Tasmania??

Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

suttons will become famous soon enoughsuttons will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tasmania??

Originally Posted by travelbug
Hi Shona, that's awful if the container doesnt arrive in time for Xmas. I know Corinne said it was delayed in Melbourne wasn't it.... Not a good time of year to have to make do without all your normal stuff! Especially as you wouldnt want to fork out for new bits knowing it's not far away!
(ive just sent you our pics)
i know, its stuck in Hobart waiting for customs, i think it would have made it easier for her with their own things around them, trying to keep her spirits up but is hard when you are on the other side of the world.

On a good note, the pictures are amazing, makes me want to be there even more now, how unreal to think we could be lucky enough to actually live there. The only pictures i didnt like were the two of the big hairy spider, made me get goosebumps, big big fear of them, thats my biggest downer about going to Tas, where was it? on the side if the house? how many did you see while you were there?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:40 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by suttons
i know, its stuck in Hobart waiting for customs, i think it would have made it easier for her with their own things around them, trying to keep her spirits up but is hard when you are on the other side of the world.

On a good note, the pictures are amazing, makes me want to be there even more now, how unreal to think we could be lucky enough to actually live there. The only pictures i didnt like were the two of the big hairy spider, made me get goosebumps, big big fear of them, thats my biggest downer about going to Tas, where was it? on the side if the house? how many did you see while you were there?
OMG.....I'm petrified of spiders now......god help me in Tas. Haven't seen the photos yet.......but can guarantee I would pass out if it was right in front of me!!!!
Beth x x
Old Dec 19th 2007, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
OMG.....I'm petrified of spiders now......god help me in Tas. Haven't seen the photos yet.......but can guarantee I would pass out if it was right in front of me!!!!
Beth x x

So would i, i dont like little uk ones, let alone the one in the picture, Seriously wait till you see it, i'm just not sure how i will cope if they are regular visitors around the home.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:04 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Teabag
Yes but the secret is out and they are coming. So if you don't like Tas why not p.off back to your Perth threads?
There's no secret my darlin. It's just another dot on the radar of would be migrants - has been for years.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:08 pm
Banned

Dom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud ofDom the Pom has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jerzo
Exactly!!!

If all I was moving for was the weather then i'd be off to the Carribean!!

Its the whole package that Tas has to offer that we want and especially for our 4 boys ( and the next one!!)
So if it's not the weather, but scenery, clear air, small population, quiet/laid back life style etc. etc, why wrench your family to not only the other side of the world, but a remote and pain in the @rse to get to other side of the world, when you can get everything Taz has to offer in northern Scotland or the Lake District?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

The spiders were Huntmans - and those were in Perth! We didnt see any flies or creepy crawlies in Tas - although i know they're there somewhere!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

travelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud oftravelbug has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
So if it's not the weather, but scenery, clear air, small population, quiet/laid back life style etc. etc, why wrench your family to not only the other side of the world, but a remote and pain in the @rse to get to other side of the world, when you can get everything Taz has to offer in northern Scotland or the Lake District?
Excuse me for asking - but why are you participating on this thread when you have nothing of any benefit to contribute? Is it just to annoy other people?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:18 pm
Forum Regular

Excuse me for asking - but why are you participating on this thread when you have nothing of any benefit to contribute? Is it just to annoy other people?
Well said, if you havent got anything good to say then dont bother, we dont want to hear it, if we did we would be on another thread. (where you should be). Oh and the last time i was in Scotland, i dont recall there being much sunshine, whereas Tas on the other hand has plenty of it at the moment.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:21 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Just to say that I have been watching this thread from the start and it has helped me remember why we chose Tassie.

Our dogs have flights booked for 8th Jan to Sydney and we follow on 15th - spending 6 days in Sydney (seeing Bon Jovi there yaaahhooo!) then on to Tassie on 23rd Jan.

We will be staying at Cressy with some friends and will be looking for a rental near Lonnie. (renting house out here as housing market is rubbish!)

I am a nurse and I hope to get a job at LGH as does OH who is a social worker(but don't hold that against us!).

If there are any peeps around who would like a meet up end Jan ish then it would be great to put faces to the names!

Cathy and Rich
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow
Just to say that I have been watching this thread from the start and it has helped me remember why we chose Tassie.

Our dogs have flights booked for 8th Jan to Sydney and we follow on 15th - spending 6 days in Sydney (seeing Bon Jovi there yaaahhooo!) then on to Tassie on 23rd Jan.

We will be staying at Cressy with some friends and will be looking for a rental near Lonnie. (renting house out here as housing market is rubbish!)

I am a nurse and I hope to get a job at LGH as does OH who is a social worker(but don't hold that against us!).

If there are any peeps around who would like a meet up end Jan ish then it would be great to put faces to the names!

Cathy and Rich
Hi Cathy - i remember you from the Tassie Forum - glad to see you've got your flights etc booked! I wish you all the luck in the world - hope you manage to get the jobs you want... Good luck!
oh......and i am just a tad jealous about you seeing Bon Jovi, always had a thing about Jon Bon Jovi since the 80's... think i'm still a bit of rock-chick at heart after all these years......
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:33 pm
Banned

if you havent got anything good to say then dont bother, we dont want to hear it,
The thread is entitled Tasmania??

I'm answering the OP's question without the rose tinted spectacles you and the other dense people who have chosen Taz must have glued to your thick skulls.

So if you 'dont want to hear it,' on an open forum, then p!ss off to another thread.

Oh and the last time i was in Scotland, i dont recall there being much sunshine, whereas Tas on the other hand has plenty of it at the moment.
Possibly, but comparing Scotland to Taz is like saying "I'm moving to the far north of Norway rather than the Artic, because the North Pole is that little bit colder".
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

So because we have chosen Tas and not Perth (or somewhere else in the UK)thats make it rose tinted does it?. I'm under no illusions as to what Tas is really like, i realise its not all sunshine and roses, but i do know its a damn sight better than where i am at the moment. Why so angry ?
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Dom the Pom
The thread is entitled Tasmania??

I'm answering the OP's question without the rose tinted spectacles you and the other dense people who have chosen Taz must have glued to your thick skulls.

So if you 'dont want to hear it,' on an open forum, then p!ss off to another thread.

Possibly, but comparing Scotland to Taz is like saying "I'm moving to the far north of Norway rather than the Artic, because the North Pole is that little bit colder".
I'd suggest that you stop posting on this thread - because you are downright rude and if you think you are being "clever" than i can assure you you're not.
I have just returned from visiting Tasmania - and during the visit and since returning have not for one second worn "rose tinted spectacles"....
On the other hand - most of our trip was to Perth - which we didnt like - and boy am i glad if it's full of people like you!
Old Dec 19th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond reputeSammy T has a reputation beyond repute

Hey, is there any need to be rude?
I for one, am not dense and neither is my husband. The world is full of different people who like different things, fortunately, otherwise we all would be trying to live in the same place, wearing the same clothes, listening to the same music etc.
There are parts of the world and indeed Australia, that I would not wish to live in but do not fel the need to be rude to the people who do choose those places.

Each to their own please and stop being so grumpy

Sam
Old Dec 19th 2007, 1:03 pm
Banned

I'd suggest that you stop posting on this thread - because you are downright rude and if you think you are being "clever" than i can assure you you're not.
I have just returned from visiting Tasmania - and during the visit and since returning have not for one second worn "rose tinted spectacles"....
On the other hand - most of our trip was to Perth - which we didnt like - and boy am i glad if it's full of people like you!
So you decided to base a potentially life shattering upheaval on a 'summer visit' to Oz have you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.