Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Nov 12th 2011, 11:14 am
Just Joined

Patfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant future
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

30 degrees today - at least that was what the thermometer said floating on the surface. My 4 year old boy dipped his toe in and said it was too cold yet my three year old daughter jumped right in off the edge and she can't even swim yet we eventually stayed in for about an hour and had a hard job to get the kids out
Old Nov 13th 2011, 3:13 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by furkew
got her up to 26 degrees today. Friends locally have double the amount of solar than required for the pool size, and they were up to 32 degrees the other day.

I'm thinking about maybe getting a quote to extend the solar
Well I not long ago got solar 'leccy' (only 1.5kw) and it's took my quarterly bill from $750 odd to $450 at the mo (lot of sun around ... ) ... but having the extra month or so either side (plus hotter temps obv) is 'appealing' let's say ...

Originally Posted by Patfink
30 degrees today - at least that was what the thermometer said floating on the surface.
Tis all we can go on, unless we're willing to spend 'proper' money on telling us what it is.

I'm happy with my $10 thermo, albeit I reckon it's +1C, but I see it go from 16C and lower to the current 30C it's on right now, and my body feels the diff too, and enjoy's the current ...

Not long now for a 'night time' dip, def warm enough now. I checked at 1am this morn before bed and was still holding 28C (hit 30C too yesterday).

Should've got in but had a heap of BB to watch ...

All good! ...
Old Nov 13th 2011, 3:14 am
Account Closed

Oh and I reckon it's almost time for Vim to get his out? ...
Old Nov 13th 2011, 4:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
Oh and I reckon it's almost time for Vim to get his out? ...
He has to de-grunge it first.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

Patfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant futurePatfink has a brilliant future

I'm happy with my $10 thermo,

Yeah they are a good guide before you jump-in. We only got our pool this year so obviously couldn't wait to try it out, it was only showing 18 degrees on the thermo at the time so I persuaded the missus to jump in - she swam one lap and would have beaten Ian Thorpe to the over end.
Old Nov 13th 2011, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

killerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud ofkillerhales has much to be proud of

I'm happy with my $10 thermo,

Yeah they are a good guide before you jump-in. We only got our pool this year so obviously couldn't wait to try it out, it was only showing 18 degrees on the thermo at the time so I persuaded the missus to jump in - she swam one lap and would have beaten Ian Thorpe to the over end.
27.5 on Sunday and first proper swim. My wife likes it warmer though, so the solar heating will be kept working
Old Nov 14th 2011, 5:07 am
Account Closed

it was only showing 18 degrees on the thermo at the time so I persuaded the missus to jump in - she swam one lap and would have beaten Ian Thorpe to the over end.
... well our record is 16C, as in lowest we've swam in, and NEVER again!!

Pool's sittin on 29C at the mo, which is good enough for me! ...
Old Nov 14th 2011, 5:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by killerhales
27.5 on Sunday and first proper swim. My wife likes it warmer though, so the solar heating will be kept working

Mine is happy with anything over 24 degrees, might have to stick the thermo in my cup of tea next time its below 20 degrees and have a bit of a laugh.
Old Nov 14th 2011, 6:31 am
Account Closed

Mine is happy with anything over 24 degrees, might have to stick the thermo in my cup of tea next time its below 20 degrees and have a bit of a laugh.
Mine - over 30C but IS in now ...

Me anything over 20C is dooable, but body seems happier with 24C +

Just leave the thermo out in the sun 10 mins prior to showing her ...
Old Nov 14th 2011, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Mine - over 30C but IS in now ...

Me anything over 20C is dooable, but body seems happier with 24C +

Just leave the thermo out in the sun 10 mins prior to showing her ...
Old Nov 15th 2011, 5:36 am
Account Closed

After seeing 34C on a thermo on the highway @ 14.38 I just KNEW we was gonna smash the 30C today!

Got home @ 16.00 and a pool temp of 31C ...
Old Nov 16th 2011, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

After seeing 34C on a thermo on the highway @ 14.38 I just KNEW we was gonna smash the 30C today!

Got home @ 16.00 and a pool temp of 31C ...
Will check ours again tonight when I swim.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
It's still packed up in the garage.

30 outside now though so it's getting close to installation time.
What sort of pool have you got Vim? Inflatable or framed?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:31 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spartacus
What sort of pool have you got Vim? Inflatable or framed?
Framed ... one of these, about 14,000L ...

It's a faff to put put and fill but essential for the summer here. It's an ideal height for our 6 year old to walk around in and generally mess around.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 2:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Framed ... one of these, about 14,000L ...

http://www.intexcorp.com/images/AGP/18x48_250.jpg

It's a faff to put put and fill but essential for the summer here. It's an ideal height for our 6 year old to walk around in and generally mess around.
Been thinking about getting something similar. Is it something you take down in the cooler months? Does it need to be installed over some sort of protective layer or just straight onto grass?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.