Wages

Old Jun 17th 2005, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

sakfab_91 will become famous soon enoughsakfab_91 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Wages

also (sorry, second question) if you make $110K in Melbourne, what would you need to make in Syndey to have a comparible lifestyle? For example, we are seeing flats in Melbourne (2-3 bedroom not far from CBD) for 260-300/week. Sydney looks much more expensive. Is this just because Sydney seems more spread out and maybe we don't know the areas well?
Old Jun 18th 2005, 3:18 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by numbers
Thanks perry for your advice, your right, in order to maximise our earnings potential we really do need to tink Auzy, and ive been thinking about doing an MBA or similar, il do some research. IM a fianance manager and i dont count beans thank god. so im closer to the corporate function rather than have no personality and in love with my calculater (sorry Beancounters ) many thanks

Numbers
Just as a rough idea - two vacancies we have at the moment that may be similar to your line of work (remember, this is govt):

The Directorate Accountant is accountable to the Senior Financial Accountant and with line responsibility to the Executive Director for: Preparing or coordinating the preparation of consistent high quality Directorate financial management reports and information. Providing expert advice, analysis and support to the Director and Directorate Managers on a range of financial management and reporting matters which contribute to the efficient and effective financial management of the Directorate and the Department. - $61-65k

The Senior Financial Accountant is accountable to the Chief Finance Officer for the development and reporting of financial strategies, plans and budgets for the Department and the management and development of financial management, budgeting and accounting control systems. As a member of the finance team the incumbent will contribute to providing a full range of accounting, budgeting, and financial reporting and analysis services for the Department. The incumbent will also ensure comprehensive accountability for all externally funded projects and undertake special projects from time to time. - $68 - 74k

Hope that's of some value

Perry
Old Jun 18th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of

I would love to earn that amount! Unfortunately I chose a career in midwifery. So, even as a manager of a unit (which I am not) I would only just earn that.
I was under the impression that nurses got a good salary in Australia. Is that not the case?
Old Jun 18th 2005, 6:23 pm
Merlot

Originally Posted by jugsy
I was under the impression that nurses got a good salary in Australia. Is that not the case?
When I researched into studying for nursing in Australia (and UK), after all the years of time and effort I could earn more as a PA/Secretary - disgusting in my opinion but that was the economics of it.

Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:06 am
Jammy Dodger

floss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nicefloss is just really nice
Unhappy Re: Wages

Bumping for info on Sydney - just learned that hubby thinks his Melbourne Salary would be comparable to that in Brisbane, aprox two thirds of that for Sydney and MUCH less than the $80k comfort zone.... :scared:

I knew the tv industry was poorly but I hadn't realised it was terminal
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:52 am
Just Joined

ajlh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by PhilShila
I fully expect to get a job paying $120K min - maybe even up to $150k and I ain't going 'til I've secured it !!

Am I serious? - yes, I am.

Phil
To clarify for you exactly where you're aiming, the Treasurer unveiled 2 new tax scales in last month's budget to take effect 1/7/2005 and 1/7/2006 respectively. The 2006 scale has the top rate starting at $125k, and this amount was specifically chosen so it would only catch the top 2% or so of incomes.

So in effect you want to come to Australia and start at an elite level.

(I'm not saying that's either unrealistic or wrong, depending on your qualifications and experience.)
Old Jun 19th 2005, 8:55 am
Just Joined

ajlh is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jugsy
Australian nurses are actively recruited by UK (and US) hospitals, using salary differences as an incentive.