Forum Regular

Ianha77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Slippers
No.
Enough said.
Old May 13th 2003, 11:59 am
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife would never treat our daughter like that and so would have nothing to answer to.
It matters not the whys or wherefores of what was done, the question is how would you feel if someone called your wife a bitch, especially on a forum where she was unable to defend herself.
Old May 13th 2003, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

parky43 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats right, i think you dug an hole for yourself. If you had said that about my wife, you would have had a slap by now, then dropped in that hole you dug.

This forum is for people looking/giving advice to others who appreciate it, not to slag someone off because of a comment they made. Lets talk about the good points on the show.

Dean
Old May 13th 2003, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Slippers is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Ianha77
Enough said.

Let's summarise:

You said the mother in the TV prog was a "bitch" and that "she was in it for herself. bollocks to everyone else, as long as i get the sun and the house i want then that is ok."

I said that it was not right to say such things on the basis of one prog you saw on your telly and that it was not her whole, true life up on the sceen but an editor's edit. I also said that as a new parent that you might wait until you had more experience under your belt before insulting others and that perhaps she had just made a mistake, as we all do.

According to you, my not having kids makes me unqualified to comment.

You are right. Enough said.
Old May 13th 2003, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Ok Ok, Have taken back the drisery comment i made about the lady in the tv programme. It was wrong of me and i should not have said it. I will call her 'not a nice mother in my opinion' and will edit my orignial post . Everything else still stands though!
Old May 13th 2003, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Bigdigger is an unknown quantity at this point

In my opinion you are an unfit father and husband, if you called my wife a bitch you would be getting more than a slap.
I have 3 kids and they can be a trial for anyone, especially when I have to cope on my own. My wife does a sterling job and is the best of mothers and she can still lose it with them, and me for that matter.
Old May 13th 2003, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Bigdigger
In my opinion you are an unfit father and husband, if you called my wife a bitch you would be getting more than a slap.
I have 3 kids and they can be a trial for anyone, especially when I have to cope on my own. My wife does a sterling job and is the best of mothers and she can still lose it with them, and me for that matter.
And you call me an unfit father? Not my words but yours!
Not meaning to be nasty but was no need for a comment like that.
I live for my family as i am sure you do.

Last edited by Ianha77; May 13th 2003 at 12:23 pm.
Old May 13th 2003, 12:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not meaning to be nasty but was no need for a comment like that
Many think there was no need for your comments, !!!!!!!!

Dont give it if you can't take it.
Old May 13th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

Did I actually read here that some people now may think of emigrating to NZ instead of OZ because of a TV programme!!!

This is incredible, you people seriously need a 6 month working holiday in both countries to make up your minds.

If you cant afford that you should probably not be considering emigrating such a massive distance.

Suppose they have a nice sunny happy show on Mexico next week will you go there?

I thought the joke on here about immigrants and TV shows was just that, a joke, but it seems not.
Old May 13th 2003, 4:08 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
This is incredible, you people seriously need a 6 month working holiday in both countries to make up your minds.

If you cant afford that you should probably not be considering emigrating such a massive distance.
Not a bad idea. Though with books, videos, internet etc I reckon it is reasonably easy to research both countries first, nothing beats a fact finding trip and living there for weeks/ months.

Cheers - Don
Old May 13th 2003, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to beholdKiwipaul is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by dotty

According to your idea only the MEGA RICH should be able to emigrate here.

I would say less than 1% of the people who come to NZ or Australia could afford to spend 6 months in each country just looking around.

They wouldn't be able to work without a work permit, plus even if the got a work permit for both countries who would employ them for just 6 months to " see if they like it".

I agree people should come to look around before they move here but to be realist the max they will have is a couple of weeks here on holiday.

I was lucky I had a 3 week holiday in NZ and then went back to UK, I never imagined I would be able to emigrate, but when the opportunity arose I took it and I've never looked back.
Old May 13th 2003, 4:31 pm
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

This is all very strange, The woman in question had just moved from her native country to a new land AND in the space of a week, had bought furniture, sorted a school for her daughter, sent her husband (who was her only adult contact) off to retrain for the week AND then had the added upset of her son hurting his arm and having it set in plaster!!!! IN ONE WEEK!.
you need to wake up mate, you talk about children as if you,re the only person who has ever got it right, Have you had to look after your child with a cast on? in a strange country, with a whole new health care system that you have never dealt with before.
Lets hope you don't have to deal with the stress this woman had in her FIRST week of starting a new life when you make the move.
Old May 13th 2003, 6:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

sofistek is an unknown quantity at this point

Which was there for everyone to see. Would you blatantly mouth off at your child For falling and fracturing his or her arm anyway, let alone on TV. If people think she is coping well then what is nor coping?
Remember that it was a television programme, edited for maximum viewability. She is only human, and can't be expected to act saintly all the time. She had clearly had a bad day but there was never any hint that she wanted what was best for her kids and coped very well with Sam's accidents, without her husband, in a strange land, with no good friends yet.

I don't think she blatantly mouthed off at her child for injuring himself but we don't know the second by second account of their first couple of weeks and so can't fairly comment on her reaction to the ups and downs of life.
Old May 13th 2003, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Gra.B
B*****ks! Wait 'til she's old enough to answer you back.
Sorry, but you need a reality check of the highest order! Your daughter will be running rings round you in no time.
Good reply, Gra.b. I think Ian has got a lot of growing up to do, if he thinks what Mrs Goddard said was worth being hanged for.

Some people.
Old May 13th 2003, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

My wife would never treat our daughter like that and so would have nothing to answer to.
Also, I didn't feel she was coping with the stress. She onlyhad a camera stuck in her face because she wanted to. If she couldn't cope, which she obviously couldn't, then she should never have volountered for the show. A show was all it was!
I hope you're not going to NZ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.