Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jan 4th 2010, 7:49 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wanted Down Under 2010

Originally Posted by Hutch
Nice to see them branching out a bit and not focusing exlusively on the big cities.
I think a program on the likes of Nowra would be excellent... small, regional, town, pretty much unlike anything in the UK.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 8:20 pm
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aussiedreamer
HTML Code:
 I must say, I thought that the family did really well and came across as very normal. Remember that poor woman a few years ago who said that her horses came first, then the dogs, then the kids and then her husband. LOL. She was crucified by the shows editing!
Well she's back this year!!!!!!
Lyx In context the question relating to the order was directed at who got fed in the house first
First response Horses 4am, dogs 4.30, Kids lunches 5.30 and Husband last as could fend for himself but usually had cooked breakfast and pack up done before he left at 6. What they didn't explain either was that they were her business and not just a hobby. However the power of editing and the need to repeat the answer in 10 different styles. You live and learn.

j
Are you back on the show this year? Is it for an update?
Did you get settled then Jane? Has the meal order changed lol. In that list the husband is normally last, you have to put the kids and pets first.
Sod all round gettin up at that time - I prob used to but 4:30am would kill me now.
Old Jan 4th 2010, 9:25 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think a program on the likes of Nowra would be excellent... small, regional, town, pretty much unlike anything in the UK.
Are we really that different that we chose to live outside of a metropolis? I mean, whenever you see a post from a newbie on this site it's always, "I'm heading for Perth," or "I'm off to Sydney". Did all these people live in a city in the U.K? If not, why would they want to live in one in Oz? *head scratch emote*
Old Jan 5th 2010, 12:36 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hutch
.... "I'm heading for Perth," or "I'm off to Sydney". Did all these people live in a city in the U.K?
Oh come on - most people who say "I'm going to live in Brisbane" dont end up necessarily living in Brisbane - but somewhere in a 1 hour radius of Brisbane.

How many people in the UK DONT live within an hours travel of a decent sized city?
Is it possible to live more than an hour away from a City in England? (Perhaps in Cornwall, Cumbria or Yorkshire?)
Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:10 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Yesterday's family were a very normal down to earth family. The sons were rather like my two. The usual things came up, ie parents' guilt about leaving their extended family and friends and removing their kids to the other side of the world. But I felt that I could relate very strongly to their sense that "it's either now or never".

I didn't like any of the houses that were shown. They all looked rather prefab-like and hap-hazard in layout.

It's a shame that the family don't get to choose where they go, the previous presenter was better and the line up of destinations in this series seems to have again left out Canberra .
Old Jan 5th 2010, 4:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DadAgain
Oh come on - most people who say "I'm going to live in Brisbane" dont end up necessarily living in Brisbane - but somewhere in a 1 hour radius of Brisbane.

How many people in the UK DONT live within an hours travel of a decent sized city?
Is it possible to live more than an hour away from a City in England? (Perhaps in Cornwall, Cumbria or Yorkshire?)
I lived less than an hour from Bath, Bristol and Cheltenham when I lived in the UK, but I didn't live in a city. Now I live about an hour from Wollongong - but I don't live in Wollongong. When asked where I live, I say South Coast NSW because that's where I live and not Wollongong. Is your point that people say they're moving to Sydney, but are actually moving to Newcastle? Sorry, but I think that's a load of shit.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 6:56 am
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

HTML Code:
 I must say, I thought that the family did really well and came across as very normal. Remember that poor woman a few years ago who said that her horses came first, then the dogs, then the kids and then her husband. LOL. She was crucified by the shows editing!
Well she's back this year!!!!!!
Lyx In context the question relating to the order was directed at who got fed in the house first
First response Horses 4am, dogs 4.30, Kids lunches 5.30 and Husband last as could fend for himself but usually had cooked breakfast and pack up done before he left at 6. What they didn't explain either was that they were her business and not just a hobby. However the power of editing and the need to repeat the answer in 10 different styles. You live and learn.

j
Was that you? Aw what a horrible lot the editing team are? I knew it was editing? And so did most sensible people?
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
Hurrah! That's my evenings sorted then.

It's on iPlayer now.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
It's on iPlayer now.
Yes, I watched it last night and will be doing the same again for today's episode. Obviously I am hard at work right now so will miss it.

Thanks for link.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:07 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi

Jenjen - Yes we are on a revisited. Most of us have settled, food order has changed slightly OH still at the end though as he's old enough and big enough to cope.

Lyx - Yes that was me and at the end of the day they are there to make a programme so if your willing to take the freebie holiday then you have got to accept the editing, though when it first went out it was tough to read some of the comments on here (10 days 8 hours per day filming) They have a lot to go at and my angle was leaving my horses. Made me look at Big Brother in a totally different light.

It goes to air on the 11/2 so all of you in the UK will see it before I do so please be nice.

J
Old Jan 5th 2010, 9:58 am
Account Closed

JenJen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Jenjen - Yes we are on a revisited. Most of us have settled, food order has changed slightly OH still at the end though as he's old enough and big enough to cope.

Lyx - Yes that was me and at the end of the day they are there to make a programme so if your willing to take the freebie holiday then you have got to accept the editing, though when it first went out it was tough to read some of the comments on here (10 days 8 hours per day filming) They have a lot to go at and my angle was leaving my horses. Made me look at Big Brother in a totally different light.

It goes to air on the 11/2 so all of you in the UK will see it before I do so please be nice.

J
I can't wait to see you settled out there so to speak.
Have to admit I wasn't very fair on Aussie dreamer in the first show, didn't even occur to me about the editing at the time til we'd had a chat about it, bless her. Having chatted my opinion did change.
Please tell me you don't have horses anymore though or I might sit there and throw things at you on the tv
I can't do the horse riding thing like I used t.

No but seriously will look forward to watching it thanks.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi Jen

Not saying you'll just have to watch although we do live in a rural location not Brissie. Have you not made the move yet???

J
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

Hi, I missed the end of the show yesterday, with the family in Brissie, did they opt to stay in the UK or opt for Oz ???

Thanks
Old Jan 5th 2010, 11:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by truditjh
Hi, I missed the end of the show yesterday, with the family in Brissie, did they opt to stay in the UK or opt for Oz ???

Thanks
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ries_4_Hannah/

Start playing it then zoom the player to near the end to see the final votes.
Old Jan 5th 2010, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

truditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nicetruditjh is just really nice

Many thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.