Tasmania??

Old Dec 31st 2007, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Thats the Tasman Bridge, we have to cross that to go see Corrine and family in Lindisfarne. We spent the afternoon today with them at the beach, we had a lovely time. Temps reached 33c today, the sea was very cold, but we needed it to cool off!
had a wicked time!! how hot was today!!! sitting here now browing expats and sweating like a pig!!! lovely!!!! need air con, help!!!!!!!! (kezza dead jealous as know youve got it!!!). Breeze was great at beach but stepped out of the car here and nearly passed out!!! Have just seen the kids fireworks display over the trees from Hobart, how great was that, just sitting waiting for the adult ones at midnight!!! Happy new year to you all. Love Corinne x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 11:58 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Hope you have a fab New Year in Tas!!!!!! Dead jealous here....LOL
Take some photos of the fireworks if you can.........bet they will be stunning!!!!!
Beth x x
Old Dec 31st 2007, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
had a wicked time!! how hot was today!!! sitting here now browing expats and sweating like a pig!!! lovely!!!! need air con, help!!!!!!!! (kezza dead jealous as know youve got it!!!). Breeze was great at beach but stepped out of the car here and nearly passed out!!! Have just seen the kids fireworks display over the trees from Hobart, how great was that, just sitting waiting for the adult ones at midnight!!! Happy new year to you all. Love Corinne x

Glad you're all having a nice warm time over there - it's not too cold at the moment but it's predicted to get colder......
They've also mentioned snow wednesday or thursday this week!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE ON THE THREAD!!!!!!!:thumbs up:
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Happy New Year everyone! Just got back today from 6 nights camping up in Stanley in the far North West Coast of Tassie - we seemed to miss out on the heatwave though, we spent a very brisk New Year's Eve as it was quite windy coming off the ocean. The kids had a couple of swims while we were there, too cold for me though! I even found W.A. Beaches cold after growing up in Qld. Tried fishing a couple of afternoons but no luck.
Yesterday we went to Dismal Swamp in the Tarkine Forest, did the fast slide down to the forest floor, it was very fast (45 kmph) and bumpy, gave me and hubby and our youngest Daughter quite bad headaches, the older daughter went down 3 times all up, she enjoyed it.
Ah it's nice to be back home though!
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:38 am
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Teabag
Happy New Year everyone! Just got back today from 6 nights camping up in Stanley in the far North West Coast of Tassie - we seemed to miss out on the heatwave though, we spent a very brisk New Year's Eve as it was quite windy coming off the ocean. The kids had a couple of swims while we were there, too cold for me though! I even found W.A. Beaches cold after growing up in Qld. Tried fishing a couple of afternoons but no luck.
Yesterday we went to Dismal Swamp in the Tarkine Forest, did the fast slide down to the forest floor, it was very fast (45 kmph) and bumpy, gave me and hubby and our youngest Daughter quite bad headaches, the older daughter went down 3 times all up, she enjoyed it.
Ah it's nice to be back home though!
Hey just done a google search on Dismal Swamp,
It looks a fun place to go!!!
http://forestrytas2.adocentral.net.a...t/dismal-swamp

Hey just wondering if you lot are intrested in a meet? Found a superb venue in Launceston, So is anybody up for it sometime towards end of feb???
Gary and Vikky

Last edited by GaryVFR8; Jan 1st 2008 at 10:44 am.
Old Jan 1st 2008, 5:11 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8

Hey just wondering if you lot are intrested in a meet? Found a superb venue in Launceston, So is anybody up for it sometime towards end of feb???
Gary and Vikky

Happy New Year everyone on the Tassie thread!

Count us in Gary!
We arrive in Tassie on 23rd Jan and will be staying with friends in Cressy until our dogs come out of quarantine so we will need to find a rental asap near Lonnie.
We are blithly hoping this won't be a problem (we have 2 girl dogs here who are coming with us plus I own a boy dog and a girl puppy (9 weeks old) on Tassie. May be best to not mention that? Tho ours are very well house trained , short coated and NEVER chew. Puppy will be kept in a crate... Can't wait to meet her...

Cathy www.vizslak.co.uk
Old Jan 1st 2008, 7:29 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Happy New Year everyone on the Tassie thread!

