Tasmania??

Old Jan 8th 2008, 3:54 pm
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
here's the site for the cars section of the Mercury's classified ads:

http://carsguide.news.com.au/

it doesn't list the private sales though or all the dealers but it's a start !
Really helpful thanks!!!! Owe you a good few drinks already when we get to Tas
Just had an email off Hayes (construction agency in Tas). Said hubby would be very much sort after with his experience and he will be classed as a 'Civil Construction Project Engineer'.........COOL!!!! Things looking a bit more positive again for us
Beth x x
Old Jan 8th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Thanks for the replies about the cost of living. Beginning to worry if we can afford to live in Tas now on one wage

Lot's of people do.... also if hubby is on an Engineer's wage, you should do OK. We could live on my hubby's wage, but we want to have money for all the extra's too, so that's why I work.
Old Jan 8th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Teabag
Lot's of people do.... also if hubby is on an Engineer's wage, you should do OK. We could live on my hubby's wage, but we want to have money for all the extra's too, so that's why I work.
hi Donna
when's your house move?
Old Jan 8th 2008, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to allTeabag is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ianandhelena
hi Donna
when's your house move?
the 18th!! How Excitement
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Beth and Andrew

Here is a website where you can download the minimum wage payments for Tasmania.

http://www.pat.tas.gov.au/industrial/privateawards.html
Old Jan 9th 2008, 9:52 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Beth and Andrew

Here is a website where you can download the minimum wage payments for Tasmania.

http://www.pat.tas.gov.au/industrial/privateawards.html
Thanks for the link, will show hubby when he gets home from work.
Just wondering are the rentals in Tas fully furnished or unfurnished? Thinking of shipping everything over, but not sure what to do if the house is unfurnished whilst waiting for the container
Beth x x
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

ianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond reputeianandhelena has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondering are the rentals in Tas fully furnished or unfurnished? Thinking of shipping everything over, but not sure what to do if the house is unfurnished whilst waiting for the container
Beth x x
mostly rentals are unfurnished except for white goods-you always get a cooker/fridge/washer, but there are occasional fully furnished properties available.

there's plenty of cheapo secondhand furniture in the Mercury which you could buy to make do and then sell when your own stuff arrives which is what we did, or buy cheap stuff from somewhere like this;

http://www.fantasticfurniture.com.au/store_tas.asp

Last edited by ianandhelena; Jan 9th 2008 at 8:22 pm.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beth x x

I know a place that does monthly hire of whitegoods, I hired a washer and dryer while I waited for my container.

You can always borrow our camping gear, we have tables, stools, sun loungers, blow up beds, etc. etc. and I have some spare mattress's I keep for kids sleepovers and stuff you are welcome to borrow.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 7:40 pm
Make it happen!!!!

I know a place that does monthly hire of whitegoods, I hired a washer and dryer while I waited for my container.

You can always borrow our camping gear, we have tables, stools, sun loungers, blow up beds, etc. etc. and I have some spare mattress's I keep for kids sleepovers and stuff you are welcome to borrow.
Oh do you know I've made myself ill yesterday and today worrying over stupid things (got a horrible migraine and feel sick in daylight).............and then just one person can take the worry away just like that!!!
Totally on the edge today.........almost felt like throwing the towel in......and then you said this to me.......going to have a good cry now.....may make me feel better
Beth x x
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Oh do you know I've made myself ill yesterday and today worrying over stupid things (got a horrible migraine and feel sick in daylight).............and then just one person can take the worry away just like that!!!
Totally on the edge today.........almost felt like throwing the towel in......and then you said this to me.......going to have a good cry now.....may make me feel better
Beth x x
Be glad your'e not me then bloody nightmare at the minute!!!

Zoe xx (also the proud owner of a migraine!!)
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future

Beth x x
Chin up chick it was hard for all of us when we first got here with the same worries. Now there is a "little" network of us newbies out here, all in roughly the same area there are enough of us to loan you things to get you buy so dont worry. We are here to help too when you get here should you need it etc etc. Have a rest today and stop thinking about it, if poss, for a few hours. Regards Corinne x
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Beth x x
Glad to know you are feeling a bit better now
I've been watching Wanted Down Under and starting to worry that we aren't going to be able to afford to live in Oz, due to lots of factors, I think waiting, for the visa, for the house to sell etc leaves you too much time to worry about the whole thing - well it does me, anyway
Keep waking in the night in a complete panic about it all, hubby is just chilled about it all and says we'll just deal with each thing as it arises but me, no, I worry about everything!
Hope you get some good house viewers/buyers soon.

Sam
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:27 pm
Make it happen!!!!

Originally Posted by Bishop3912
Chin up chick it was hard for all of us when we first got here with the same worries. Now there is a "little" network of us newbies out here, all in roughly the same area there are enough of us to loan you things to get you buy so dont worry. We are here to help too when you get here should you need it etc etc. Have a rest today and stop thinking about it, if poss, for a few hours. Regards Corinne x
Thanks........can't believe how down I am today worrying about things. Will we sell the house, will we have enough money to do the move, how do I get my daughter's medications when we do arrive, where to rent, what about furniture until container arrives, hope hubby gets a good job, what bank to open an account with, where to buy a car, what if I see a spider (god I am sooooo scared of spiders!!!!!!)..........the list seems endless and I can't chill out......I feel this huge responsibility is on my shoulders right now, and I don't want my girls to suffer for my mistakes
A little bit of me doesn't want to go to Oz right now.........some people have been telling me I'm crazy wanting to move to Tas as it's so isolated from the mainland and much colder blah blah blah.......so some of my doubts are re-surfacing again
Girls have been so excited about possibly having a pool in the garden.......and I don't think the weather is hot enough year round in Tas for a pool.....so really upset that I can't give my own kids the one thing they'd like to have in Oz
Had a cry.....don't feel any better though.
Hey Zoe......I suffered with migraines when I was pregnant too, and the docs wouldn't let me take anything stronger than paracetamols (which didn't help one bit!!!) until I was over 18 weeks........hope yours goes soon.
Beth x x
Old Jan 9th 2008, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Beth

Its not like you to be so down. Sending big karma hugs your way.
I guess its normal to worry about it now you are so close to going and I think its also normal to have good days and bad days (I hope so anyway)
Whenever I think about changing my mind and staying here, I think really hard about our life and how we'll be exactly the same in 5 and 10 years time and that gives me the oomph to keep going to try something new.

Chin up

Sam
Old Jan 9th 2008, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I know it's hard, and I got myself in a mess of anxiety just moving from one side of Australia! Try to tell yourself it will be OK,
  • plenty of people survive just dandy here in Tasmania on one wage
  • I am born and bred Aussie and never been bit by a spider in my 47 years. - The bigger they are - the more harmless!
  • As Corrinne said, there is a nice little web of us here to offer a helping hand.
  • My first night in Tassie I had a visit from a family from BE (they don't post here anymore) and that made all the difference
  • Hobart is quite civilised, you can get everything you need here - Medicines etc..
  • We are closer to the main city centres of the East Coast than Perth is and they all survive too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.