Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Nov 19th 2012, 4:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Well with new method I'm up to 28C now. Have left the thermo at the surface for a while to check the temp there.

Feels quite nice too! ...
Mine was a lovely 27 yesterday. My sister and I were in for a very short dip.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 6:31 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Mine was a lovely 27 yesterday. My sister and I were in for a very short dip.
Yeah def just about right for me at the mo, another few degree's for OH still.
Old Nov 19th 2012, 9:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Well with new method I'm up to 28C now. Have left the thermo at the surface for a while to check the temp there.

Feels quite nice too! ...
Did the icy hail not cool it down?
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Did the icy hail not cool it down?
Didn't see any of that round here thankfully ...
Old Nov 21st 2012, 5:08 pm
Account Closed

28C during the day and not long out of the pool for a night / early morn dip. Only dropped to 27C so with the ambient being 20C, it felt warmer in the pool than out ...
Old Nov 30th 2012, 3:27 am
Account Closed

30C
Old Dec 1st 2012, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My pool actually got up to 28 degrees- the hottest it has been since we moved in nearly 4 years ago!! Lovely after a day sweltering in 42 degrees in Penrith.
Old Dec 2nd 2012, 3:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
My pool actually got up to 28 degrees- the hottest it has been since we moved in nearly 4 years ago!! Lovely after a day sweltering in 42 degrees in Penrith.
I had 33C on old pool thermo last year, but reckon it was 2C above what it actually was.

Am up to 30C with new thermo already, and reckon we could get to the 32/33C mark again as it's def gonna be a hot Summer!

Makes the pool so worthwhile when it's like this tho! ...
Old Dec 5th 2012, 5:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

28 at about 4' below the surface but a blistering 34 on the top. The old man turned the pump on for about 15 minutes before I got in and it was perfect. The only thing that may have spoilt my swim last night was the giant huntsman sitting on the patio watching me.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Down to 24 degrees today. Nice.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Pool temp was 31C yesterday, but back down to 30C today.

Getting used quite a bit too at the mo inc at night, which is good to see! ...
Old Dec 5th 2012, 11:10 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Pool temp was 31C yesterday, but back down to 30C today.

Getting used quite a bit too at the mo inc at night, which is good to see! ...
yep strangely enough despite it being 38c yesterday and 34c today, our pool has cooled from 28c to 26c. Must be the dry air allowing heat to get away quicker or something
Old Dec 5th 2012, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bingobob777
yep strangely enough despite it being 38c yesterday and 34c today, our pool has cooled from 28c to 26c. Must be the dry air allowing heat to get away quicker or something
Yeah def a lot more of a breeze today, and only really noticed when you get out of the pool! ...

Warmer in it than out till you're dry.
Old Dec 5th 2012, 12:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
The only thing that may have spoilt my swim last night was the giant huntsman sitting on the patio watching me.
Nic was in last night and altho the pool has 2 lights, she'll still have the spotlight on the garden for fear of snakes coming for a swim with her ... ... altho in all honesty I have found one in the skimmer box before ...

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Down to 24 degrees today. Nice.
Yeah you def have a lower 'ideal' than me as even today with a tad under 30C it still felt a bit cold stepping in ... ... altho in an ideal world I'd dive in, but got weak arms and have to go easy.

About a min after getting in tho it's lovely at the mo ...
Old Dec 7th 2012, 6:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I use my pool to give me temporary hypothermia- as I have MS I can't let myself get too hot, so when I've been gardening, for example, I get in up to my neck for 10 mins or so, and then I'm cool for a few hours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.