Count us in Gary!
We arrive in Tassie on 23rd Jan and will be staying with friends in Cressy until our dogs come out of quarantine so we will need to find a rental asap near Lonnie.
We are blithly hoping this won't be a problem (we have 2 girl dogs here who are coming with us plus I own a boy dog and a girl puppy (9 weeks old) on Tassie. May be best to not mention that? Tho ours are very well house trained , short coated and NEVER chew. Puppy will be kept in a crate... Can't wait to meet her...

Cathy www.vizslak.co.uk
Hey Cathy.........just realised you're welsh too
Good luck with the move.........bet you're excited now!!!!
Beth x x
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hey Cathy.........just realised you're welsh too
Good luck with the move.........bet you're excited now!!!!
Beth x x
Yes Beth, between Chepstow and Lydney but originally from The Gower.

Where are you?

Cathy
Old Jan 1st 2008, 8:44 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Thumbs up Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Yes Beth, between Chepstow and Lydney but originally from The Gower.

Where are you?

Cathy
Originally from Bridgend, all my family are still there. Moved to Ton Pentre (near Treorchy) in 2000 as my husband's family are there, then down the road to Gelli in 2005, so I'm a Rhondda girl now
We sold our caravan a few months ago and our 4x4 7 seater jeep to save up for the big move.......used to go to Bank Farm caravan site every other weekend..........stunning views of the beach from there
Beth x x
Old Jan 1st 2008, 9:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GaryVFR8

Gary and Vikky
Sounds good to me Gary, we'd defo be up for that! Duncan gets weekends off work, does everyone else get weekends off?
Old Jan 1st 2008, 10:18 pm
Karoola!!!!!!

GaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to allGaryVFR8 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Tasmania??

Hi everyone,
I've put up a Tasmania meet up in the meet up section so all feel free to chip in with ideas???

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...76#post5727176
Regards
Gary and Vikky
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:47 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Hi everyone, just thought I would drop in and introduce myself.
We are hoping to move to Tasmania this year from Perth, where we have been for the past 4 years. Previous to that we were in the UK.
We have decided to move because we are tired of the heat in Perth (great for some people but not for us) and we feel its time for a change. No point in being in a huge country if you dont try and see other parts of it!
My hubby is hoping to find work OK over there, he is leaving a well paid job here for this move so fingers crossed. We have 4 kids (13,12,8 and 11 weeks) and a dog as well, and are trying to decide whether to fly across or drive.
Anyway nice to meet you all

Cherry
Old Jan 4th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Welcome to the thread Cherry! We've already chatted by PM but with regard to driving, it can be a huge undertaking especially with 4 kids.

What we did was send our large car over on a truck to Melbourne ($550) I flew and collected it in Melbourne ($300) then caught the ferry ($170) over to Tasmania. If we had freighted the car to Hobart it would have cost $1300 just for the car and I still would have had to pay for air fare.

Our second car is a little starlet and we put that in the container with our furniture. We used U Move Australia - they drop the container at your door, you pack it over a couple of days then they pick it up and send it to your door in Tasmania. It was great!
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:05 am
Wishing on a star...

cherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud ofcherry6 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teabag
Welcome to the thread Cherry! We've already chatted by PM but with regard to driving, it can be a huge undertaking especially with 4 kids.

What we did was send our large car over on a truck to Melbourne ($550) I flew and collected it in Melbourne ($300) then caught the ferry ($170) over to Tasmania. If we had freighted the car to Hobart it would have cost $1300 just for the car and I still would have had to pay for air fare.

Our second car is a little starlet and we put that in the container with our furniture. We used U Move Australia - they drop the container at your door, you pack it over a couple of days then they pick it up and send it to your door in Tasmania. It was great!
That sounds like a good idea. We have a Hyundai Trajet (7 seater) so that could be a good option. What company did you use for your car? Was that U move as well or did you just find a truck heading that way? If you dont mind me asking what was the price of the container?

Thanks
Old Jan 4th 2008, 1:18 am
Karoola!!!!!!

Originally Posted by cherry6
That sounds like a good idea. We have a Hyundai Trajet (7 seater) so that could be a good option. What company did you use for your car? Was that U move as well or did you just find a truck heading that way? If you dont mind me asking what was the price of the container?

Thanks
Another option for you is to catch the Indian Pacific(train) across to Brisbane then drive down the Great Ocean Road to Melbourne then the ferry, They take cars on the train and its a bit of a break tied in to. Not sure of the website address but it is Great Southern Railway who run the train. I know its not the cheapest but a nicer way to see Australia and travel.
Gary

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.