Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Nov 1st 2011, 11:53 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Originally Posted by Alfresco
That's a funny temp.
Or just a lack of ...
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:08 am
Account Closed

Currently 27C and lovely! ...
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 5:24 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Dont know about temperature....

but its green and cloudy

I decided this weekend to 'summer-ize': scoop out the leafy crap and chuck in a barrel-load of chemicals to get it back to life.

Unfortunately whilst attempting to suck out the nasty brown leafy sludge, the pump died.

I'm now tossing up between $990 for a 'energy efficient' pump from the local supplier or $650 for one from an online supplier... (Energy efficient pumps claim to save $500 a year in electricty costs AND attract a $250 ENergex rebate at the moment?!)

Can I fit a pool pump myself?... Its only a bit of PVC piping after all?

Following my complete failure to fix a lawn-mower (currently running on the 'borrow the father-in-laws' mower plan to get me through the summer) - my confidence (and bank balance) is feeling a bit low.... time will tell.

Last edited by DadAgain; Nov 2nd 2011 at 5:27 am.
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 6:53 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Dont know about temperature....

but its green and cloudy

I decided this weekend to 'summer-ize': scoop out the leafy crap and chuck in a barrel-load of chemicals to get it back to life.

Unfortunately whilst attempting to suck out the nasty brown leafy sludge, the pump died.

I'm now tossing up between $990 for a 'energy efficient' pump from the local supplier or $650 for one from an online supplier... (Energy efficient pumps claim to save $500 a year in electricty costs AND attract a $250 ENergex rebate at the moment?!)

Can I fit a pool pump myself?... Its only a bit of PVC piping after all?

Following my complete failure to fix a lawn-mower (currently running on the 'borrow the father-in-laws' mower plan to get me through the summer) - my confidence (and bank balance) is feeling a bit low.... time will tell.
My pump was making a bit too much of a whiring sound recently so grabbed the spare that the people we bought the house from left with us.

Dunno your type, but this was a piece of p to change, and all quiet now ...

Unplug from AC, unscrew big plastic nuts at inlet and outlet, and swap.

Too easy! ...
Old Nov 5th 2011, 12:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

24 degrees and the pump was fixed yesterday. Will see how it goes from now.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 3:11 am
Account Closed

24 degrees and the pump was fixed yesterday. Will see how it goes from now.
Dunno bout today but it hit 29C on Thursday! ...
Old Nov 10th 2011, 4:17 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

..Can I fit a pool pump myself?... Its only a bit of PVC piping after all?
New pump arrived - and it was a different height to the old one, so not quite as trivial a 'swap' as I'd hoped.

Fortunately father-in-law was bored and wanted to be useful - so he spent a couple of hours buying PVC piping + angle joints + connectors and then measuring, cutting and glueing.

Good news is the new pump runs like a dream - its super-quiet and when on its highest setting it really really sucks! Pool is no longer green, filter is now succesfully backwashed and I predict after today will be chemically valid too...

Its been an ordeal!

Lessons learnt: Next time cut down the trees before they grow too big and drop tons of shit in the pool!... Weekend of fun ahead with the chainsaw again I think....
Old Nov 10th 2011, 6:40 am
Account Closed

Its been an ordeal!
That's swimming pools for ya! ... but glad you've got it sorted ...

30C during the day, and just got out of it ... 29C still ...
Old Nov 10th 2011, 10:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

29 today.

Haven't been in yet.
Old Nov 10th 2011, 11:31 am
Account Closed

29 today.

Haven't been in yet.
If you own the house, i'd fill the ****a in!

If you're not using by now, why bother ?!?!
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
If you own the house, i'd fill the ****a in!

If you're not using by now, why bother ?!?!
Well weekend coming up. It was cold at the beginning of the week, so I'll get some time tomorrow.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just been in. 30 Degrees. Beautiful.
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:22 am
Account Closed

Just been in. 30 Degrees. Beautiful.
Should think so too! ...

Same water temp this way, just over, and yeah lovely at the mo ...
Old Nov 12th 2011, 6:37 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

kids in and out of the pool the last couple of weeks.

had to pump out a few thousand litres this morning after the 50mm of rain we had on Wednesday.

got her up to 26 degrees today. Friends locally have double the amount of solar than required for the pool size, and they were up to 32 degrees the other day.

I'm thinking about maybe getting a quote to extend the solar
Old Nov 12th 2011, 9:49 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know what the temperature was, but it was warm enough for me to get in and have a 1/2 hour swim.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.