Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Old Apr 27th 2012, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all
Default Re: What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Originally Posted by Lois1
thanks for that mummy 3, we had our first guy come round yesterday and said we needed a 40ft, though only 2/3's full. Have you decided who you are going to use and who you felt offered the best/worse service?

Got to more coming next week and the last one on the 18th.

thanks again for keeping us updated
At the moment Masons but only if they agree to payment in arrears as we need to claim back from the company.
I really liked the girl from Crown but they were really expensive.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:52 am
Just Joined

Emily and Damon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Phil K
That is very helpfull Pollyana, Thank You

Yes Thank you Pollyana
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:55 am
Just Joined

Emily and Damon is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow loads of info now..... thanks everyone - we're waiting for several quotes to come back now...... I think AQIS is about $400, if I'm thinking of the right thing (quarantine inspection?) is that what most of you have been quoted?? and it's not normally included in the shipping quote from what we've found out ...!
Old Apr 27th 2012, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't usually combine shipping threads as the prices go out of date quickly, but as the same topic has come up over a dozen times in the last 3 weeks or so, on this occasion I've merged them all together to make it easier for people to find
Thanks. I found it.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Emily and Damon
Wow loads of info now..... thanks everyone - we're waiting for several quotes to come back now...... I think AQIS is about $400, if I'm thinking of the right thing (quarantine inspection?) is that what most of you have been quoted?? and it's not normally included in the shipping quote from what we've found out ...!
AQIS is the customs charge, a percentage of the volume. So varies, ours is quoted at $700
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

PamH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boxes to ship

Hi,
We are planning to immigrate round about Oct-Nov this year. We want to send boxes in advance before our main container. Anybody knows any company to use or idea how much per box and what not to put in the box to get through to customs.

Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2012, 9:46 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boxes to ship

Originally Posted by PamH
Hi,
We are planning to immigrate round about Oct-Nov this year. We want to send boxes in advance before our main container. Anybody knows any company to use or idea how much per box and what not to put in the box to get through to customs.

Thanks
Whichever company is doing the main shipping should be able to deal with the smaller shipment. Have a look also at Excess Baggage Co, Seven Seas and www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk who all deal in small shipments by air or sea.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 6:46 am
Just Joined

PamH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, does that cater to West Australia? as i heard they were very strict there so were worried about what to put in the box.
Old May 1st 2012, 11:59 am
Just Joined

australia11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default shipping quotes

Hi, looking at shipping firms, quotes etc, max size needed is 20ft container from nottingham to bunbury wa.
cheers...
Old May 1st 2012, 12:12 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PamH
Thanks, does that cater to West Australia? as i heard they were very strict there so were worried about what to put in the box.
WA is no different from any other State or Territory. They are all covered by AQIS. As long as there is no organic material on any thing, no unsealed food, no untreated, generally speaking you should be fine.
Old May 1st 2012, 7:41 pm
Waiting to be a grown-up

rasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond reputerasen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping quotes

Originally Posted by australia11
Hi, looking at shipping firms, quotes etc, max size needed is 20ft container from nottingham to bunbury wa.
cheers...
We're shipping 20ft from Notts to Adelaide. Had quotes ranging from £3700 (I think) to over £4k. Currently in negotiation with Anglo Pacific to reduce/match their quote as we like them the best. Going private with the insurance though.

Got quotes from

Anglo Pacific
Pickfords
and I think Britannia and PSS
Old May 2nd 2012, 10:01 am
Just Joined

NattLloyd is an unknown quantity at this point

We're using Pickfords, they averaged everyone else we got quotes off and I personally don't think it's down to the company as a name when things get broken in transit but more about the guys who do the packing and how they are packed... which is in all honesty luck of the draw on who packs your things.

We don't have expensive things in our u.k home at the moment so all we are taking is our couches and the tv's and about 10 boxes of personal belongings such as pictures, clothing, toys and dvds.

They have ikea in Melbourne and I can't see a difference in the price to ours when I've looked online so we're just buying everything new, we've put money aside to do so.
Old May 2nd 2012, 11:59 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NattLloyd
We're using Pickfords, they averaged everyone else we got quotes off and I personally don't think it's down to the company as a name when things get broken in transit but more about the guys who do the packing and how they are packed... which is in all honesty luck of the draw on who packs your things.

We don't have expensive things in our u.k home at the moment so all we are taking is our couches and the tv's and about 10 boxes of personal belongings such as pictures, clothing, toys and dvds.

They have ikea in Melbourne and I can't see a difference in the price to ours when I've looked online so we're just buying everything new, we've put money aside to do so.
Ikea stuff is more expensive here than the UK. Also do you really want to be doing a major major shop as well as finding a property, buying a car, sorting schools, jobs etc etc etc? Not telling you not to, maybe it's just me would die of horror having to do that.
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rasen78
We're shipping 20ft from Notts to Adelaide. Had quotes ranging from £3700 (I think) to over £4k. Currently in negotiation with Anglo Pacific to reduce/match their quote as we like them the best. Going private with the insurance though.

Got quotes from

Anglo Pacific
Pickfords
and I think Britannia and PSS

I'm sure you'll be fine........
Old May 2nd 2012, 12:07 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by Pollyana

I'm sure you'll be fine........
She's mention Anglo a few times now, each time I've wondered if you'd seen it or not!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.