Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:24 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Wanted Down Under 2010

Originally Posted by Leedelta
But would she say "Well that all looks very inviting"

Where would she prefer, the city,coast or country....
Ooh - err!
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:16 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Leedelta;8251103
Where would she prefer, the city,coast or country....[/QUOTE]

She'd prefer it up her pale pommy jacksie.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

pazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to allpazza is a name known to all

I agree with Damson.
Who the hell did that chef think he was, trying to show the guy up. To be honest, i was cringing watching when he was shouting his name a number of times, and he took no notice of the chef. He was probably ignoring him on purpose, thinking "i've come here to film a few hours work experience, i don't know anyone here, and he's speaking to me like i'm a piece of shit".
It certainly wasn't a good advert for his man management, but perhaps he's trying to come across as aussies answer to Gordon Ramsey. What a tosser.
I know there's bosses in every trade that'll give you a hard time, but at least you're not getting shown up on national telly.
Old Jan 16th 2010, 4:26 pm
Just Joined

Murky is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Wanted Down Under 2010

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Would you move across the world for a shitty house, worse money, etc etc?

Might seem like shallow reasons for the move... but its the reasons 90% of the people coming would site, once you get past the standard "we are doing it for the kids" nonsense.
The impression we're now getting (people still in the visa black hole) that we might end up with said 'shitty house, worse money, etc etc. Thats why we come on this site for useful information from expats rather than just fluff from WDU. Could you not help us out? What's Your Story Morning Glory?

Last edited by Murky; Jan 16th 2010 at 4:27 pm. Reason: addition
Old Jan 17th 2010, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Come on then so whose coming up on this weeks installment of Not Wanted Down Under?

Poor sods. Lets see who the BBC torture next.....................
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

I have all the episodes on Sky+ and deleted the ones for areas I would not consider or are curious about.............the only one I have seen so far is the Roberts who went to Darwin.................they said that may see in 6 months would be about now...............does anyone know what they are doing now?

Also who decides which city/town they will go to the people or the BBC?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:18 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I wish they'd do one in Canberra instead if revisiting previously covered locations
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I wish they'd do one in Canberra instead if revisiting previously covered locations
Yeah I don't think I've seen one ever about Canberra.

I liked Darwin though, looks like a nice place.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 9:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Yeah I don't think I've seen one ever about Canberra.

I liked Darwin though, looks like a nice place.
Yes, I liked Darwin too. And also Cairns.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:31 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

After watching todays WDU, I've went off Cairns. Strange how the BBC can make it look so favourable last week and not so in this episode.
Its Darwin the rest of this week and NZ on Thursday. I think I'm going to stop watching it.
I entered the GMTV competition to win the Australia holiday with buisness class flights.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Hi,

I am trying to enter but it gives A, B , C as the answer options but what is the question please?

Michelle

Originally Posted by Lyx
After watching todays WDU, I've went off Cairns. Strange how the BBC can make it look so favourable last week and not so in this episode.
Its Darwin the rest of this week and NZ on Thursday. I think I'm going to stop watching it.
I entered the GMTV competition to win the Australia holiday with buisness class flights.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:45 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Name the long running Australian soap opera?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:52 am
BE Enthusiast

sorry I should have said, I don't have the options either....it just said ABC

Originally Posted by Lyx
Name the long running Australian soap opera?
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:58 am
Forum Regular

layla950 will become famous soon enoughlayla950 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by seayork2002
Originally Posted by Lyx
Me too. The answer is A.
Old Jan 18th 2010, 10:59 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by seayork2002
From memory I think option A was neighbours.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.