in, and didnt even finish a lap before they all got out

They did it again 5 minutes later and did finish a lap, but that was their swim for the day.

Weather got up th 20 degrees, and the pool was up the 15 by the end of the day. Still a few weeks yet before I even think about dipping my big toe in,
Pretty much the same here - 16 degrees and full of dead flies at the minute

We're just giving ours a good clean, will put the pool cover back on and fix the leaky parts of the solar heating. Expect to be able to use it within the next month (that's only if the OH gets on the roof and fixes the solar heating in the next 3 weeks )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.