Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What is the temperature of your pool now?

What is the temperature of your pool now?

Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:09 am
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What is the temperature of your pool now?

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yep quite a bit of sun. Had the pump on most of the day too, so probably mixed through quite a bit.

I'm not getting in though!
Yeah makes all the diff. Thankfully once we're into Spring and the sun rises it clears the bush we back onto, but in the Winter they call our side of the street Dullsville as the garden don't see much sunshine, and as I say the pools pretty much in the shade all day at the mo.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:22 am
Account Closed

My current pool temp gauge is looking a bit worse for wear, and TBH I reckon it's a good 1 or 2 above 'real' temp anyway, so just having a lil look for a replacement.

TBH i'm not sure we'll still be here for the next summer, but if so I might get one of these...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Swimming-...ht_4214wt_1163

Old Aug 5th 2012, 1:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic
My current pool temp gauge is looking a bit worse for wear, and TBH I reckon it's a good 1 or 2 above 'real' temp anyway, so just having a lil look for a replacement.

TBH i'm not sure we'll still be here for the next summer, but if so I might get one of these...

Looks cool. I want one.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:03 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

f**king freezing
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:32 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PaulandNic

Sorry to hear you are selling Paul, its a lovely house.
Old Aug 5th 2012, 2:51 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
Sorry to hear you are selling Paul, its a lovely house.
Grit of me teeth!
Old Sep 11th 2012, 5:25 am
Account Closed

Dig this ole chestnut out...

21C at the mo and i'm even gonna clear out the leaves and crap as I could be in soon ...
Old Sep 11th 2012, 6:58 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ours was 16 on Sunday. We had to take the cover off as I couldn't get the chlorine to go down so it's not going to warm up much any time soon. So long as it's nice and warm for my sister's visit in November it's all good.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

You know what? I have no clue. The husband tells me it's cold and that's good enough for me. I judge it by when he gets in. I then leave it about six weeks.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

20 degrees, but we're moving to a house with no pool soon. Probably buy a baby pool from bunnings to soak in.

It'll be much warmer than this monstrosity.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 7:43 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ours was 16 on Sunday. We had to take the cover off as I couldn't get the chlorine to go down so it's not going to warm up much any time soon. So long as it's nice and warm for my sister's visit in November it's all good.
Yeah will be lovely in November for your sister ...

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
You know what? I have no clue. The husband tells me it's cold and that's good enough for me. I judge it by when he gets in. I then leave it about six weeks.
... altho that's about the time diff between me and Nic getting in.

Originally Posted by Alfresco
20 degrees, but we're moving to a house with no pool soon. Probably buy a baby pool from bunnings to soak in.

It'll be much warmer than this monstrosity.
We had a baby pool type of thing when at Ormeau. Prob 7' of useable diamiter and about 2' deep. Wasn't brill, but good enough for a cool down on the hot days.

Have been out in the garden since last post and have cleaned the pool out. 19.5C as of about 10 mins ago.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

Ours is 20c and that's the signal, kids were in for an hour on Sunday. 7 months of pool time ahead now
Old Sep 15th 2012, 12:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by bingobob777
Ours is 20c and that's the signal, kids were in for an hour on Sunday. 7 months of pool time ahead now
20C here at the mo but after a hand in the pool, I can't bring myself to put the rest in quite yet.

All this sunshine tho and it won't be long! ...
Old Sep 15th 2012, 1:37 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Ours is 22.9C at the moment and according to the spreadsheet I'm maintaining, if the temp increase trend maintains a linear growth, it'll be ready to swim in (I.e. 30C) by mid-October.

Swimming at 20C?? Are you mad?
Old Sep 15th 2012, 1:45 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Ours is 22.9C at the moment and according to the spreadsheet I'm maintaining, if the temp increase trend maintains a linear growth, it'll be ready to swim in (I.e. 30C) by mid-October.

Swimming at 20C?? Are you mad?
I've swam in 16C pool temp, but it wasn't for long that's for sure ...

These days above 24C odd is do-able, but yeah won't be seeing anyone else in till it's high 20's.

Might be tempted to have a mad moment before then tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.