Reload this Page >

We can't justify going after all

We can't justify going after all

Old Dec 9th 2004, 2:38 am
Account Closed

Three Legs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: We can't justify going after all

Mike,

I'm a professional who enjoys football, playing and watching.

I also enjoy a drink and making friends.

Will I not fit in ?

Three Legs

Originally Posted by MikeStanton
Badge - did I once say things were above your head?

My memory must be going; I thought I said it on a few occasions....
Old Dec 9th 2004, 2:41 am
Gee of the Bee Member

Beegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really niceBeegee is just really nice

Originally Posted by Three Legs
I also enjoy a drink and making friends.
Na they'll deport you for that
Old Dec 9th 2004, 3:47 am
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sackofspuds
They publish a Graduate Destinations report - http://www.adelaide.edu.au/opq/surveys/GDS_adu2002.pdf - showing the type of jobs that their graduates get, but not the whereabouts.
Judging by the Employers Name gives a good clue as to where most of them work and the majority I would say are in Adelaide. Very interesting to read though so thanks for the link.

Sasha
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:45 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pandanda
Hi Sack of Spuds
I know you are concerned about your kids moving away to study or work in another city, and truthfully some kids do.

Or to put another slant on it, they might just move away from England and rebel against the fact that they are feeling pushed into "being more ambitious" or "choosing a career path" or "being more successfull" than their parents???

Not having a go at you personnally because you sound as though you have really thought this through and believe that you are doing the best for your family.

But i was a pushed only child and look whats happened to me :scared: I'm a tupperware hosting, footie loving, barbe que extrodinare chef who likes to nip to the beach on a weekend. Ohhhhh the shame, Mike could you actually BE my real father???? OH god no!!! I knew that gas oven would come in handy for something
Old Dec 9th 2004, 9:58 am
Badge

Badge - did I once say things were above your head?

My memory must be going; I thought I said it on a few occasions....
God. I'm devastated.

BM

Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:02 am
Badge

Default Episode 5 : The Consultant Strikes back

Originally Posted by hevs
Ohhhhh the shame, Mike could you actually BE my real father????
Dearth Mike:

"hevs, Badge, I am your father".

Badge/Hevs (they are hanging off a Bar-b-q) missing one hand etc

"No!!! It can't be....no!!!!"

Dearth Mike:

"Come with me to the dark side!! Come back to London and the SE and we will rule the investment markets and consult side by side..."

Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:13 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Hevs.. "nooooooooo, don't make me go there, i wouldn't be able to see the footy, or go to any decent beaches so i'd loose my tan, and who would be able to keep all the expats up to date with the important stuff like the price off lettuce!!!!"

Badge "not you mate!! your just an uneducated thicko and can't do important maths and work out if iceburg is good value or not"

Hevs "who invited you?? anyway, youre not my brother, are you?? " arrrgghh :scared:

Last edited by hevs; Dec 9th 2004 at 10:17 am.
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:15 am
Badge

Badge:

"Hevs is my sister? It can't be! Don, where is Don?"

Don: (in a halo)

"Use the Forum Badge. I did not lie to you about your father".

Last edited by Badge; Dec 9th 2004 at 10:17 am.

Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:20 am
High in the Dandenongs

I just read the title of your mini saga!! We havn't done a story for ages!!

Sorry Spuds to trash your thread
Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:29 am
Badge

Badge

"Whats the forum, Don?"

Don:

"The Forum is all around us. It binds us, it helps us. Feel it. It helps with the rose tinted glasses".

Old Dec 9th 2004, 10:32 am
Badge

Don:

"The Forum made your father bitter and twisted. Anger is a bad thing. There is still good in Mike.

He liked aspects of Australia [like the ferries] but money and markets and sheer variety lured him over"

Old Dec 10th 2004, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

Ruptured gonad is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no problem with people giving Oz a go - good luck to them. Don't you feel that my posts provide some balance to some of the other more one-sided postings

I feel duty-bound to correct the occasionally far-fetched and ludicrous postings that attempt to draw Oz in such a positive light compared with the UK. And, contrary to many of the posters that wax lyrically (the last word is a lie) about the joys of Oz, I spent many years living there - so I have a pretty good idea of the real pros and cons.

I'm sure that those who don't want to read my posts have the ability to ignore them

As for the deeper issues including the price of lettuce etc, I try and stay away from them...

Do I need to justify my return?

For those of you for whom material things mean so much, consider this: I arrived in Oz with nowt, by the time we left we had a 5-bedroomed house in Sydney and ran a consultancy business which provided us with a salary of ~$350k per year.

And still we wanted to come back.

Do we regret the return to UK? Not for one moment.

Do we regret being in Oz for so long? Definitely.

Mike, I see a common theme to all your posts & it's called bitterness.
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ruptured gonad
Mike, I see a common theme to all your posts & it's called bitterness.
But, oh wise one, why bitterness?

Perhaps, like some others, I eventually realised the good and bad about Oz. And decided the redneck thing ain't my thing.

Of course, it may be yours, Princess Leia.
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:42 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Don:

"The Forum made your father bitter and twisted. Anger is a bad thing. There is still good in Mike.

He liked aspects of Australia [like the ferries] but money and markets and sheer variety lured him over"
Badge (aka 'Chewbacca's bitch') smiled "Of course, I can do 2000 push-ups in my sleep. In fact, my mates are amazed at how I'm so fit. I'm even thinking of climbing Everest while in a straightjacket."

Hevs/Jabba the Hutt belches "The girls don't just love me for my looks. I've got a large brain - why, I keep it in the fridge. Now, pass me the remote; there's a 27 round AFL replay this afternoon between the Sydney Girlies and the Adelaide Closets; followed by racing from the back of beyond. And then some kulture thing - bloody poofters!

"Badge, oh all-knowing, very fit for your age person; what is the meaning of life?"

Badge: "QED"
Old Dec 10th 2004, 1:44 am
chilled member

sloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond reputesloake has a reputation beyond repute

But, oh wise one, why bitterness?

Perhaps, like some others, I eventually realised the good and bad about Oz. And decided the redneck thing ain't my thing.

Of course, it may be yours, Princess Leia.
So, Mike there were good points in Oz..

why dont you tell us about them as well, instead of the constant remarks about rednecks, lack of culture etc..

thats probably why people are beginning to think you are sounding bitter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.