British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   What is the temperature of your pool now? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/what-temperature-your-pool-now-686036/)

PaulandNic Sep 19th 2010 11:05 am

What is the temperature of your pool now?

The 'What is the temperature where you are now?' thread triggered this so thought i'd start one for pool owners, and anyone else interested. We can monitor from this when and where in Australia we're using our pools ... :unsure:

What IS the temp of your pool now, and are you in it yet?

This way not yet, pool temp is hovering around the 20C and peaked last week at 23C with the sun on it for a few days.

I've said i'll be in by end of the month ... :eek:

PaulandNic Sep 19th 2010 11:13 am

Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Ok, this is a cheap pool shop thermo, and surface temp as that's where it floats ... but this was the peak from last summer ...

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u...untitled-3.jpg

:)

moneypenny20 Sep 19th 2010 12:28 pm

Judging by the colour of the sky and the air temperature this week the pool is bloody cold. I don't have a thermometer, but that's my considered opinion. ;)

PaulandNic Sep 19th 2010 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 (Post 8859302)
Judging by the colour of the sky and the air temperature this week the pool is bloody cold. I don't have a thermometer, but that's my considered opinion. ;)

For now it is...

Sherlock Holmes Sep 19th 2010 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 8859177)
The 'What is the temperature where you are now?' thread triggered this so thought i'd start one for pool owners, and anyone else interested. We can monitor from this when and where in Australia we're using our pools ... :unsure:

This way not yet, pool temp is hovering around the 20C and peaked last week at 23C with the sun on it for a few days.

Is it an above ground pool? You could light a fire under it with your leff over Red Gum, that should do it. :)

PaulandNic Sep 19th 2010 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by alistairboyle (Post 8859448)
Is it an above ground pool? You could light a fire under it with your leff over Red Gum, that should do it. :)

In ground i'm afraid, but a good call all the same ... :D

Don't worry, nature will warm it in due course ... :) Am sure there's others on this island using theirs already tho?

mohogony Sep 19th 2010 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by PaulandNic (Post 8859177)

:scaredhair::scaredhair::scaredhair:
http://www.pool-help.com/wp-content/...ozen-pool2.jpg

carolinephillips Sep 19th 2010 9:06 pm

Mine is still covered up- at the height of summer it only got up to 28. I go in when it gets to 24, for a few minutes only, as I get numb in a nanosecond. Hopefully in about a month I'll dip my toe in.

Alfresco Sep 19th 2010 9:19 pm

The pool is 20 degrees on the surface thermo.

We've just moved in and the pool man is coming today to show us how it all works.

It has solar heating too. So hopefully we'll get the temp up soon enough for a swim. :thumbup:

Red_V_Roger Sep 19th 2010 10:34 pm

I could do with a pump to move the hot water from the spa in to the cold pool!

killerhales Sep 19th 2010 10:47 pm

Ours is around 18 (Sydney).
Turned the solar heating pump on last weekend and saw a nice fountain of water up on the roof.
We have a kind of electric fence which is supposed to stop the cockies chewing the rubber hosing but one must have got through!
Phoned the solar heating man last Monday, he hasn't turned up yet; obviously has plenty of new business that he'd rather be doing!

Hope to be swimming sometime in October once we get heating!

Nick11 Sep 20th 2010 4:06 am

Ours is 15 degrees. Can't see us getting in the pool before xmas if the weather predictions are to be believed!!!!!:thumbdown:

Alfresco Sep 20th 2010 4:58 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8860109)
The pool is 20 degrees on the surface thermo.

We've just moved in and the pool man is coming today to show us how it all works.

It has solar heating too. So hopefully we'll get the temp up soon enough for a swim. :thumbup:

Pool man failed to pitch. :rolleyes:

He's coming tomorrow :fingerscrossed:, but rain forecast for the next few days, so no hope of solar heating it just yet.

steve`o Sep 20th 2010 6:19 am

Originally Posted by Nick11 (Post 8860683)
Ours is 15 degrees. Can't see us getting in the pool before xmas if the weather predictions are to be believed!!!!!:thumbdown:

21;)

PaulandNic Sep 20th 2010 6:24 am

Originally Posted by steve`o (Post 8860814)
21;)

You been in yet Steve?