Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Email reply from DIMIA

Email reply from DIMIA

Old Jun 17th 2005, 11:33 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Email reply from DIMIA

Well as most of you may know Rich has a job at the Greenslopes hospital.
We had an email from them on Tuesday asking if Rich could start on 5th September..... we haven't got visa yet. We have also sold our house....should complete about 4 weeks time.

Application was received end April acknowledgement email sent 3rd May aand credit card charged same day. Meds were received unrequested at Sydney 31st May.

I emailed them to ask the question "what is the timescale for processing at the moment, what month???"

Anyway within 48hours I got this back from them.....

We are now assessing applications lodged at the middle of March so it will
not be long before your application is allocated to a case officer for
assessment.

A number of occupations have recently been added to the Migration
Occupations in Demand List and although I have allocated more resources to
assess these priority occupations there are a lot of them and we are unable
to process any quicker. That said September is not unrealistic but no
guarantees.

Hope this helps some people out there waiting.

Ang
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:44 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Email reply from DIMIA

Originally Posted by Rich and Angie
We had an email from them on Tuesday asking if Rich could start on 5th September..... we haven't got visa yet. We have also sold our house....should complete about 4 weeks time.

Application was received end April acknowledgement email sent 3rd May aand credit card charged same day. Meds were received unrequested at Sydney 31st May.

I emailed them to ask the question "what is the timescale for processing at the moment, what month???"

assessment.

guarantees.

Ang
Excellent post, I can't understand why others haven't answered it
This'll bump it up. Sent you some k.

Anne
Old Jun 18th 2005, 8:54 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
Excellent post, I can't understand why others haven't answered it
This'll bump it up. Sent you some k.

Anne
It is an great post - gives me hope that I'll get my PR by early/mid July - 5 months after ack !!

Cheers Ang - chat soon

Cas x
Old Jun 18th 2005, 9:26 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

assessment.

guarantees.

Ang
Thanks, for the info, given me some hope, though I think Ian has lost the will to live at the moment. He's become a real stress head. Karma sent with many thanks Mel
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

KAPILJ is an unknown quantity at this point

assessment.

guarantees.

Ang
Thanks for your Information. So we can have an idea about the processing time.I lodged end of march......Very close now.

Kapil
Old Jun 18th 2005, 11:34 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Stomach doing somersaults as we lodged early April so wont be long! :scared:

sending some k (if i can!)
Old Jun 18th 2005, 12:24 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

assessment.

guarantees.

Ang
Hi - we are light years away yet but i was interested to read that you have sold your house ahead of visa grant - we are considering same when the time comes. can you tell me why you did this please just so i can justify my thoughts on it!!! cheers.

karma sent in anticipation (grovel!!)

jac
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:06 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Rich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond reputeRich and Angie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rooksie
Hi - we are light years away yet but i was interested to read that you have sold your house ahead of visa grant - we are considering same when the time comes. can you tell me why you did this please just so i can justify my thoughts on it!!! cheers.

karma sent in anticipation (grovel!!)

jac
Hi jackie

We sold our house becase...,

We weren't sure how long it would take to get the visa and thought that even if we get a buyer we can get rented accomm and not stuck with a visa and then got the house to sell... as this seems to be causing quite a few probs around.

Also Rich had the job interview in Feb so we knew we were okay as far as going to Aus was concerned. Some people go over before getting jobs with us its the other way around which is good. But for him to start on 5/9 we need to fly around 17/8 so Rich has to give notice in on 18/7 (4 weeks).

And lastly we sold the house first so that we can settle things owed to work out how much cash we have left and organise rentals etc...

I just wish I knew when the visa was coming so that we can finalise the plans but hey at least I know its coming soon......

Good Luck
Ang
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:10 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

Thanks for all your replies guys.....and the karma

Thisnk it was a good thing to do emiling them, and yes they told me not to enquire in the last paragraph just didn't copy & paste that bit.

Good Luck everyone eaiting... just keep hoping and smiling and it will come to those who wait long enough!!!

Ang
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:10 pm
Account Closed

Hi jackie

We sold our house becase...,

We weren't sure how long it would take to get the visa and thought that even if we get a buyer we can get rented accomm and not stuck with a visa and then got the house to sell... as this seems to be causing quite a few probs around.

Also Rich had the job interview in Feb so we knew we were okay as far as going to Aus was concerned. Some people go over before getting jobs with us its the other way around which is good. But for him to start on 5/9 we need to fly around 17/8 so Rich has to give notice in on 18/7 (4 weeks).

And lastly we sold the house first so that we can settle things owed to work out how much cash we have left and organise rentals etc...

I just wish I knew when the visa was coming so that we can finalise the plans but hey at least I know its coming soon......

Good Luck
Ang
thanks for your reply Ang - we are contemplating putting house on the market before visas - its not as if we are committing to anythng after all.. not until we get buyers sign on the dotted line etc et!! my husband hates this house anyway so worst case scenario would be moving anyway!!

thanks for the insight and hope you get your visas soon!!

PS. what does Rich do??
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:14 pm
Cleveland, Bayside

thanks for your reply Ang - we are contemplating putting house on the market before visas - its not as if we are committing to anythng after all.. not until we get buyers sign on the dotted line etc et!! my husband hates this house anyway so worst case scenario would be moving anyway!!

thanks for the insight and hope you get your visas soon!!

PS. what does Rich do??
thats it girl positive thinking!!!!

Rich is a Reg nurse in acute respiratory (acute medicine) and has a job at Greenslopes Private hospital in Brisbane.

What is your trade, I know you are doing a TRA....

Ang
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:17 pm
Account Closed

thats it girl positive thinking!!!!

Rich is a Reg nurse in acute respiratory (acute medicine) and has a job at Greenslopes Private hospital in Brisbane.

What is your trade, I know you are doing a TRA....

Ang
WOW - thats fantastic!!

my hubbie is a gasfitter/plumber and i am a general dosser!!! (alas not on SOL!!)
Old Jun 18th 2005, 1:19 pm
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Bumping.....

Shouldn't Be Too Long For Our Medical Requests....i Hope...

Corker
Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:26 pm
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Rooksie]Hi - we are light years away yet but i was interested to read that you have sold your house ahead of visa grant - we are considering same when the time comes. can you tell me why you did this please just so i can justify my thoughts on it!!! cheers.

We also sold house and cars last September, before getting the visa (still waiting) cos we wanted to just be able to go as soon as we get it. Absolutely no regrets, a couple of other nurses at work have got their visa but sadly not been able to sell their house and advised me to do it this way,
hopefully it wont go t*ts up and we will get the visa soon. Good luck with everything, Mel
Old Jun 18th 2005, 5:53 pm
Account Closed

[QUOTE=meljor]

We also sold house and cars last September, before getting the visa (still waiting) cos we wanted to just be able to go as soon as we get it. Absolutely no regrets, a couple of other nurses at work have got their visa but sadly not been able to sell their house and advised me to do it this way,
hopefully it wont go t*ts up and we will get the visa soon. Good luck with everything, Mel

Hmmm.. certainly sounds like a plan. thanks a bunch - certainly reinforced my thoughts!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.