Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Wanted Down Under 2010

Wanted Down Under 2010

Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:05 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice
Default Re: Wanted Down Under

Does that mean it is too late to send in an application?
Old Jul 1st 2009, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

No idea mate. I would send it in anyway. Sorry I can't give you any contact numbers etc but I've just received a letter of confidentiality etc.
Best of luck though
Old Aug 11th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

aussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud ofaussiedreamer has much to be proud of

Hi Sports endurance, have you filmed yet or are you about to leave for filming. I'm sure they will have filmed you in the UK by now. We have just finished our revisited and had a ball with the crew. Great guys and yes they do have a vision in their head before filming you just have to accept they will edit the way they want. Who's your crew?

Just enjoy it, use any spare opportunity you have to gleen info about the move the life and what you can expect etc

Jane
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

sportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to allsportsendurance is a name known to all

Well boys and girls we have just returned from our time Down Under with the BBC. Verdict is that some things were brill and most of the rest was even better!! We all had a great time but I wanted to inform any potential applicants that don't think of the experience as being a holiday - I promise you it definitely is not and be expected to work between 8.30 and 5.30 every day. I can't tell you much about what happened and what was said but we have made some very good friends and we did get a good idea of what to expect. I found:
food more expensive than UK, private health care almost as much as Council Tax and clothing both expensive, less varried and often of poor quality. I can't really say much about houses, jobs and general life style for obvious reasons.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

Can I ask if you did research before you went on houses, jobs etc as on the shows it appears that no participants do any? I am just wondering if it is the editing.

Originally Posted by sportsendurance
Well boys and girls we have just returned from our time Down Under with the BBC. Verdict is that some things were brill and most of the rest was even better!! We all had a great time but I wanted to inform any potential applicants that don't think of the experience as being a holiday - I promise you it definitely is not and be expected to work between 8.30 and 5.30 every day. I can't tell you much about what happened and what was said but we have made some very good friends and we did get a good idea of what to expect. I found:
food more expensive than UK, private health care almost as much as Council Tax and clothing both expensive, less varried and often of poor quality. I can't really say much about houses, jobs and general life style for obvious reasons.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I did a great deal of research and I was not surprised at anything apart from what I saw at my potential work place - can't explain yet why but it was a pleasant surprise, in fact it was bloody amazing!
and yes I do believe it is the editing or even perhaps how people have been asked to respond (exageration!!). Remember you are often asked the same question a number of times and in different situations so they can choose how and what to present. We had a great film crew who obviously need to sell an interesting programme but also to a certain extent have your feelings and priorities at heart - hopefully!1
I think they may struggle for people applying for NZ as oppsed to Aus! I understand about 20 places are given out of 13000 applicants.
Old Sep 7th 2009, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

myrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of lightmyrtle1 is a glorious beacon of light

Wow - how exciting - look forward to watching your antics!!!!

Hope you had a great experience !
Old Sep 7th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

paulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nicepaulandcelia is just really nice

Did they tell you when the new series is going to be aired? will look out for it especially as your heading to perth
Old Sep 7th 2009, 11:54 pm
=]

Robw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really niceRobw4 is just really nice

Originally Posted by paulandcelia
Did they tell you when the new series is going to be aired? will look out for it especially as your heading to perth
Thanks for the info, sounds interesting!
Old Sep 8th 2009, 8:53 am
Jenny

Location: Bradford, but moving to Busselton WA in Sept 2010 (yay!!!!)
morrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant futuremorrisj3 has a brilliant future

Glad it all went well. Will look out for the "old git/beautiful lady" programme with interest!
Old Nov 1st 2009, 3:44 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone know when the new series is starting and on which channel!?
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Jen,

Usually January on BBC1 when everyone is depressed after christmas and feel even more suicidal after watching programme thinking I wish I lived there rather than the UK
Gary
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:09 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyp
Hi Jen,

Usually January on BBC1 when everyone is depressed after christmas and feel even more suicidal after watching programme thinking I wish I lived there rather than the UK
Gary
Ahhhh bugger, might miss it as we'll maybe have already moved by then! Shame lol
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

garyp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of lightgaryp is a glorious beacon of light

heard the good news jen. bet you cant wait.
where abouts in Queensland you going?
Old Nov 1st 2009, 4:57 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by garyp
heard the good news jen. bet you cant wait.
where abouts in Queensland you going?
Inland from Brisvegas, near a place called Toowoomba, hows ur application going? (Oh and thanku!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.