Reload this Page >

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Emily and Damon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to ship or not

Hi Phil,
We're moving from Norwich but our stuff is in Hereford so it's a bit more complicated !! nothing's ever straightforward tho is it!! Like you I'd prefer a reccomendation rather than plucking a number out of the directory - I've heard with a good haulier it can take 6-8 weeks for your stuff to arrive but we do know someone who went with a cheaper company from Cornwall I think it was and it took just over 3 months!!!
Our stuff is in storage with GB Liners at the moment so we're getting them to quote for the move but I don't know anyone who's used them for this.

What's making you move out to Oz?? Have you got work etc lined up already??
Old Apr 25th 2012, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Emily and Damon
Hi Phil,
We're moving from Norwich but our stuff is in Hereford so it's a bit more complicated !! nothing's ever straightforward tho is it!! Like you I'd prefer a reccomendation rather than plucking a number out of the directory - I've heard with a good haulier it can take 6-8 weeks for your stuff to arrive but we do know someone who went with a cheaper company from Cornwall I think it was and it took just over 3 months!!!
Our stuff is in storage with GB Liners at the moment so we're getting them to quote for the move but I don't know anyone who's used them for this.

What's making you move out to Oz?? Have you got work etc lined up already??
Hi Emily,

No nothing is that straightforward is it. We have been leaning to do the move for a few years but recently have got to the stage where we have just had enough of the UK & the way its going from bad to worse.

We did visit Oz 2years ago & liked what we found so just need to give it a go now.

As for work I have not got anything lined up so its fingers crossed but I work in computers & electronics so hope to find something.

What about you? whats your story
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:24 pm
Just Joined

Emily and Damon is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds much the same here re the way things are going and that we visited a couple of times and loved it. Also my husband is a citizen and lived there between the ages of 11 and 17 so has a passport already and we have a small network of friends and family there too which will help. No work lined up either but like yourself my husband hopes to find work fairly easily - he's in hotel management.
We've had 2 quotes re haulage so far and one was 3750 and the other 4200 we've got several more to contact tomorrow so i'll keep you posted if any of them look good.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

Perthflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Container From Uk to WA

Hi

My Mum has been issued her Contributory parent visa to come to Perth

Does anyone have any advice on shipping companies to use and tips when using a shipping company

I tried to search the forum but without success
Old Apr 25th 2012, 10:53 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Don't usually combine shipping threads as the prices go out of date quickly, but as the same topic has come up over a dozen times in the last 3 weeks or so, on this occasion I've merged them all together to make it easier for people to find
Old Apr 25th 2012, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

Phil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the roughPhil K is a jewel in the rough
Smile Re: What to ship and who to ship with - current as of March/April 2012

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Don't usually combine shipping threads as the prices go out of date quickly, but as the same topic has come up over a dozen times in the last 3 weeks or so, on this occasion I've merged them all together to make it easier for people to find
That is very helpfull Pollyana, Thank You
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

laetitia1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

juts a quick question we have a VXR8 coming from Australia that we want to bring with us but the taxes are enormous ? any tips?
also if you come with a car do they put the furniture abnd car in the same container ou do you need two?

any advise on shipping company including animals shipment?

thanks

laeti
arriving in july I cannot wait
Old Apr 26th 2012, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

laetitia1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

also forget to ask, i need to ship my furniture begnning of july but my husband is arriving 23/07 in a flat so we will have no address , can we update the destination address on their way to australia or not?

laeti
Old Apr 26th 2012, 7:24 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by laetitia1974
also forget to ask, i need to ship my furniture begnning of july but my husband is arriving 23/07 in a flat so we will have no address , can we update the destination address on their way to australia or not?

laeti
you can update the destination address whllst it's in customs in Oz
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to allMummy3 is a name known to all

Got my quotes now, single use 40 ft container, quotes range fom 6200 to 8400 but higher includes AQIS.
Insurance around 3% of whatever we value at.
Shipping time 9-11 weeks.

Hope that is useful
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:18 pm
Just Joined

Liz n Alan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mummy
Be very careful in regards to your insurance, we had so much stuff damaged, items damaged but not listed, such as travel mug, I've been told I need to obtain a price for a second hand one!!! You need to check out what you get in the event of damage, is it the value less depreciation, is it second hand value??? We got stung big time, I bought quality things and they have lasted, but now because they are old they are valueless!!! Make a very indepth inventory of your items as the list we received from Whites was ambiguous at best. We used White & Co in UK and their people in Oz are Conroy removals, the chap from this company threatened to throw my husband over the balcony because he asked him to stop swearing!!!! It wasn't the best start to life over here.
Good luck.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 11:53 pm
Forum Regular

Penny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud ofPenny45 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Liz n Alan
Hi Mummy
Be very careful in regards to your insurance, we had so much stuff damaged, items damaged but not listed, such as travel mug, I've been told I need to obtain a price for a second hand one!!! You need to check out what you get in the event of damage, is it the value less depreciation, is it second hand value??? We got stung big time, I bought quality things and they have lasted, but now because they are old they are valueless!!! Make a very indepth inventory of your items as the list we received from Whites was ambiguous at best. We used White & Co in UK and their people in Oz are Conroy removals, the chap from this company threatened to throw my husband over the balcony because he asked him to stop swearing!!!! It wasn't the best start to life over here.
Good luck.
Second that and also remember to quote the REPLACEMENT value in this country. Eg I bought loads of pots trinkets in Indonesia which would be much more expensive to replace here (in face two were damaged and I did have to claim).
Old Apr 27th 2012, 6:30 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy3
Got my quotes now, single use 40 ft container, quotes range fom 6200 to 8400 but higher includes AQIS.

Hope that is useful
try Letton Percival for insurance 1.3% for move to adelaide(don't forget 6% insurance premium tax on top of that ) new for old cover. You'll need to research replacement costs in Oz dollars then convert back to Sterling. You only then need to specifically list individual items over £500 not every single thing.

Prob use Anglo - Pacific as only company to specifically frame a (sentimental value) painting and the others are doing the "have you decided yet" gag when we specifically told them WE'D CALL THEM when we make a decision 20FT container £4k AQIS on top.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 6:37 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Hope that is useful
Shipping companies don't know how much AQIS will charge so be careful. You may find that you still get charged by them for various items.
Old Apr 27th 2012, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

Hope that is useful
thanks for that mummy 3, we had our first guy come round yesterday and said we needed a 40ft, though only 2/3's full. Have you decided who you are going to use and who you felt offered the best/worse service?

Got to more coming next week and the last one on the 18th.

thanks again for keeping us updated

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.