Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Old Dec 6th 2011, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all
Question What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

It seems that we have narrowed it down to Doree Bonner and Anglo pacific, for shipping our goods to Perth from Scotland. Both similar prices and both seem professional enough.

Any thoughts/experience that people wish to share please?

thanks in advance
Old Dec 6th 2011, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: shipping companies - which one out of these two

Just pick one, the cheapest. There are good and bad tales of all the shippers and I have seen nothing to suggest that any one company should be avoided or preferred over others.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 10:52 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I have used Anglo Pacific three times, always been satisfied with their service and would recomend them. Their staff in the UK are always happy to answer any queries on the phone, reply to all emails promptly and generally like to help. The agents they use in Australia aren't so customer service focussed, but that's just the Australian way.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

We used Pickfords . . . they were excellent.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 7:55 am
Degenerate

lolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant futurelolcat has a brilliant future

Doree Bonner packed the contents of our home away for shipping last Wednesday.

So far very happy with the service, very professional, very quick and very focussed. They were the cheapest of our three quotes (John Mason, Pickfords, DB).

I would suggest looking at shipping insurance from Letton Percival though.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

pomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nicepomE is just really nice

Originally Posted by lolcat
Doree Bonner packed the contents of our home away for shipping last Wednesday.

So far very happy with the service, very professional, very quick and very focussed. They were the cheapest of our three quotes (John Mason, Pickfords, DB).

I would suggest looking at shipping insurance from Letton Percival though.
Another vote for Anglo Pacific
Old Dec 7th 2011, 10:46 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pomE
Another vote for Anglo Pacific
Anglo Pacific for me too.
Old Dec 7th 2011, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

wattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to allwattsbug is a name known to all

Thanks for sharing your experince and recommendations
Old Feb 29th 2012, 3:07 pm
Just Joined

brissiegal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SHIPPING - Wooden furniture

I have a large coffee table, dining table & chairs made from heavy solid timber plus a few other pieces of wooden furniture. Am I going to have to have my container fumigated to get it into Australia?
Old Feb 29th 2012, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SHIPPING - Wooden furniture

No. Most furniture is made of wood, it is not an issue.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 2:08 am
Almost more Oz than Pom

KJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond reputeKJCherokee has a reputation beyond repute

AQIS are very particular about wooden objects. I brought back a wooden dish which I turned many years ago from a piece of oak. The AQIS inspector noticed four small, evenly spaced holes in the base of it and immediately thought it was infested with worms or beetles: I explained that they were the remnants of the holes from the screws that held it on the lathe faceplate whilst I was turning it, but he still insisted it went for fumigation.

Don't try and bring wooden items in without declaring them - AQIS gets very stroppy about that!
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:11 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Declare them but they are unlikely to worry about them. AQIS are more interested in untreated wood, wicker etc. The vast majority of household furniture is made of treated wood and irrelevant to AQIS.
Old Mar 1st 2012, 3:39 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I have never had any issue with furniture, some AQIS officers are a bit anal but most seem to be sensible.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Den Den is an unknown quantity at this point
Default space needed in a container going to brisbane

Greetings i am looking for a small amount of space in a shipping container going to Brisbane,i need to transport two car bonnets for a triumph stag that a friend of mine is restoring in Brisbane.i am willing to pay for the space .
can anyone help?
Old Mar 6th 2012, 10:39 pm
Possum. Amiculum. Latrina

Turban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond reputeTurban Explorer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: space needed in a container going to brisbane

Originally Posted by Den Den
Greetings i am looking for a small amount of space in a shipping container going to Brisbane,i need to transport two car bonnets for a triumph stag that a friend of mine is restoring in Brisbane.i am willing to pay for the space .
can anyone help?
I can't help but if you find anyone who is willing to share space I need some room in container to Brissy as well. Send me a pm if you have any luck???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.