Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:08 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
These days above 24C odd is do-able
Ta da! ... 24C

Will have a dip over the weekend I reckon.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:28 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

I've hit 23.5C.... but right on queue the f*&ker has gone green and filled with algae again!

(I seem to have a choice - leave the cover off and have a clear, pristine, chemically balanced but freezing pool - or put the cover on and let it warm up to somewhere close to usable, but have it a nasty sludgy green mess! - I HATE my pool!)
Old Sep 20th 2012, 5:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DadAgain
I've hit 23.5C.... but right on queue the f*&ker has gone green and filled with algae again!

(I seem to have a choice - leave the cover off and have a clear, pristine, chemically balanced but freezing pool - or put the cover on and let it warm up to somewhere close to usable, but have it a nasty sludgy green mess! - I HATE my pool!)
Well I've hit 24C today and there's no cover on the pool at all. Saying that I face north and get the sun on the pool all day now so it'll hopefully climb from now on.

I threw 2 bags of salt in a few days ago, and a cup of chlorine in yesterday and the water's looking lovely and clear today, will get it checked over the weekend to be sure, but all good from what I can see.
Old Sep 20th 2012, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Ours is 22.9C at the moment and according to the spreadsheet I'm maintaining, if the temp increase trend maintains a linear growth, it'll be ready to swim in (I.e. 30C) by mid-October.

Swimming at 20C?? Are you mad?
pfft, I've been in the Irish sea at Blackpool when it's been alot colder than that
Old Sep 20th 2012, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Mine was 16 degrees- I went in yesterday as I'd got really hot from gardening. Did two laps and got out again. Brrrrrr!
Old Sep 21st 2012, 6:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinephillips
Mine was 16 degrees- I went in yesterday as I'd got really hot from gardening. Did two laps and got out again. Brrrrrr!
Yeah have swam in 16C once before, never again tho! ...

22C still here.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

One more week of our pool then we're moving. Suppose I had better clean it before we leave!
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 6:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Alfresco
One more week of our pool then we're moving. Suppose I had better clean it before we leave!
Have you been in recently?
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 9:41 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was up to 19 today. I've put the cover back on so it's warm up a bit over the next week or 2.
Old Sep 22nd 2012, 10:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Have you been in recently?
Nope. Busy packing. Doesn't feel that cold. I'll check tomorrow, but I reckon 22 degrees.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 8:06 am
Account Closed

Currently 22C, and the water is looking lovely and clear with it ...

Haven't checked the water with the pool shop for ages so will take a sample in over the weekend.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 10:42 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully warm enough to get in on Sunday. It's forecast to go up to 34 here so may want to open the pool this weekend.
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Hopefully warm enough to get in on Sunday. It's forecast to go up to 34 here so may want to open the pool this weekend.
A few days at them temps and your pool will be sorted! ...
Old Sep 29th 2012, 1:46 am
Account Closed

On the climb...

Old Sep 29th 2012, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

Got it up to 19 degrees two days ago thanks to the newly refurbished gas heater. Took 2 hours!! (about $6 worth) Then I went in for 20 mins- mostly cleaning it, but a few laps, chasing the leaves as the gums hurled them in the water. DD and her friend spent 30 mins paddling and chatting.

It is back down to 17 today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.